Awoo.

Chao Garden?

NytroFactor

What if they made Chao Gardens as a purchasable DLC pack, much like the GTA IV and Read Dead Redemption DLC??

They'd still bitch and moan saying "they shouldn't have to buy something that should have been included in the game".

I suppose Sega could be nice and do like Valve does and make it free.....then charge for hats.....lots of hats.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think people want a game like Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 when they said they want a Sonic Adventure 3. The Sonic Adventure series clearly have defining traits that differentiate the gameplay from Classic and Unleashed styles. Chao Garden is definitely associated with the Adventure series as are multiple characters, playstyle, and Ryan Drummond memorable staffing.

Edited by SEGAMew

I think people want a game like Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 when they said they want a Sonic Adventure 3. The Sonic Adventure series clearly have defining traits that differentiate the gameplay from Classic and Unleashed styles. Chao Garden is definitely associated with the Adventure series as are multiple characters, playstyle, and <s>Ryan Drummond</s> memorable staffing.

Well they can make a Sonic game with all of that and more but some fans won't be satisfied unless Sega actually call it SA3.

Edited by sonfan1984

One of the main reasons I hear about Sonic Unleashed/Sonic World Adventure was that it wasn't called Sonic Adventure 3 due to the fact that it's not like the Sonic Adventure series at all. Sonic Team were able to recognize just how different Unleashed was to the highly/overly acclaimed Adventure series.

• Thumbs Up 1

We can only hope...not. Chao raising has nothing to do with Sonic gameplay.

Everything has everything to do with Sonic gameplay.

Chao. Jeez. I got into chao gardens before I got into Sonic... it was what pulled me in. But now, in retrospect, I find myself thinking: how completely RANDOM. They really don't have anything to do with Sonic.

But then, they do have something to do with Sonic, just as werehog and swords and wisps and telekinesis do. Everything in a Sonic game has something to do with Sonic. It's a franchise of variety, in constant motion, going where the wind takes it... like Sonic. :)

Having said that, I wouldn't mind seeing another chao garden, but it wouldn't devastate me if I didn't, either. They were a nice addition. Lots of cute memories, and there was more customization than in any other virtual pet game I know of.

But if I remember back.. I had a "Mephiles Shadow" Chao. :rolleyes:

I see what you did there.

...I think.

One of the main reasons I hear about Sonic Unleashed/Sonic World Adventure was that it wasn't called Sonic Adventure 3 due to the fact that it's not like the Sonic Adventure series at all. Sonic Team were able to recognize just how different Unleashed was to the highly/overly acclaimed Adventure series.

EXACTLY. This. Nobody else seems to notice that. People say "we already GOT Sonic Adventure 3" with the justification that three different games were once titled as such. But if any of them were still "SA3 in spirit" by the time development finished, they would have been titled that way. They changed the name for a reason.

Edited by DC111
  • Thumbs Up 3

I'm fairly sure "Shadow the Hedgehog" was an American branch test/stunt to see how people would react to a more mature Sonic title though...

The only thing I see linking SA2 to Shadow was the fact that SA2 was originally supposed to have mutltiple story paths with multiple endings.

As a celebration of Sonic's history, this is the only game I can see Chao making a come back. It's now or never if you ask me, but that doesn't mean I believe the chances have skyrocketed or anything.

I liked the chao raising feature, but I think it feels a bit dated now. They should bring it back, but give us a few enhancements or something. I mean, I can't think of anything in particular that would enhance the experience. Petting and feeding are the basics of a virtual pet, so I guess the only thing to do would be add more minigames.

If they do bring back chao gardens though, I'd like to see some other old side features brought back. Maybe an enhanced Competition mode from Sonic 3. Hopefully they'd extend the stages a little. But as for the "HD modern" Era is concerned, I don't recall any extra features that could be brought back. Extra movies like the ones from Sonic Unleashed maybe?

For a more updated Chao Garden to conform with today's Gen... I guess I would like to see the option of the Chao being able to take on the appearance of your Mii/Avatar. Naturally interacting with Chao will have to involve motion controls (but of course button controls will be an option as well).

And I want Chao in Space 3 to happen.

For a more updated Chao Garden to conform with today's Gen... I guess I would like to see the option of the Chao being able to take on the appearance of your Mii/Avatar. Naturally interacting with Chao will have to involve motion controls (but of course button controls will be an option as well).

And I want Chao in Space 3 to happen.

Didn't it happen in Sonic 06's apocalyptic future?

• Thumbs Up 1

No, all the Chao died in Sonic '06's future because Chaonut trees don't grow well in lava, thus led to Great Chao Famine, then Great Chao Extinction. That and Chao needs pure clean water to live off of.

Therefore... Chao in Space 3 couldn't happen without Chao to cast parts for.

Edited by SEGAMew

No, all the Chao died in Sonic '06's future because Chaonut trees don't grow well in lava, thus led to Great Chao Famine, then Great Chao Extinction. That and Chao needs pure clean water to live off of.

Therefore... Chao in Space 3 couldn't happen without Chao to cast parts for.

No I mean, wasn't there a poster for it. I'm sure there was.

Highly, HIGHLY doubt this will return. We haven't seen a Chao garden in a Sonic game since SA2. That was 10 years ago! It wasn't that great anyway. Cute at first, but then it got really boring.

Highly, HIGHLY doubt this will return. We haven't seen a Chao garden in a Sonic game since SA2. That was 10 years ago! It wasn't that great anyway. Cute at first, but then it got really boring.

Wasn't there one in Sonic Advance 2 or Pinball Party?

No I mean, wasn't there a poster for it. I'm sure there was.

There was a poster in SA2 at City Escape. :)

If you mean that.

Wasn't there one in Sonic Advance 2 or Pinball Party?

Ah yes, there was...and in SAdv1.

But still, this was a while back, and we never saw a Chao garden again besides the critters themselves making cameos.

Edited by Gabz Girl

There was a poster in SA2 at City Escape. :)

If you mean that.

Nope, I know there was Chao in Space in SA1, Chao in Space 2 in SA2 and I'm sure of another on in 2006... Or perhaps that was a texture found in the game that wasn't used.

Ah yes, there was...and in SAdv1.

But still, this was a while back, and we never saw a Chao garden again besides the critters themselves making cameos.

It was once said that Classic Sonic will never show up again outside of compilations.

It was once said that Classic Sonic will never show up again outside of compilations.

Really? When was that?

Not sure when, but I think the source was SEGA (or at least the many fans who believed Modern Sonic retcon the Classic look.)

Not sure when, but I think the source was SEGA (or at least the many fans who believed Modern Sonic retcon the Classic look.)

Well I personally just see them both as the same just with different styles, hence why he's very different in games like Riders. Still, it seems Sega is going with Classic is Younger Sonic now judging by Generations, although that could be seen as a design choice purely to keep two types of fans happy rather than creating a consistency.

Couldn't find a single picture on what feels like the entire internet. Really?!

Anyway, I had to boot up '06 for myself and take a snap shot. The poster's right there as one of the objects you jump off of in the tornado sequence of the stage:

sdc18249.jpg

Chao in Space 3.

Edited by Inferno

Couldn't find a single picture on what feels like the entire internet. Really?!

Anyway, I had to boot up '06 for myself and take a snap shot. The poster's right there as one of the objects you jump off of in the tornado sequence of the stage:

sdc18249.jpg

Chao in Space 3.

I knew it! :D

Thanks, now I don't have to boot it up. :P