Awoo.

HAPPY 20TH BIRTHDAY!

leemour84

Happy Birthday Sonic the Hedgehog!!!!!

You were the first video game character that I'd ever played and you will always have a special place in my heart.

Though, I never finished "Sonic Pinball", I still thought you were awesome! I played the Sonic Adventure 2 demo at Toy R's Us 9 years ago, and I still remember like it was yesterday. Running from the GUN truck was freaking awesome and it still is.

I hope to see another 20 years of you kicking butt and taking names! You freakin' fast blue hedgehog!

Sonic Fan forever!!!! :D

IDK what to do for this thing's birthday. I don't really want to play your older games again right now, XD. Though, I think the best way to go is listening through a bunch of soundtracks and playing the Generations demo 4375894 times over when it lands on the PSN.

Mwee hee, who's celebrating an anniversary today? True blue is! Happy Birthday So--

*Communicator bleeps*

Huh? What's that? Crash 2010-looking game spotted amongst a presentation of future apps to be released? I'll be right over.

Sorry Sonic, gotta investigate this as a priority, I'll wish you full birthday cheers later. :)

Happy Birthday my good old 'blue' friend, Sonic! :)

I still can't believe Sonic is actually 20. The years go by so fast, just unbelievable...

I'll never forget the childhood, where I played Sonic 1 on my Sega Mega Drive in the year 1991 and the years after Sonic 1...

Unforgotten and great memories :)

20070623sonic16th.jpg

Edited by montrey

20 years down the road and the Blue dude still has me waiting with anticipation to boot up Green Hill Zone. (gotta love Sega).

Happy birthday to the whole franchise. I couldn't imagine life without it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Happy birthday, Sonic the hedgehog! Thank you for all great moments and thank you that you were with me during these years! Rock on!

Happy birthday Shadow, Rouge and Eggman too!

The BBC has a page about the 20th Anniversary: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-13874266

When I was playing the games on my MegaDrive II (which is still on duty here), I played and completed Sonic 1 and 2 on the Sonic Compilation cart on an old black and white portable TV my parents had lying around. I distinctly remember looking at the back of the game box on the Christmas Day I got it, I think it was Christmas '94 or '95, and marveling at the bright, vibrant colours in the little screenshot boxes. Awesome times.

Oh Sonic. All those unforgettable moments that you and your series have brought me. A handful of the greatest ones:

In 1994, you gave me a new favorite cartoon in The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, and inspired me and my friends to countless hours of playtime where we pretended to be you and your crew. Soon after, a playthrough at a friends house of you'r hit game Sonic the Hedgehog 2 sparked my video game interest and started my never-fading passion for the medium. I even wrote a song about you that i remember to this day.

In 1996, your great game Sonic CD became the first "big kid" (action) game i ever owned (as opposed to the silly little digital puzzle games i had to try and amuse myself with prior).

In 1999, the newly released Sonic Adventure blew my mind with the best graphics and most exciting story i had ever experienced in a game up to that point. (Also, the bare midriff of that sexy female echidna known as Tikal managed to stir up adolescent feelings in me that very few real-life females had managed to at that point.)

In 2003, after a few (shameful) years of neglecting you, a re-play of the two Adventure-games and the mega Drive classics brought my love for you back full swing, a love that has never faded since. From this point on, i bought every game with your name on it providing i had the console it was on, and i have without the shadow of a doubt spent more time thinking about you and your world during these past eight years than that of any other franchise.

Thank's for the memories Sonic, thank's for everything bro.

Oh and in case anyone hasn't seen it yet, you got to watch gametap's fantastic retrospective of Sonic on a day like this. Especially part 3 of the thing, where they emphasize his amazing success and popularity (and how he totally owned Mickey Mouse one time :P)

The site wont let me upload the whole thing, but you can of course find it all on youtube, but here is the first part anyway:

Edited by batson

Happy birthday Sonic!!! You were, are, and always will be the fastest thing alive and way past cool! :)

Man, 20 years. I feel old for some reason. Hold me, SSMB.

time_for_caek_by_kcg-d3jr9ru.png

Oh, and of course I'm totally happy about today! <3

Happy 20th Birthday, Sonic! Thank you for introducing me to the wide world of video games and making me into the gamer I am today! <3

I'll never forget the day I first played Sonic the Hedgehog. The amazing, graphics, blistering speed, and that Silver character was just amazing! And to think it's already 5 years since...

Oh wait, wrong anniversary... for that matter, I've never even played Sonic '06.

Alas, I can't really give a great memory of the first time I played a Sonic game, because I can't remember a time when I wasn't a Sonic fan. And while I've still never truly beaten the first two games (EDIT: Scratch that, just beat Sonic 2... though I still didn't have all the emeralds), that was probably because I spent most of my timing replaying Sonic 3 & Knuckles. What can I say, I'm a Knuckles fanboy.

Still, here's to you Sonic. Happy Birthday.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have some games to play.

Edited by Ekajra

Had great fun celebrating today. Played the classic games and finished those, played the best of the modern games and played the hell out of the Sonic Generations demo.

Happy 20th Birthday Sonic! I would never of been the gamer I am now if I never had Sonic 2 as my first game. Here's to your 20th and many more years to come. :)

Happy b-day Sonic! It has been an awesome 20 years. I remember playing Sonic when he was new. I can't believe it has been 20 years.