Sonic Frontiers' final update, The Final Horizon was...divisive, to say the least. Our own Dreadknux wrote a particularly scathing review about it. A new patch, released today, seems to attempt to fix some of the DLC's more egregious issues, at least on easy mode. Check out a full list of the patch's fixes below!
The following fixes are specific to easy mode:
- The level design for the trial towers has been changed.
- The trials of the 4 Koco masters have been made easier, and Sonic's attack power has been adjusted.
- King Koco's trial has been made easier. You start with 600 rings instead of 400 and the titans have been made weaker. Sonic's perfect parry now lasts much longer. We've also received unconfirmed reports that perfect parry has been made more generous in the other difficulty modes. This is not mentioned in the patch notes, and I can't tell.
The following apply to all difficulties:
- Pink panels will now respawn after a certain amount of time or distance. This will be a big help for the second trial tower.
- When Amy, Tails and Knuckles are leveled up, the attack and defense parameters of certain techniques will be increased.
- Amy, Tails and Knuckles perfect parry is now more generous, and much more generous in easy mode.
- Cyberspace changes will reset your time if you die without hitting a checkpoint.
- The patch notes mention other bug fixes. The only one specifically mentioned is a glitch that caused audio to not play during sub-events.
- Knuckles glide now has no wind up animation and can turn much tighter. Knuckles' glide is significantly better now, and much closer to his Adventure era maneuverability.
There is currently no English patch notes, but you can find a Google translated version of the Japanese patch notes here. Morio Kishimoto said in a tweet that this patch originally began so that they could fix one bug a customer contacted them about. But they couldn't "just stop there," so he and a small team ended up, in his words, "overdoing it," making this whole patch as an early Christmas present.
As you can see, we posted some videos showcasing the changes. We're currently busy with Sonic Dream Team coverage, but if we have time we'll post some more footage of the patch to our Youtube.
Sonic Frontiers Patch 1.41 is available now on all platforms!