Awoo.

Teen talks about Utah brainwashing camp

Saint Nathan

I found this on the Awkward Zombie forums. Not sure if anyone else here knew about this.

Here's the link

This is quite possibly the most horrifying and disgusting thing that could be going on now. It's not right in any sense of the word.

I can't even express the raw intense seething hatred I feel for anyone who condones this kind of behavior right now. There's no word for it.

Just... fuck, man. This is evil, pure fucking evil. I'm all for grey areas but this isn't right and it's sure as fuck not something to be ignored. Word needs to get out about these kinds of places.

This just violates everything a person has. Everything. Down to the very soul.

I hope the people doing this realize on their deathbeds just how horrible they are. I hope that is their dying thought, just how evil they are.

Fuck. Just... fuck.

• Thumbs Up 6

appalledbabby.jpg

>mfw that entire article

I am both shocked and appalled. The actions of that "corrective facility" are positively disgusting. Horrible. Truly, truly horrible. Sickening. Atrocious. Just plain bad.

...I do recall seeing a South Park episode based around these sorts of brainwashing camps at one point in time, though; hopefully that raised some kind of awareness for them. Because they are just really really bad and need to go away forever.

Just to re-clarify - I am all sorts of disconcerted and dismayed right now. Gee golly jeepers, that stuff is so incredibly messed up.

Edited by HunterTSF
  • Thumbs Up 3

This shit is messed up.

If I were abused in such a way, I'm pretty sure I would have either gone insane, or gotten seriously voilent.

This is wrong and this system needs to be shut down. Completely.

What's even more disturbing, is the parents. They were supportive of their child, at all. I mean, I think I read on that page, that somebody got raped soon after graduating, and instead of her mother consoling and helping here, she actually said it was her own fault for getting raped. Her mother then went and revealed this to that place and humiliated her own daughter.

How people like this can even exist is beyond me.

Edited by Scar

This is sickening, and horrible, I don't even want to read the rest of the story. Her parents are sick in the mind.

Wow, I couldn't bare to read the article its that shocking and upseting.

Galaxy, dude you are right its evil, and a heavy violation of human rights as well. :o

This is like Nazi Germany and Stalinist Soviet Russia all rolled into one and its on America's doorstep. I am surprised shit like this hasn't caused a Homosexual Civil Rights march.

Homosexuality is not a sin nor is it a disease of the mind, homosexuality is nothing to be ashamed of, yet people are forced to be brainwashed into thinking that it is.

Stuff like this makes me sad to be Human. :(

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I've done some background research on WWASPS, and the whole shaboodle seems to be a corrupt group of seperate but equally horrible insitutions. They say they don't exist anymore, but that's a barefaced lie. But lets talk about Cross Creek.

Here's some papweork I got from the Campaign Against Insititionalised Child Abuse website: http://www.caica.org/Wood%202nd%20Amended%20Complaint.pdf. It corroborates the story, from the stopping of drugs to the mental and physical abuse, to the Mormon belief system they forced on people (Which included forced gender stereotyping and the aforementioned anti-gay propaganda). From the looks of it, the service wasn't created with anti-gay brainwashing in mind, but that is of course NO EXCUSE. If anything, it's worse that a possible legitimate service for helping young people was corrupted into being this abomination.

I wanted to reply with this evidence because in the end, people tend to be skeptical about stories like this without corroberating evidence. Well, there is plenty of it. Let's hope the place is shut down.

• Thumbs Up 4

This camp is sickening and inhumane, who in their right mind would be willing send their child to a camp like this?

Edited by sjmaster92

Read it all.

Can someone give me a big rig and a huge amplifier, like, Football Stadium Concert size? I want to blast this out in the parking lot all day while driving around the school honking the horn and basically getting all the attention I can.

Edited by Mr.Awesomest

Why did I get Negative Rep? Did I say something wrong? :unsure:

EDIT: I can't think of what I could of said wrong. I wasn't comparing the 'whole' of America to Fascism, but when it comes to Race, Sexuality, Religion and Culture there are still lots of people and groups out there still stuck in the 1930's.

Edited by BW199148
  • Thumbs Up 2

I've just read the first part so far, but holy shit, this literally sounds like something you'd read in a dystopian novel.

The only good thing in here so far is that it's written in the first person, implying this didn't entirely work on her.

EDIT:

...I would need to drop the robotic, unempathetic, and borderline malicious way of interacting with others that I had learned to use for two and a half years...
Edited by Ekaje
  • Thumbs Up 1

If you ever needed proof that there's evil in this world, this would be it. I'm going to lose my lunch.

• Thumbs Up 2

EDIT2: Also, is this the site for the facility mentioned? If so, I am heavily amused that the link to "Testimonials", containing "success stories" in it's URL, is broken.

Edited by Mr.Awesomest

... The Fuck?

I couldn't read it all, but. What the Fuck Utah?

I'm quite surprised this is still working in that place. It should have been taken down a while ago.

PS: Why this reminds me of a Law and Order: SVU episode.

There are some things I prefer not to know about, because it's not nice to want to slaughter an entire "company".

I can't understand why you'd outsource your kids to some group of wackos in the woods, ever. Those are your kids man. Some adults could use seminars of their own on parenting, the girl even explains how her mother drinks. As for the school owners, it seems they're profiting off negligence and abuse. It's scary that there's a handful of these institutions out there.

• Thumbs Up 3

...and it's those who's been completly BW'd in these institutions that gets important positions in society, due to the power that these institutions has. Sad. Just sad. :(

Better be an atheist at this point.

• Thumbs Up 2

As an American, this is the first time I've read about these "institutions." The fact they exist makes me really, really sick.

The fact that they're LEGAL is even sicker!!! :angry:

Sorry for the bloated type size, but I think I could make an exception here.

Edited by Attitude Adjustment
  • Thumbs Up 5

*reads*

Holy hell, that poor girl, and to add insult to injury, the uncaring mother and lack of trust which just made all of that pain multiply tenfold.

As an American, this is the first time I've read about these "institutions." The fact they exist makes me really, really sick.

The fact that they're LEGAL is even sicker!!! :angry:

Sorry for the bloated type size, but I think I could make an exception here.

I just couldn't of think why someone make this story up, sympathy maybe but it seems legit to me, especially after reading Gerkuman's first post.

What shocks me is these places still exist in 21st Centuary America. :(

Edited by BW199148

The story does appear to be true then. This is evil.

Stories like this makes me want to stop looking for news stories for the sake of being informed.

However, speaking of the news, I am puzzled why I have not heard such a story until now. I read the news quite often. Any media institution I know of would love to have a story like this. So, why hasn't there been a large story on such a topic?

Perhaps I missed it.

I hope that those who are able will use their power to shut the places down and bring the criminals to justice.

The story does appear to be true then. This is evil.

Stories like this makes me want to stop looking for news stories for the sake of being informed.

However, speaking of the news, I am puzzled why I have not heard such a story until now. I read the news quite often. Any media institution I know of would love to have a story like this. So, why hasn't there been a large story on such a topic?

Perhaps I missed it.

I hope that those who are able will use their power to shut the places down and bring the criminals to justice.

Sadly, the media only reports what it wants for its own gains, plus it depends on political leaning of media source, most American Right-Wing media groups would gladly sweep this under the carpet. <_<

I'm mormon but...wow even if they weren't religious this is just sick and twisted. if they used context from the LDS then surely they would believe freedom of choice in life. seriously i don't lie threaten or any of that crap to get people to be like me. Wow... :angry: that poor girl... some family she has... :(

Edited by dudehedgehogfan1996

Clearly you people have never heard of Magdalene Asylums or what happened inside them. And the last of those was only closed down in 1996 But then, that's not exactly the point.

Frankly, I am utterly disgusted. Actually, I think disgust is an understatement. I want to give a standing ovation for the victim who, as a result of their appalling treatment, was motivated to stand up to and work to prevent evil institutions such as Cross Creek from propagating their vile abuse and brainwashing.

• Thumbs Up 1