Awoo.

The SSMB Banner Thread

Roarey Raccoon

519173d0-f07c-4ec1-bf2f-0482bd18ea08_zps

BAM! Finished! This was really fun to make. I made sure to work as hard as I could. I feel like doing this more often. happy.png

Is not a PNG :( plz

Is not a PNG sad.png plz

Oooooh. Really? I thought it was. Welp, time to change the format.

Edit: Okay here's the actual format needed. Sorry for the little mess up. laugh.png

Edit 2: I fixed it up a little. I noticed there was empty spots in the banner.

OhuvDyN.png

Edited by AcidGamer

^ That doesn't look like it's the right size for the header.  Hilarious though lol, good one.

It is. 200 X 700-1000 pixels right? Of course I don't know what that damn auto sizer did if it's not.

Okay in good news I'm finally getting around to finishing the remake of my current banner because the current one in circulation hurts my eyes. This is a rough sketch of it and I'll have a flat colored version available sometime soon to replace my current one. smile.png

now have i improved in banner making or what

I am really liking how aloof Sonic's expression is and how much Zavok's eyes are screaming bloody murder. The Zavok Stadium shall soon be a reality.

Fuck yeah...

I am definitely liking this one. It's simple and yet beautiful. True perfection is not where there is nothing left to add, but nothing left to take away.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

Why thank you very much, Ogilvie. I actually find my own drawings uninteresting and lackluster, mainly due to the fact I draw them and I see everything as it happens, so while the end result may be satisfactory, it's not overpleasing. Thank you for giving me this confidence boost!

I was becoming increasingly unsatisfied with my old banner, so I made a new one for the next time they change. See if you like it:

LDsntDb.png

It's...beautiful, to say the least. Congratulations, Doc.

RlA7TN6.png

Well fixed it...aaand it doesn't look as good at all.

>Knuckles with fingers

laugh.png

I'm interested in making one, i draw good enough. Unfortunately til i get a printer with a scanner on it, I'd have to draw using MS Paint, which will mess up my drawing skills.

Okay, i finished my MS Paint drawing ( dry.png i know, it sucks that I have to draw on Paint cause i don't have a scanner yet for my actual paper drawings haha). But I have a problem. When i changed the dimensions to the 200x700 it looks squished. So here's the original:

qs8d.png

And here's the banner after i set it to the required dimensions:

18yb.png

Is there any way I can not make it look so squished? Or did I just fuck up and I have to start over?

Edited by SonicAaliyahFan

What I normally do is set a file to the banner size then resize both dimensions by the same amount. I then work on the larger canvas, do all the nice touches, then resize it back down to the size specified for the banner. It's really the best way to avoid the image getting squished in some manner.

What I normally do is set a file to the banner size then resize both dimensions by the same amount. I then work on the larger canvas, do all the nice touches, then resize it back down to the size specified for the banner. It's really the best way to avoid the image getting squished in some manner.

Okay, thanks. In fact, thanks to you, I think I have an idea to fix it without getting rid of all it. You'll see, hopefully it'll be fixed tonight. Damn, i really wish I can afford a scan printer right now, it'd make it look a whole lot better if i drew it by pencil

EDIT:

Okay, here's the revised one. I put some more little drawings into, like the Chaos Emeralds, rings and the Sonic 1-ups, just so I didn't have to stretch the main drawing (Sonic/Tails). So what I did was resize the main drawing to 39% and then added and fit it in the middle of the banner. And i tried to write my signature on the upper right, but even that looks messed up haha, it's hard writing with a mousepad. So, tell me what you think, and if it's good enough to be a TSS banner. It's the best I can do for now, til I get a scanner. Then the REAL artwork will happen LOL. Thanks

75ot.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img812/7755/75ot.png

Edited by SonicAaliyahFan
  • Thumbs Up 1