Awoo.

Welcome Back to the SSMB

Dreadknux

I'm also glad alot of the members are rejoining. Just this new board feels so empty with all the whites and greys. I miss my Knucklehead skin... ;3;

Yush, we really do need a great skin or two soon! Don't take my word for it though, just take your time and all. ;3

• Thumbs Up 1

HAHAHAHA! It'll take more than a server wipe to get rid of me, but nice try anyway guys.

I like how this all happened pretty soon after I said to the guys in the Staff0rz section that I was thinking of doing my SSR show again utilising laptopy goodness. Omen?

Maybe.

I wouldn't leave here ever though, I love this place, 'tis my home-from-home in the tubes.

Love,

~SpeedKnux

• Thumbs Up 1

I think a lot of us will feel more at home once we have a skin or two to choose from. I really miss the Sonic skin, myself. But these things will take a little time. Hopefully not too long! Having an =SSMB= banner up top again will really help to cement this place's unique identity once more.

• Thumbs Up 1

Seeing as it's only the third day and Member ID's have already gone to 200+ I've just realised how lucky I was viewing SSMB as soon as it just opened.

Even though ID's do absolutely nothing it's still pretty cool.
Edited by Phil
  • Thumbs Up 1

Do you know what I think SSMB should have, it should have a spam board I mean shout box or whatever you would like to call it.

Why because it's fun to spam sometimes XP lol

• Thumbs Up 1

Good luck to rebuilding =SSMB= back into what it was back in the good old days. I'm sadly not going to retake up my position of staffer, as the developments in my life have sadly led me to feel disenfranchised to the Sonic Community; even now I am doubting whether or not I will come to SoS 2009.

Even though my I've been extremely neglecting all of the friends and memories I have garnered from this community, I do hope that I could come back every now and again for a little brush up on sonic going-ons :). Being a member is more than enough satisfaction.

I call dibs on the Violet member group!

Aww, Vio... You were like the 'oldest' staffer or so on the team. It is sad to see you go. You will be missed. I mean, all those moments we had together to look at the best pr0n on the web that only the SSMB staff forum has, and of course which was the 1st priority backup action, which is why we still have most of that. I mean, that's the one single thing that a SSMB staffer will miss when leaving the team.

Glad to see that you, too, rejoined here though. Hope to still see you here as a member every once in a while. Okay? :)

I am also quite happy to see how quickly everyone are rejoining and how things seem to become better. I have a good feeling about this.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hooray! I haven't been able to talk about Sonic for almost a whole week!

...Which, actually, was probably for the better, as I've got entries to judge. Meh. :D

• Thumbs Up 1

Do you know what I think SSMB should have, it should have a spam board I mean shout box or whatever you would like to call it.

No.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow, I guess that was why trying to get on the board all those days didn't work.. :T

Wish I could help in any way, but I'm no good with technical stuffs. So I can offer is my support to help this place become something as good, if not better, than what the old =SSMB= used to be.

• Thumbs Up 1

A shoutbox would be heavily abused on here, plus most of the time they kill forum activity. Regardless of how big the SSMB is, it wouldn't work and I'm sure that the staff would agree with what I'm saying.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well you know something's not quite right when members from the last year have smaller member numbers than all the veterans! To be honest is makes me feel like I'm pretty damn awesome. Then again if I was a veteran I'd probably be pretty peeved, so sorry about your awesome numbers guys ^^;

I've never had a low number before though :')

• Thumbs Up 1

Spam forums have been tried before, but people tend to spend all their time there playing forum games and bumping up their post counts, and subsequently the activity in the more discussion-based and relevant forum areas dies out. It works well on some boards, but it's never really gone down well over here. So I doubt it's something we'd be adding any time soon, sorry.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Fluff & Party forum was alive for a while... but then it was noticed that MANY people had over 75% of their posts in that forum. The Fluff had no postcount, but it was still retarded and decreased activity in the main discussion forums.

I want my usergroup back ;_;

• Thumbs Up 1

The forum I frequent turned off post count being added for all Off Topic and Forum Game threads. If that could be implemented on SSMB it's an idea I guess. You do have a point about the activity of other boards being effected though, so it may just be better to leave it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Now I feel like a newbie. Oh noes! But yeah, good luck putting the place back together and stuff. Glad to see that it's even up this much. btw, I joined in 04 or 06, not 09. :)

Edited by Turbohog
  • Thumbs Up 1

Post counts or not the main forum activity could potentially be redirected to there, so much that I'm considering getting rid of my forum's "spam hole".

• Thumbs Up 1

Paying attention to post count as anything other than a literal statistic is pretty stupid anyway. Playing around should be fine as well as it's kept to an outlet and it's done responsibly. And as long as nobody is acting retarded or anything like that.

Not that I'm making suggestions or anything; just stating an opinion.

• Thumbs Up 1

The site dies as soon as I hit 1000 posts? Gay. :(

Also, I see Xash! Hi Xash! :D

What you see is right. What up?

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, I haven't been on here for a while, but Tails0600 told me what happened, so I headed over here as soon as I could. Pretty suckish =/

• Thumbs Up 1

What you see is right. What up?

Oh, not too much. I've been doing the whole Sonic Retro thing, masturbating, going through school--you know, the norm. I'm surprised to see you not banned, though. =P

On a completely unrelated note, I validated your account at Sonic Retro right after you made your validation topic. Because I... really can't think of anything else relevant to say in this thread at this point.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hola, Tails0600 here again! Sucks that you have lost everything, All that work, gone. Hopefully we can bring most, if not all of it, back!

• Thumbs Up 1