Awoo.

Can you trust micheal bay on TF3 not sucking?

Johnny Boy

Hello, new to the forums. If you guys have been keeping up with your movie news lately, you'd know that Micheal Bay said in various interviews that he knows he screwed up with tf2 and promised that the third and final installment will be better. But here's the big question, Can we trust him? After all, a few months before the second film came out he said that ROTF was going to be bigger and more epic than the first. And we all know how well that went don't we? Personally, I'll save my judgement until the film comes out. What about you? Can you trust Mr. Bays claims that TF3 won't suck? And will you go see the film when it comes out?

I'm sorry but.... WHAT!?!

May I ask for a source for this? This sounds kind of fishy. :P

Edit: Fucking derp moment. 9 hours later I realized its Transformers 3 and not Team Fortress 3. So much derp~! D:

Edited by Crow the BOOLET
  • Thumbs Up 1

I trust it wont suck as much as Transformers 2.

And you'd have to try hard to suck more than that.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can always trust in Micheal Bay...

To deliver explosions (or "Baysplosions" if you will), hot women, helicopters flying off into sunsent, product placement, atrocious dialogue, and third grade humor that's both offensive to minorities and unfunny.

Bay is a hack. I don't like any of his movies, and I have zero faith in TF3.

The guy is just Uwe Boll with more money, and an Ego the size of the Death Egg.

Edited by Balding Spider
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Well it looks pretty promising so far. I've bought the movie adaptation and the novel and needless to say it looks like it's shaping up to be a good movie. But still I'll save my final judgement until the film comes out

Team Fortress 3?

Oh wait, Transformers. Ok.

Give black bot an afro and I'll be pleased.

Edited by Jayhawker30
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm not the only one who thought the second Transformers movie sucked? Everyone I know around in my area loved it.

2 hours of huge robots fighting. It's not gonna suck. Grab a sixpack and enjoy the movie.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours of huge robots fighting. It's not gonna suck. Grab a sixpack and enjoy the movie.

Sorry, but I can't enjoy such things when there's so much cringe worthy lines and stupid plot points.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I'm not the only one who thought the second Transformers movie sucked? Everyone I know around in my area loved it.

Transformers 2 was widely panned.

Oh no, no, no, no. You are not alone there.

Transformers 2 was widely panned.

I think a lot of Bay movies get panned by the critics, but Transformers 2 did well at the box office and I suppose that's all that really matters to the film studios. If you want explosions and adrenaline watch a Bay movie. Transformers 2 was everything a sequel should be, if there was any problem with the sequel it was down to the shallow nature of the source material, after all it was a film based an a children's cartoon. All things considering I think Bay did quite well to produce something aimed at adults that was based an a cartoon with very little plot to begin with.

Still what do I know, I like films by director Paul W.S. Anderson.

Transformers is a poorly written movie and absolutely cliché. The reason why it does so well in the Box Office is because of its eye-candy, or beautiful visuals. Nothing more.

Why should a guy like Michael Bay should worry about a good story and actors, if people end up buying tickets for a movie that looks amazing?

Edited by Tatsumaki

Oh no, no, no, no. You are not alone there.

Same here. Seriously robots with balls? Wtf? Not to mention that the movie introduced two of the most irritating characters in cinema history. Thankfully an early review confirmed the twins aren't in this movie so that gets my hopes up. Also...

In the movie adaptation the twins get killed by sentinel prime. I would've wanted them in the film just to see that! Lol

I liked the bit in Revenge where the filipino guy tasered his own nuts, classic.

Big fat black guy steals the show in the first movie with the classic line “Get off the carpet. Grandma don’t like no police on her carpet.” If the third movie has big fat black guy in it then I’m defiantly going to illegally download that shit from the internet. Going to the cinema is so passé these days.

I loved both the transformers movies. I don't really know why so many people criticize it. Revenge of the Fallen especially was really fun. I can't wait to see the 3rd one. The visual effects to this day still amaze me. It's just so detailed. But it's not just about a bunch of robots fighting. That would be boring. I also really love how down to earth the humans are too.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't think TF2 was everything a sequel should be. :x It's not even about the Transformers so much as the humans.

I also didn't appreciate all the sex humor. You can make a good adult film without relying on the gutter and racist stereotypes. The film got bad reviews for a reason.

Raeg alert:

Do I trust Michael Bay when he says Transformers 3 won't suck? No. It's going to take massive critical acclaim, as in Toy Story levels of critical acclaim, before I decide to essentially fund more of these cinematic abortions again. The last film was just plain terribad, wrought with bad dialogue, juvenile humor, a frustrating focus on the unrealistic humans dicking around instead of the titular characters, and shaky cam- shaky cam everywhere, obscuring the battles that I came to see in the first place. And somehow that fucker nearly made one billion dollars back. Never again will I contribute to something like that, in my life.

Edited by Nepenthe
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

It's getting some early positive reviews so far... Idk guys this might turn out to be better than you think it will be.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bleh, I can, everything shown so far looks to be great, plus Shockwave and Laserbeak looking badass is one reason to see it.

Anything's better than, ugh, KISS PLAYERS. It hurts just saying that.

You guys are just being too hard on Bay.

Haters gonna hate,Bay is fucking awesome

• Thumbs Up 2

The twins are gone, Megan Fox is gone, Sam has matured, Bay's eliminating goofy humour in the name of making it more mature. Oh, and Shockwave is in it.

Of course TF3 won't suck.

Edited by Facehugger
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Francis Ford Coppola couldn't make a Godfather III on par with its predecessors. Coppola was talented; he had a record.

Then, there's Michael Bay. And my friends, I give you his record—or as I call it, Bay's Wall of Shame:

vzft6p.png

Edited by Fieuline Tabby
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Coppola was talented; he had a record.
Precisely. It's harder to improve on something of great quality. Bay here has two widely-seen as 'shit' movies in this franchise under his belt, and is attempting the third. Based solely on the few changes we've heard of, this film should be better than the predecessors.

The twins are gone, Megan Fox is gone, Sam has matured, Bay's eliminating goofy humour in the name of making it more mature. Oh, and Shockwave is in it.
Edited by Facehugger
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1