Awoo.

Sonic Generations coming to a mall near you. (USA)

Eternal EX

Satisfy my need for Generations, the Coke Zero did not.

it just left a rumbly in my tumbly

Edited by SockDrawer

It's cool. Uh did you get to play the 3DS version though? And was it better than the console version?

As for the console lag, I bet it was the PS3 version. That version has seen a tons of complaints about lag. And well it could have been the TV too. My old LCD did not go well with Sonic or Assassin's creed.

If the 3DS version was there, it'd have been in one of the 3DSs that didnt read having games in them. If i got a shot at SG3D, i'd have written an essay, believe me!

On an unrelated note, the XBox and Playstation had equal delay, so it may as well have been the TV.

• Thumbs Up 1

When I played demo on my cousins TV I noticed really annoying Input Lag. When I played on my own TV I didnt notice it (Both PS3 ver.)

Besides this is Comic-con build so its as glitchy as E3 one.

Oh and thanks for trying. Hope you enjoyed game. TGS in 2 weeks :)

I didn't notice any input lag on my TV I have a LG 37inch FULL HD.

So if i'm okay with the demo then i will probably be okay with the finished game.

Edited by frokenok3

I have a LG 37inch FULL HD.

You know why? Because Life's Good. tongue.png

Edited by Eternal X
  • Thumbs Up 1

I have 32' LCD LG Full HD TV and I didnt notice any lag on it.

From what I heard best TV for games are LG, SONY and Samsung. But 3D TV from LG arent that good. Its because of this Cinema 3D technology. It has very large input lag.

So if I will buy 3D TV it would be either Sony or Samsung.

Not really, Samsung tend to have more input lag (although most people wont notice). LG is hit or miss depending on the model.

For input lag and overall IQ Panasoic (yeah) are really good

You know why? Because Life's Good. tongue.png

Hahaha xDxD nice one!

Also remember the LG - Sony war that happened. I think my LG had an angry face when it set its eyes on my PS3. laugh.png

Not really, Samsung tend to have more input lag (although most people wont notice). LG is hit or miss depending on the model.

For input lag and overall IQ Panasoic (yeah) are really good

Oh forgot Panasonic is good too. Forgot that my cousin has Samsung and has that input lag.

• 4 weeks later...

So while I was at this mall tour I got to play Generations! But while I played it this happened...

Basically the whole final part of the level (after the section where you go through the huge loop) didn't load. This happened to me TWICE while I was there. Both on the ps3 and 360 and I think I know what triggers it. When your running through the stream section (before you hit the rainbow ramp) and you launch yourself high enough on one of the little edges you can hit the ceiling. This causes the whole scenery in front of you to shake and then disappear. Though I realize this may be an earlier build its still very strange…

Here is my first run through modern GHZ:

You can see the part where you can trigger the glitch at around 2:45. Overall it was amazing and played much better than unleashed. The controls were excellent and were much more lose. I also love the air boost being mapped to a different button! Though one thing that bothers me is the sliding. In unleashed you were able to crawl under something if you weren't able to blow by it at full speed. In generations if you don't pass it with full speed you'll be stopped in your tracks and be forced to watch sonic literally slide (how does this even work?) under the object slowly. You can see a minor case of it at 2:30. But thats my only complaint about it! After playing it I'm even more excited to play the other levels then ever. November can't come fast enough.

P.S. I also have to thank my friend for holding the camera!

• Thumbs Up 4

Interesting but you may be right. It may still be an early version of the game they are driving around with. How did both sonic's control to you?

I've recently heard rumors that Classic Green Hill has been playable at Target and GameStop. Is it true?

Interesting but you may be right. It may still be an early version of the game they are driving around with. How did both sonic's control to you?

Well I didn't really feel any changes were made with classic sonic. Though while I was there I didn't run into any glitches with him (which was common for me during the June demo). I'd imagine that people who've played a newer build of it would of found something new but for me it felt the same :P

Modern sonic played exactly like unleashed (only you can use the stick to switch rails and the air boost is mapped to a different button; along with A/x getting the jump and homing attack like in the adventure titles) only a lot more loosely. I felt like I wasn't constricted to go forward like I was in unleashed. You could move sonic freely even when he was moving at high speed.

Synopsis (from this build):

Classic: Feels the same.

Modern: A sonic from unleashed that you have more control over.

@STrainer: Yes, its true. I went to Gamestop about a week ago and found it running :3

From all the footage I've seen... I think that the demo being taken around the mall tour is effectively the same demo that was shown at SoS (i.e, a version prior to the demo which includes City Escape as well as Green hill)

Other thing's I've noticed that point to this:

-animation on the 'Combo' text is different/has a different style of font (appears to be more animated in the other demo versions)

-The zone title cards have the actual stage name as opposed to '???'

-The extension to the boost meter in this version don't appear to flash when they're taken 'beyond maximum'

On top of that, it's been reported that the Classic Sonic seen at the UK's Gamesfest does feel noticeably different from the demo which was released a while ago.

I think we're safe here smile.png

Edited by CobraRoll

While I was going through some of the left over video I found this minor glitch in classic Sonic's level:

Its a small glitch that is probably only in this build of the game sense I don't remember coming across it during the June demo. Basically I think the cs object kept clipping and hitting the spike object. Which probably kept causing sonic to be sent back.

I think that was fixed in the TGS/GAMESCON/GAMEFEST demo. But thanks for pointing that out. I kept hitting that one thing in the demo back in June. It was a major pain. So I eventually decided to take a different path and avoid it.

Oh bugger, they STILL haven't fixed that glitch? When Classic Sonic runs into an object at a certain speed he bounces back like if you keep a hold of the analogue stick. On the XBLA/PSN demo you can pull of the glitch without fail by not letting go of 'right' at all after he hits the spring. It's really bad, and makes you wonder why the don't simply remove those spikes cause it's so easily replicable. You can do the same thing with the speed shoes item box if you back track from the end of the stage.

Oh bugger, they STILL haven't fixed that glitch? When Classic Sonic runs into an object at a certain speed he bounces back like if you keep a hold of the analogue stick. On the XBLA/PSN demo you can pull of the glitch without fail by not letting go of 'right' at all after he hits the spring. It's really bad, and makes you wonder why the don't simply remove those spikes cause it's so easily replicable. You can do the same thing with the speed shoes item box if you back track from the end of the stage.

Well this is most likely an old build. It should be fixed for the final build.

I suppose. This build going round on tour is kind of old actually. I forgot about that. But still, it's something I'll be watching come November 4th.

I've recently heard rumors that Classic Green Hill has been playable at Target and GameStop. Is it true?