Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

I think this was done on purpose...SEGA knows that we have hackers lined up to tear apart anything they give us. I think this is all just part of the plan.

Sonic 4's was worse by far. Are you kidding? We still don't know what half of the stuff in this leak even means (Vs. Cream? Wut?). In Sonic 4's case it was like "Come here and download the entire game! Yeah!"

So. The inevitable question.

Which massive leak do you guys think was worse? This, or Sonic 4's?

If I remember correctly, Sonic 4's was PartnerNet's fault, or something like that, and this one is Sega's alone, though I think 4 had everything leaked.

Generations by a Far. We have TONS more info than 4, and thats basically all that needs to be said.

We have a couple of textures and models, some screenshots and a level list. We had videos of all of Sonic 4; I'd definitely call that a bigger deal.

...the Generations leak probably included more actual content, though. Hurr hurr.

I just noticed this will be the first time we see Espio and Charmy on the HD consoles.. I'm honestly really curious to see Charmy. I'd like them to do his.. err fur? Do bees have fur or hair? :mellow: Anyway I hope they make it visible like Conker, Fox etc..

as big as sonic 4 leak was this was intentional

way too much info on this game in there, hell i'd say this was the real surprise, not the demo

now now big's gameplay was something of revolutionary as it made everyone who played adventure wonder at some point

"wtf is fishing doing in a sonic game?"

Yeah I remember that. I also remember facepalming in union with several Sonic fans around the globe.

I think this was done on purpose...SEGA knows that we have hackers lined up to tear apart anything they give us. I think this is all just part of the plan.

Their plan of what? Even if they did it on purpose then it's still pretty silly of them to hide massive spoilers of the entire game in the demo if they've know that hackers is going to do this. They should've made a fake list and fake content just to troll the hackers and the fanbase. :lol:

Edited by sonfan1984

If I remember correctly, Sonic 4's was PartnerNet's fault, or something like that, and this one is Sega's alone, though I think 4 had everything leaked.

Sonic 4: Episode 1's, no contest.

Generations has had a ton of content released, but unlike SG HD, Sonic 4: Episode 1 was seen in actual sequence from beginning to end. We still don't know quite a few details from Generations, from the plot to order to how the missions or boss battles are handled. SG's level layouts also aren't totally revealed.

Their plan of what? Even if they did it on purpose then it's still pretty silly of them to hide massive spoilers of the entire game in the demo unless the whole thing is fake.

I dunno...I feel a lot more hyped up about the game now than I did before, and it looks like a lot of people in the topic feel similar...

Another i hope gets Perfected is Super Sonic. He just seemed a bit empty, BUT STILL AWESOME, in SonicColors.

Some small updates I'm hoping for---

•SHINE. YOU CANT HAVE SUPER SONIC WITHOUT A GLOSSY SHINE, like in Sonic 06. His model was very nice, and was just... SHINY!!

•A flying Idle.

•Sparkles for Classic.

•Keep the Unlimited Boost.

•Try to make him faster, if it's possible.

•Easy to controll.

•AND A YELLOW BOOSTING AURA FTW!!

Theres probably more that I'm missing.

• Thumbs Up 1

If you pretend the stages are Pokemon you understand the repetitive tropes.

Green Hill, Green/Legendary.

Chemical Plant, Highway/Industrial.

Sky Sanctuary, Ruins/Green/Sky.

Speed Highway, Highway/City.

City Escape, City/Green.

Seaside Hill, Green/Water.

Crisis City, City/Fire.

Rooftop Run, City/Green.

Planet Wisp, Green/Space.

Anyways I like the list but I feel a lack of progression. Where is the epic final level?

Unless they really play up the time monster thing into the levels.

Also I hope those hold hands controls, spring launch, and partner attack are Chaotix style controls!

They seem to be getting really creative with the classic makes of modern levels.

The PartnerNet leak was more brutal in that Sega got unnecessarily crucified for it as a symptom of the overall rage that game caused. Plus, we had actual video footage of the entire thing. This leak won't come with that type of backlash, just a few ribs at Sega's incompetency. Also, the marketing won't suffer too much considering we still have no idea how the rest of the game will look or play.

So yeah, PartnerNet leak was worse.

• Thumbs Up 1

If you pretend the stages are Pokemon you understand the repetitive tropes.

Green Hill, Green/Legendary.

Chemical Plant, Highway/Industrial.

Sky Sanctuary, Ruins/Green/Sky.

Speed Highway, Highway/City.

City Escape, City/Green.

Seaside Hill, Green/Water.

Crisis City, City/Fire.

Rooftop Run, City/Green.

Planet Wisp, Green/Space.

Anyways I like the list but I feel a lack of progression. Where is the epic final level?

Unless they really play up the time monster thing into the levels.

Also I hope those hold hands controls, spring launch, and partner attack are Chaotix style controls!

They seem to be getting really creative with the classic makes of modern levels.

I'm going to go ahead and assume "Genesis" will be the final level.

Holy crap I did it, I read every single page.....took a lot less time than I thought.

I'm going to go ahead and assume "Genesis" will be the final level.

I guess. Even before you get to the last level though, you feel progression. Metropolis, Hidden Palace, Lost World, the ARK. Especially in Sonic games, you go from tropical to gray metal in the course of a few levels. I wonder how this game will do that, or if it'll fall flat like Heroes' story.

Holy crap I did it, I read every single page.....took a lot less time than I thought.

Back of the fucking line dude. I already finished reading all the posts in this topic before I made my first post here.

No, but seriously, it doesn't take that long to read all that unless people start making CSS-level posts. :D

• Thumbs Up 1

I guess. Even before you get to the last level though, you feel progression. Metropolis, Hidden Palace, Lost World, the ARK. Especially in Sonic games, you go from tropical to gray metal in the course of a few levels. I wonder how this game will do that, or if it'll fall flat like Heroes' story.

The second-to-last zone of Sonic Unleashed was Adabat (Jungle Joyride).

Well, quite a few posts were just Michael Jackson eating popcorn.

Ah, woops. Overlooked the progression part and only read the "Where's the epic final level?" part.

Yeah, I agree with you then.

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Back of the fucking line dude. I already finished reading all the posts in this topic before I made my first post here.

No, but seriously, it doesn't take that long to read all that unless people start making CSS-level posts. :D

Good thing I tend to avoid those.

yeah, I'm not that miffed about the list, because I knew it was going to piss some people off, I'm more interested in the boss fights, how are going to fight the Egg dragoon or Perfect Chaos, I wonder. Also Silver's a boss fight.....ITS NO USE.

How very...sega forums it's become in here. I've seen nothing here that warrants me to throw a massive bitchfest. Ocean Palace is not a rehash of GHZ from what i've seen in those screenshots, SKY SANTUARY, and I got my crisis city. People are acting like this game will suck just because of level selections? This is why I always try to keep my sanity over everything that is blue and hedgehog. Happy birthday Sonic :/

• Thumbs Up 1

WAIT. THERE IS ONE THING THAT COULD RUIN THIS GAME.........There's no sign of BIG. ;w;

Have you read the post about the interview with whomever and big was spotted in the City Escape stage whilst running from the truck. Like in the original SA2.