Awoo.

Welcome Back to the SSMB

Dreadknux

I'd say 'it's good to be back' but it's only been a few days and I've not really left. Good to see the site shaping up a bit and all that though.

• Thumbs Up 1

This totally stinks. I hope no one lost any information that was on the boards before...

But as others have already said, at least we can rebuild...

Let us rejoice that at least the site was not completely kicked off the web. *shot*

Anyway, I can live without the skins or fancy stuff. My own forum doesn't have anything, really. ^^ Just hopefully, this doesn't happen again. >.>

#261... Interesting. XD

I will also say, "great to be back here!"

Edited by SaffronRH
  • Thumbs Up 1

Damn, this sucks. But at the same time, I guess a wipe is good every now and again. It allows the forum to improve from where they failed in the past. I don't really mind about the skin, and I guess this allows me to post more than I did before.

Edited by Krigo
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ah, no. :( I had wondered about what happened... didn't think it was going to be this bad though. I still can't believe that everything is lost, just like that.

Either way, it's good that the site is back at least.

• Thumbs Up 1

I sense a deja vu. My storage computer, where I place all my projects, nearly without other backups, was forced a system restoration to factory setting the day before the SSMB crash. Lost all the projects and whatnot. Oh well, it needed a system restore sooner or later, I was aware of that. XD

This all was a really big shock to me. SSMB was a second home to all of us. However, to not fill this post with sadness, I have faith in it being able to become even greater than it once was. Let's try to view it as a new and fresh beginning, we will manage this. =3

Finally I am back, and it is all thanks to Flyboy Fox! Thank you so much, dear, for helping out on the DNS thingy. If you're having friends having problems connecting to this site, please quote this post for them. x3

I am surprised how fast the SSMB was brought up again, though. Great job, this seems like a great start. I do not care if it will be "mere bones" for the first while, I still will enjoy it and help expand and build it to become what it once was, if not even better. For the SSMB! ^__^

Edit: Nuuh, no award section! Oh well, everything'll eventually come when the time is right, I suppose. XD

• Thumbs Up 1

Unfabulous. :(

At least the site is somewhat back, I suppose. Sad that everything needs to be fixed from scratch, though.

Will we be getting any site skins any time soon?

• Thumbs Up 1

I'M HERE!

TSS.jpg

I shall say here what I said on AAUK's forum.

"I made an entry in my diary when I heard the news... it simply reads... Bugger.

Well now. So many long faces, so many upset people... But... This dear friends is not the end of a great tale, oh my no, no, no, no. Merely the start of a new chapter.

*Puts on some inspirational music*

For those people who are saddened, or who are convinced that it'll never be the same again, to them I say, I have full confidence in the abilities of those behind the scenes working away attempting to find a new host, and to generate new content, and to restore what was once and what will be again. Those who are doing their duty to support their friends in their time of need, those who are offering words of support, these are the days when these faceless and untouchable friendships prove what they are really made of. Those who live thousands of miles apart, those whose only contact is by there mere words of which we type, those who only know Sonic fan 27 as Sonic fan 27 will show themselves as the kind of person that they really are.

We shall ride this storm as we have done previously, we shall endeavour to build on what has been lost, and strengthen what has always been. We shall work and strive for the best, we shall give our best, and we shall expect the best.

As we should tell those doubters out there in the dark, those who take pleasure in the disappointment, that TSS 'it's just too hardcore for host providers.' When the dust settles and we re-group as we have done always, we shall continue doing what we all love doing the most... having a jolly good moan at something... well the bulk of the users are British Sonic fans after all, and I, like many a British Sonic fan, are never truly happy, unless I'm moaning about something.

As for now. Urm... Cookie? *offers plate*"

Today...

Good news! SSMB is back, and it looks like lots of very very old members are returning too despite the fact that their postcounts are now zero! OHHHH CALAMITY! I was so close to 7k posts! BWARGH! ALAS! Since I met the Queen in Hull today I don't really mind!

And if it may help the cause, I may have a few old TSS articles saved onto my computer that I happened to like, they're mainly ones that I wrote, but if you need them for extra content. Feel free to ask for them.

Oh! And theres just time to suggest that when TSS gets back on the horse, here is a quick banner I made for the occasion... call it a welcome back gift.

banner.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

It's really sad about whats happened, but now hopefully the site can become better :) smiles for the future :lol:

• Thumbs Up 1

Hmm, a silver lining for me. The forum wipe got rid of that pesky email settings problem I've been having, and now I've got my old username back.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yay i'm glad the site's back! It wouldn't load for me last night but didn't really think much of it.

I know I haven't been here that long but I do love this forum and from the taster i've had i'm pretty certain that the community will hold together and help this rebuild. :)

Best of luck guys!

• Thumbs Up 1

"I made an entry in my diary when I heard the news... it simply reads... Bugger.

Someone's been watching too much Blackadder haven't they?...

...BEEEAAH!

• Thumbs Up 1

Someone's been watching too much Blackadder haven't they?...

...BEEEAAH!

Yes! But the Americans don't know what that is so shhhhh!

And good news! Someone has already given me the lowest rating possible! BASTARDS! *shakes fist*

Edited by Casanova
  • Thumbs Up 1

And good news! Someone has already given me the lowest rating possible! BASTRDS! *shakes fist*

I've upped it a bit for you with a 5 star rating for your humour :lol:

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm b a - - - ck! Did ja' miss me? No? OK then, back to skulking.

Blegh! This is crap! Now I have to redo everything! What a load of...

Well I suppose we're not the ones who have made such big loses. The old SSMB was the good shit, and now I see it was worked on like mad! Cause now I can see how usual ISS boards look like, and, I ain't impressed. I miss the old SSMB. :(

Pessemistic views aside; we must just pass over this hurdle as best as we can. Sure, SSMB may never reach it's former glory, but it's all about how we can just slide over this as smoothly as we possible.

But this is ridiculous! All this work goes down the drain purely because your host providers can't be bothered to wait to get a response? (Thats what happened right? Correct me if i'm wrong) Surely they must see that TSS is a regularly updated site and that if they waited a bit more they would've had a response. I think you should complain, personally. As that what we British do best, innit? :)

Oh well. At least TSS isn't all gone. I suppose one thing you could do is save all stuff everytime an article is made...but then why should you have to? Host providers shouldn't just drop all your stuff suddenly should they.

I suppose I better get back to work on my profile. I think i'll save everything just in case these servers happen to be complete FUCKING SLAGS WHO NEED TO MOVE OUT OF THEIR MUMS HOUSES!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!

Lets move forward, not back. And as a community we shall strive! (melodramatic much?)

• Thumbs Up 1

You're right. We don't. *Goes to look it up on wikipedia*

• Thumbs Up 1

It's weird to think that four years of my life is gone and my huge post count is gone to boot. Goodbye ever being on a top ten list again. Fuuuuck.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow...that really sucks Dread. You put a lot of work into a fantastic community...

But it looks like it's already coming back together pretty nicely! And hell, maybe it'd be nice to start on a fresh slate, with all the drama and stuff from last year. XP

• Thumbs Up 1

It's weird to think that four years of my life is gone and my huge post count is gone to boot. Goodbye ever being on a top ten list again. Fuuuuck.

That's a bit extreme. =P

Anyway, this is a new start for everyone, a catchup for some people to start visiting the forums more when they realise the old one is gone and to backup regularly, because anything can happen.

Edited by Krigo
  • Thumbs Up 1

While it sucks that everything was deleted, it also gives newbies a chance to catch up to the SSMB veterans as far as post counts are concerned. ;)

• Thumbs Up 1

As a lurker, I'm pretty chuffed to have one of the highest post counts now, even if it's incredibly temporary as I'll probably be off lurking again in a week or less.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, Spazoid here, I used this as an opportunity to change names and get a temporary avatar/sig while I work up a new one. I was wondering what was happening to the place, but I never would of guessed they would just flat out terminate the entire database. I know I have no qualms starting over but there was a bunch of good stuff people worked so hard on that won't live onto the new forum, which is honestly going to be missed very much. As for everyone else, your e-pein doesn't ever amount to anything, so get over it.

Ah well, it gives us a chance to reboot and forget the bad things....right? (inb4newSonicgamedrama)

Aww crap. Nevermind. Black Knight released. XD

• Thumbs Up 1

Aw man.. I've been a veteran since 06' and it feels weird not seeing the familliar blue checkers of the forum board. Well time to rack up more posts. Glad ssmb is back though. Kinda sad I lost all my posts though.

• Thumbs Up 1

o_o

I've been here in the early 2000s... arrgh, it feels weird without the board skins and stuff >>"

Oh well, time to start off anew...

And I'm not member number 19 anymore. le sigh.

• Thumbs Up 1