Awoo.

The SSMB Banner Thread

Roarey Raccoon

Just going to drop this w.i.p here because I did say I would do a banner, my last one was SA2 themed, but this one is more themed around all the different forms Sonic has gone through in the games, I'm going to add Sonic Boom! Sonic after Excalibur Sonic as a sort of, current events sort deal.

sBi06ZZ.png
  • Thumbs Up 4

I was actually pondering replacing that eyesore banner of mine with a Boom-themed one, but I see was I beaten to it by the Eleventh Doctor. :P

Fantastic WIP, Super Soniko!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really digging the look! The style reminds me of Ed, Edd and Eddy, actually. XD

Can these 2 please be taken down? I'm just constantly improving and some of my previous stuff just kinda irks me ^^;

And with that note, can I make another one in its place? I hate to just constantly make these, so I thought I'd ask first.

I'll be kind of sad to see the Sonic/Zavok one go! Always liked how you have Sonic being all casual and Zavok just looks really irritated by him. It's exactly how I'd imagine Sonic and any villain to really be in a scene together.

I look forward to whatever your replacement banner will be, though! biggrin.png

Can these 2 please be taken down? I'm just constantly improving and some of my previous stuff just kinda irks me ^^;

And with that note, can I make another one in its place? I hate to just constantly make these, so I thought I'd ask first.

I understand your decision. though I wish you'd reconsider. There can never be too much Zavok in the world right?

In all seriousness, I did enjoy these two banners quite a bit. I'll miss them, but new content sounds pretty rad. Let's see how much you've improved.

Don't worry; Zavok's still gonna make an appearance on the next banner. c:

So is casual Sonic.

• 1 month later...

I did! I finally did it! I made a new banner that's way better than my old one. It took me 5 days but it's finally here. Okay so in before "Oh gawd what happened to Eggman?!" comments. This is what happens when I don't use reference art. :V But anyway, I thought we needed more Eggman themed banners in here so there ya go. I tried making the background have an Eggmanland sort of feel. I think I did well enough. 

ngeWESD.png

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

I did! I finally did it! I made a new banner that's way better than my old one. It took me 5 days but it's finally here. Okay so in before "Oh gawd what happened to Eggman?!" comments. This is what happens when I don't use reference art. :V But anyway, I thought we needed more Eggman themed banners in here so there ya go. I tried making the background have an Eggmanland sort of feel. I think I did well enough. 

ngeWESD.png

Hey, this is pretty great for non - referenced work! The first thing that came to mind for me was Tornado Defense Act 2 with the background.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm...

2yx3whh.png

I'm thinking I should put something else instead of "Welcome to..." in that corner. I can't think of what, though. Any ideas?

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

Still working on it, but I seek advice.

O2Of88B.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

• 8 months later...

For the time being, this ongoing project will have to be put on hold due to the potential changes in the near future. Thanks for all of the submissions and this will return in some form once we have the new IB4 layout finalized. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• The topic was unpinned