Awoo.

Sonic being mute

Gaming Misfit

All of which are spin-offs, not main series installments meant to best represent the franchise.

Which has nothing to do with my point...although, I'm not even sure what you're supposed to be getting at in this particular topic.

My point is that in the 90's there were more crappy "spin-off" Sonic games that used the Classic Sonic design then there were mainstream Sonic games. Yet fans still have this fantasy image of Classic Sonic being this symbol of all that's good for the series.

Sega didn't care about what kind of games that they put Sonic in. It's weird that now they are being protective of the Classic Sonic design.

My point is that in the 90's there were more crappy "spin-off" Sonic games that used the Classic Sonic design then there were mainstream Sonic games. Yet fans still have this fantasy image of Classic Sonic being this symbol of all that's good for the series.

Sega didn't care about what kind of games that they put Sonic in. It's weird that now they are being protective of the Classic Sonic design.

.....Sonic 1-3&K, AKA Sonic's golden years/

While I don't deny that the classic design is overly worshiped, and there are a lot of shitty games with the classic design, there's a big difference between having some mediocre-to-crap spinoffs and great main series games compared to having mediocre-to-crap everything.

So anyway... do we have any ideas on how to justify Classic Sonic (and the other classic versions of the characters) not speaking from an in-universe point of view? Come on people, we're Sonic fans, we should know how to fan-wank.

So anyway... do we have any ideas on how to justify Classic Sonic (and the other classic versions of the characters) not speaking from an in-universe point of view? Come on people, we're Sonic fans, we should know how to fan-wank.

Can't imagine there's any possible reason. It'd be like finding an in-universe reason for M.Sonic having green eyes.

• Thumbs Up 1

Can't imagine there's any possible reason. It'd be like finding an in-universe reason for M.Sonic having green eyes.

Yeah, i know. I was just curious to see what people could come up with. tongue.gif

Depends on what one’s perception of “cool” is. At the root of it, the only difference I see between the two designs is the presence of irony.

Classic Sonic is remembered as a small, pudgy, animal who was able to accomplish great things.

Modern Sonic is remembered as a “tall”, physically fit, multi-talented, shonen character, who was able to accomplish great things.

Sonic and Classic Sonic had a drunk-bet one night.

If people liked Sonic 4 more than Colors, Modern Sonic would be quiet for the whole (secret at the time) game that the two would appear in together.

If people liked Colors more than Sonic 4, Classic Sonic would be quiet in said game.

Guess who lost the bet?

• Thumbs Up 4

Given the way Shadow sounds now, maybe it's best that Chubby Sonic stays mute.

Though I expect him to have at least one line, possibly in the final cutscene of the game.

Given the way Shadow sounds now, maybe it's best that Chubby Sonic stays mute.

Huh? What do they have to do with each other?