Awoo.

Aliens: Court Marines - "I say we take Sega's money and Nuke the entire IP from orbit..."

Badnik Mechanic

Maybe SEGA can get some extra money on a potential lawsuit and use it towards the next Sonic.

A man can dream........

Anyways, now I'm torned about buying Borderlands 2 on Steam at some point.

Oh wow, this entire fiasco just keeps getting better/worser everyday, holy shit.

Also yeah, Creative Assembly has been making a 3rd person Alien game for awhile now, it seems, apparently "Dead Space like", and with a large budget, multiplayer,  okay now i'm really interested in this game, hope it hasn't got shitcanned like CM has. 

Maybe SEGA can get some extra money on a potential lawsuit and use it towards the next Sonic.

A man can dream........

Anyways, now I'm torned about buying Borderlands 2 on Steam at some point.

Borderlands is fucking awesome btw, dont let GBX's shady stuff with this game turn you off from playing it. 

Oh wow, this entire fiasco just keeps getting better/worser everyday, holy shit.

Also yeah, Creative Assembly has been making a 3rd person Alien game for awhile now, it seems, apparently "Dead Space like", and with a large budget, multiplayer,  okay now i'm really interested in this game, hope it hasn't got shitcanned like CM has. 

Borderlands is fucking awesome btw, dont let GBX's shady stuff with this game turn you off from playing it. 

Well, the first post seems to be from 2011, so I'd take it with a grain of salt. Though the idea of that would have been great, saying that, that's how I thought A:CM would turn out but y'know...in First Person. I'm sure we would/should have heard something by now if this is true....though I'd love it to be true. I hope A:CM won't stop SEGA from making more Alien Games.

Though speaking of 3rd person....

I was playing Escape Mode in A:CM last night and when the match started, my marine wasn't 1st person :| The camera was positioned behind him in the middle of the screen, I could see my marines head and shoulders and faintly see the aiming reticule. I managed to survive in that state and get back into 1st person view after saving a fellow marine but after that another glitch occurred....

My gun was invisible :|

Even after the day 1 update, it's got a few bugs.

I would kill for an Aliens game at the same quality as Dead Space. Surely there's a company out there who'd be willing to put a decent effort into it?

I would kill for an Aliens game at the same quality as Dead Space. Surely there's a company out there who'd be willing to put a decent effort into it?

Seeing the total war games I have faith on Creative Assembly to do a good job, but by that logic this game should have bee a good one too so yeah....

Gearbox you have lost my respect.

I was thinking of buying this game, thank god I didn't.

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/18ndgq/i_was_a_tester_on_aliens_colonial_marines_ama/Make of it what you will. Not sure how much stake I'd put into a guy who claims to be merely a tester but if true, Sega are moronic pussies who still haven't learned a damn thing after Alpha Protocol and Gearbox are huge cunts.

Yeah, it's Sega's fault for thinking Western video game companies have an ounce of integrity and would finish a product that they paid for their services for. God forbid, there isn't a thing called the law that holds these kind of things accountable in the U.S.

Oh wait.

Edited by turbojet

Yeah, it's Sega's fault for thinking Western video game companies have an ounce of integrity and would finish a product that they paid for their services for. God, forbid their isn't a thing called the law that holds these kind of things accountable in the U.S.

Oh wait.

I didn't say it was their fault, I said they are massive pushovers. This is the same thing that caused Alpha Protocol to put a dent into their wallets since Sega gave Obsidian too much money and funding before the latter had even decided on a direction for the game.

They let western developers have too much leeway and that they let this game go uncontrolled for so many years while continuing the funding of it is downright irresponsible. Most competent publishers would have pulled the plug on these kind of games eons ago, especially if they'd find out their money isn't being used for what it was meant to, but as we know already, they're not exactly one of the competent ones. The idea that Sega would consider Aliens one of their "stronger franchises" is impossible to believe considering how disastrous this turned out, and whoever is responsible for having that checked needs to grow some balls.

Gearbox definitely deserve everything that's coming against them, but to say that Sega don't have awful quality control over their titles and were irresponsible with handling this game and others is trying to argue the lesser of two evils when both parties fucked up.

At first I thought the door was horribly programmed that it wouldn't open.

Call it a Sonic 06 bug then.

'Aliens: Colonial Marines' is biggest-selling release of 2013

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a459513/aliens-colonial-marines-is-biggest-selling-release-of-2013.html

It's taken the top spot on the weekly UK all-format chart. 

While it feels good that Sega has finally got to the top of the charts, it's sucks to see it's a bad game. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I dunno if Sega would be able to be able to handle a lawsuit in their current state, especially when they previous attempted a lawsuit last year that so far looks like they are completely in the wrong (the Level 5 soccer touchscreen patent, in case you're wondering). But if all this is true, I say go for it.

SEGA could have used the millions of dollars wasted on Sonic Adventure 3.

Fixe-

*banned*

It's not surprising to see it selling so well, but it'll be really interesting to see how well it's selling in a few weeks time. What's the game like ever since the massive patch? I know most things wrong with the game can't be patched and shouldn't be excused, but is it noticeably better at all?

Edited by Blue Blood

Well Cex is offering £36 cash trade in for this game, when I was in the store EVERYONE was trading the game in, there were more people trading in than people buying stuff overall, it was crazy bad.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sega should go ahead with the lawsuit. Thanks to Gearbox, Sega's reputation has gone downhill again. I think the rights for Borderlands should be handed over to Sega, especially since they funded the games.

Aliens Colonial Marines: 'small number' of save games being wiped
Sega says issue may be related to the game's optional HDD install
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/391780/aliens-colonial-marines-small-number-of-save-games-being-wiped/

PC modders begin rebuilding Colonial Marines
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/391907/blog/pc-modders-begin-rebuilding-colonial-marines/

So I see it was "National Do Not Use the Internet for 3 Days" in the UK last weekend.

Ha ha! :lol: Actually, it was 5 days :P The game came out Tuesday here like it did in the US. 

Sega should go ahead with the lawsuit. Thanks to Gearbox, Sega's reputation has gone downhill again. I think the rights for Borderlands should be handed over to Sega, especially since they funded the games.

Only in a truly messed up world that would happen.

Edited by turbojet
  • Thumbs Up 6

Ha ha! laugh.png Actually, it was 5 days tongue.png The game came out Tuesday here like it did in the US. 

My joke stemmed from the fact we had reviews for the game the weekend before the Tuesday release, enough time for smart people to realize what a waste of money it was and cancel their preorders. Either no one used the internet that weekend or most people in the UK don't trust reviews.