Awoo.

Saddest Death/Ending

King Frosty

[media=]

Another rebump, let's see what other sad moments we can share on here.

Let me just say that as a kid, I was crying with my mom at this scene. It's INCREDIBLY RARE to see Peanuts do anything sad, and a disease like Leukemia on it, it was gut retching.

• Thumbs Up 2

If there was one thing that made me bawl excessively in terms of sadness in a work of fiction...

[One Piece spoilers ahoy if you haven't gotten to the Whitebeard and Marines bit]

The deaths of Portgas D. Ace and Bon Clay.

The overall tone of One Piece is usually merry, and even after the storm, things usually worked out since the Straw Hats always stood up on top. This was a manga/anime series that was usually optimistic in a typically dystopian/unlawful setting involving pirates, nobles and what not.

From the moment the Straw Hat Pirates were separated on Sabaody, things started to get tense, as any work of fiction involving action and adventure would do.

But the entire ride... Luffy on Kuja Island was hilarious. Then we got to Impel Down, where Luffy literally fought for his life. He broke into the most heavily fortified prison in the world that lied in the middle of a Calm Line [which isn't all that calm], each floor in there being a greater hell the lower it got (also a nice play on Dante's Inferno). He was ready to give his own life to defeat Magellan, Impel Down's Warden who was literally a mass of poison from head to toe, with zero antidotes against them because they're insanely powerful. When Luffy said that he would give up his arms in fighting him in order to rescue his brother, and struck him with a Gomu Gomu no Jet Bazooka, it was practically the end of sunshine in the series for a good while.

When Luffy was healed and got to the bottom Hell, Ace was already being taken to Marineford to be executed. The countdown throughout the entire Impel Down arc was nerve wracking.

What brought me to tears here... was Bon Clay.

BonClay_Mr_2_Wallpaper_by_SirCrocodile.jpg

As a character, he was goofy, idiotic, wild, crazy, almost a crossdresser, an Okama. But I honestly liked the guy, how he valued friendship over anything. His own being as well. He helped Luffy through Impel Down and nearly got himself killed in the bitter cold while being bitten on by wolves, looking for the poison-drenched Straw Hat Captain.

Using his own transformation abilities to imitate Magellan, he allowed Luffy and the massive number of escapees while he stayed behind and faced the Warden himself, his last line "I have no regrets".

Needless to say, I was crying "BON-CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!" along with the rest of the characters. At least through tears.

Then finally, we reach Marineford. The battle was practically all over the place and lasted quite a few chapters. Plenty of highs, plenty of lows, but what we were all looking forward to was Ace being freed.

It happened, everyone was celebrating the fact, and the battle started to turn in their favour before they decide to get the hell out, their objective complete.

Then Admiral Akainu was about to strike Luffy while he was down.

Only for it to result to this.

719px-AceTakeABlowforLuffy.jpg

Luffy, who literally went through Hell to save his own brother, actually lost. To him, he had failed his goal.

To him, he failed to save his brother.

719px-The_Loss_of_Ace.jpg

With that, his mind snapped, and all he could do was yell and cry. And that was just too much for me to handle.

The nail in the coffin was Whitebeard's death.

I take back half of what I said here. Again, spoilers ahoy.

BON CLAY IS ALIVE!! ;A; YESYESYES!!

I take back half of what I said here.

BON CLAY IS ALIVE!! ;A; YESYESYES!!

DUDE, AS GREAT AND AWESOME AND TEAR JERKING AS THAT IS, IT'S SPOILERS MANG. ;A;

And another thing I'd like to add.....is almost every DAMN THING HANS CHRISTIAN ANDERSEN HAS EVER WROTE.

EVEN THE LITTLE MATCH GIRL WHICH I POSTED MONTHS AGO. This man......gets you full of tears. ;A;

ALSO DAMN YOU NO QUOTA POSITIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Chris Redfield
  • Thumbs Up 1

DUDE, AS GREAT AND AWESOME AND TEAR JERKING AS THAT IS, IT'S SPOILERS MANG. ;A;

I THOUGHT YOU KNEW THIS ALREADY, MAN ;A; BUT SCREW IT, IT'S GOOD NEWS AND I'M HAPPY

Anyway, on-topic, I found myself crying at Toy Story 3's ending the other day. Damn do I miss being a kid...

• Thumbs Up 1

I THOUGHT YOU KNEW THIS ALREADY, MAN ;A; BUT SCREW IT, IT'S GOOD NEWS AND I'M HAPPY

Anyway, on-topic, I found myself crying at Toy Story 3's ending the other day. Damn do I miss being a kid...

Oh I did, but other people here don't know that probably. BUT IT'S STILL HAPPY AND GREAT ;3;

And ANOTHER EXAMPLE, is Romeo and Juilet.

.....Star Crossed Love, why must you always have to not happen. ;w;

• Thumbs Up 1

Marley & Me. Honestly, it takes quite a bit for a death to leave an impression on me, but good god, my eyes were shooting torrents at the end of that movie.

You want a sad ending?

You want a fucking sad ending?

Okami.

F-you, I came into this thread specifically to post about that ending. /jk

To this day I can't properly describe why I teared up during the game's finale, something about the ClapYourHandsIfYouBelieve comeback, Issun's awesome speech and the fact that knew the most amazing gaming experience I ever had was coming to an end with no hope of a legit sequel. I still can't listen to "

or "Reset" without tearing up, even Ammy's theme in MvC3 can get me emotional if I don't focus on the action.
  • Thumbs Up 1

The ending to A.I. is probably one of the most gut wrenchingly depressing things I've ever seen, as if the rest of the movie wasn't depressing enough.

Still, probably my favorite movie of all time though.

Edited by StarwaveImpulse

Because relevant to topic at hand and it might make you remember some sad plugged-up memory.

• Thumbs Up 1

Persona 4.

Bad ending.

One person dies and another person leaves the group to go on his own after suffering identity issues.

My reaction when the credits rolled? I just felt... empty. Hollow. It was weird.

I also think the death of the Joker in Arkham City is pretty sad too. I mean sure he was a remorseless psychopath and he definitely had it coming but it was surprisingly depressing when finally died. It becomes even worse when you realize that Arkham City is the last time Mark Hamill will voice the Joker.

The two endings that have fucked me up the most in cinema are American History X (I was shouting in disbelief and horror at the screen) and Forrest Gump, which had me crying so hard I actually became ill for a week, haha.

*reads the whole thread...*

I have to say that I'm surprised no one mentioned the beginning of Finding Nemo. I remember back in 2003 I took my little brother to see the movie at the theatre, and when the barracuda attacked Nemo's parents Marlin and Coral and swallowed up his mother and brothers and sisters in their eggs, I was brought to tears. My brother looked at me like I was crazy sitting there crying, but that scene really both disturbed and saddened me.

I know it wasn't real but that just shocked me to see something so horrifying with multiple deaths like that. I know Disney often has death in their movies,and I know animals (sea creatures included) need to eat, but this seemed extreme to me, especially with more than one character dying defenseless. And could you imagine what must of going through Marlin's mind after regaining consciousness after the attack to learn that his wife and all but one of his children were being killed by being eaten?! What a sobering and sad thought! sad.png

• Thumbs Up 6

Toy story 3,A.I and Plaque Dogs definitely make me shed tears.Also anyone know about the StarFox Command endings?.man..

Persona 4.

Bad ending.

One person dies and another person leaves the group to go on his own after suffering identity issues.

My reaction when the credits rolled? I just felt... empty. Hollow. It was weird.

Don't remind me QAQ

The True End for Persona 4...although it's happy, it still made me cry so hard....I guess it's better than P3's True End though

Toy story 3's ending hit me hard...I graduated that year too;

I'm glad that I still keep my plushies ;A;

Mawaru Penguindrum's ending was depressing as hell. I couldn't watch anything for a while because of that damn troll ending.

After 6 months of watching...the ending was just...WHY!! It's an amazing series but the ending just...sad.png

Fucking Land Before Time with Littlefoot's mom.

I usually have to leave the room since it gets me so bad. The scene itself actually isn't that bad compared to other things, but I have personal attachments and experiences that run deep with it, so usually just watching it again leaves me depressed rest of the day.

Mufasa is pretty bad too, I tend to baw like a baby every time still XD.

All in all though, it seems the difference of making me cry or not in a key death scene in a movie or game, it's the music. If it's just right on a note, I'll cry like there's no tomorrow LOL. For any recent examples, Kung Fu Panda 2's part where Po reveals the whole truth about his past to himself. That movie wasn't even that great really but it still got to be hard. Stupid Hans Zimmer and John Powell making the music too good, D;

• Thumbs Up 3

The ending of Toy Story 3, not only was it the end of an era but it was also sad that Andy had to move on and leave his toys behind with a new owner/child as he was now grown up, he didn't want to let go of his childhood which made me die inside, he didn't want to grow up and leave his toys behind, it's sad because this also happens in real life too. Mufasa's death in the Lion King was really sad too, my heart dropped when he fell, I haven't seen the Lion King in a while though sad.png DAMMIT I STILL HATE SCAR!angry.png The ending of Marley and Me was pretty sad too, the scenes with Marley's death and his funeral were quite emotional and heart-breaking. Shadow's fall and the ending in Sonic Adventure 2 was quite sad too and the ending for Unleashed when Sonic and Chip seperated as Chip went back to sleep in the earth's core/, I'd really like to see Sonic wear Chip's bracelet at some point in future games. :')

Edited by C.J

Toy Story 3. I bawled. It makes me feel as though I wasted my childhood. It's so sad, knowing that there's no turning back; you grew up and you're not that interested in toys anymore. Sometimes I just want to be a kid again, when times were simpler, you had your own imaginary worlds, and you didn't care about one thing. When I look back I feel as though I almost wasted it, though I know inside I didn't. But it haunts me- I wish I could go back and re-live or change it. Toy Story 3 showed Andy's struggle because he didn't want to grow up. He didn't want to leave the past behind and move on to something new. He didn't want change. I don't want it either. But it's unstoppable.

This definitely hit a note with me. It showed me what I felt.

The ending of the PPG episode Twisted Sister:

*video*

Rest in peace/pieces Bunny.

I just watched this for the first time in year, and now I don't see why I ever found it so sad to begin with. It's a bit shit.