MAY 24 UPDATE: The Digital Deluxe Edition is now available for pre-order for $50, ten more than the standard edition.
Those waiting to shake maracas once again... will have a bit longer to wait, as Samba de Amigo: Party Central for Switch has been pushed to an August 29 release with a newly announced Digital Deluxe Edition. Those who go for this edition will get six DLC songs spanning Sonic and SEGA franchises, as well as Sonic and SEGA series costumes for Amigo.
Sonic Music DLC pack:
- Open Your Heart - Sonic Adventure
- Reach for the Stars (Re-Colors) - Sonic Colors: Ultimate
- I'm Here - Sonic Frontiers
SEGA Music DLC pack:
- Bakamitai (Taxi Driver Edition) - Yakuza series
- Go Go Cheer Girl! - Space Channel 5: Part 2
- Rhythm Thief Theme - Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure
- Tails (shown with Eggman maracas)
- Pink Morolian - Space Channel 5
- AiAi - Super Monkey Ball
- Green Puyo hat (shown with Puyo maracas)
While not all of these songs seem like they inherently fit with a bouncy, energetic rhythm game quite as well as Amigo fits inside a costume of a completely different monkey, one of the standouts is "Rhythm Thief Theme," a 3DS gem directed by Shun Nakamura (who also directed the original Samba de Amigo).
It's not yet specified if these packs will be available outside of the Digital Deluxe Edition, and if so, for what price; however, it's likely that physical buyers will get a chance, as SEGA notes that not all items in this pack will hit at the game's launch. At time of writing, SEGA is advertising that pre-orders for the Digital Deluxe Edition are available, but the link on the game's official webpage links to the standard $39.99 edition on the Nintendo eShop.