Awoo.

Extra content you'd like to see?

LimeTH

So obviously, to up the replayability factor, Sonic Generations will include some form of extra content, unlockable or otherwise. What kind of stuff do you guys think should be included.

Stuff I would like to see is the option to play as characters other than Sonic. Tails and Knuckles are the most likely to be included if there are extra characters, but it would be nice to see Amy and Metal Sonic too. Different skins for Sonic that are from past games would be pretty neat too.

Another option I hope is included is the ability to switch the Sonics' playstyles. Play as M.Sonic in C.Sonic's gameplay, and C.Sonic in M.Sonic's gameplay.

-Option to choose between Classic and Modern Sonic (not necessarily having to play as both)

-Trophy/Achievement for all S-Ranks

-Hunting soundtracks and cutscenes in-level, like Unleashed (I'm probably a minority on this one, but I thought it was fun)

-Chao Garden

-Extra missions for each level organized in a clean manner on the menu, like Sonic Adventure 2

-The kind of replay value Unleashed and Adventure 2 had... Colors didn't give me much motivation to play levels again.

...But honestly, even if none of that happens, this game has me sold already.

Edited by DC111
  • Thumbs Up 1

Playable Character: Werehog. We all know you want it.

Extras: Sound Test, I miss you :<

Modes: Ghost Time Trial Mode

Aaaaand can't think of anything more.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Multiple missions. Like trials, or something. "Collect X Rings", "Get to the goal ring/sign in X Minutes", etc. Perhaps ghost racing with someone's online record, adding a bit of flair to the leaderboard that we're more than likely getting?

They also gotta bring back the sound-test, cutscene and art-viewer, and we've gotta get content from across the Sonic universe, not just stuff from this game. I'd also like the multiple language voice/subtitle options to return. Not because of some bullshit "GRIFFITH!!!!!!!!!" "SMITH!!!!!!!!" reason, but just so people have the option of immersing themselves in a truly global Sonic experience.

There's also gotta be an award for getting all S ranks, even if it is just Hard Mode. They've skimped out on that for far too long.

...and I think that covers it. I wanna be surprised this time by the content packed in this title.

I want as much content as SA2 and Unleashed had, and if not, more. Extra missions, extra levels, unlockable movies, music, art, really everything they can possibly think of. I would also say other playable characters but, that's kind of confirmed not to be true. I want to be playing this game for a LONG time though. This is something I was disappointed with Colors the most.

I WANTED other characters. Specifically Tails and Shadow. Looks like that's not happening, so I will settle for one of the levels being City escape and being able to tear through it as Super Sonic. Even with hacks, I still can't do that yet.

Mission 3: Find the chao? seriusly, i want a menu, something like SA2 i loved the missions, and colecting the emblems.

Edited by SuperGuzzi

As RidersDX said, I would love Sonic Generations to have a "Sonic History Museum" -similar to the one featured in Sonic Gems Collection- filled with art, music, movies, bonus levels, etc. from Sonic's past.

I was thinking about this the other day, but was too lazy to make a topic.

It's quite the stretch, but I'd love to have an even further depth of fan service for replayability. For example, a small, but neat feature would be unlockable SFX for gameplay purposes. Like swap the jumping sound from CD to the standard Genesis line for Classic Sonic. LARGELY minor and unneeded, but if they can jam pack this game up the ass with unlockables, the longer I'll most likely play it.

As for run-of-the-mill things:

-Tails/Knuckles playable: Not for lolclassicfan sake, but just because I think just having these two would be fit best with the whole plot. However, maybe a 4th and final where Metal Sonic is in Classic and Shadow in Modern, since Metal Sonic hasn't really changed much and Shadow, whom we already know is in, wasn't around back then.

-Sound Test: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. As minor as it is, I really do enjoy listening to tunes, X3.

-SHIT TON of art: Modern, classic stuff like on Sonic Gems Collection,

-Cutscenes: Most likely a given, but watching those CG scenes is one of my favorite things about a Sonic game. To add, more stuff like those secret Unleashed clips would be ace.

-Big secret unlock: When I think of this, I think of a stage. Mainly because it's probably one of the most satisfying things. Did everything? Well here, play this last new level. This worked wonders, for me anyways, on SA2.

That's about it for now, I'll post more if I can think of any, XD.

Simply put I'd like a good load of things after Colours Wii only had the movies.

-Sound Test (We had it in the DS version of Colours, why not the main?)

-Movie Viewer (Has been available for a while)

-Concept Art (Again, was in Colours DS but not Main)

-Music changes (strange idea. We may not get all the levels we want so why not put in music from other levels to be selected over another level? Like Green Hill music being replaced by say, Emerald Hill. They'd planned for this in 06 so why not now?)

-Mission Mode (Kept me amused in Adventure DX for ages)

-Bonus level (Will be hard to pick from though cause the game is so full of old stages)

-Boss Mode (One of my favourite modes ever! It was in 06 as Dlc but has not appeared since.)

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd love to have playable incarnations of Tails and Knuckles (and hell, Shadow's in here too so why not? Great extra skin if extra powers couldn't be added normally). Unfortunately, unless Iizuka is just hiding the fact, it seems these guys are only up for appearances.

Also, selectable music a la All-Stars Racing would be nice. Not only because I love Sonic music and would want to see quite a bit remixed, it'd be at least a way to satiate fans who's favorite stage didn't make the cut. (For example, with Green Hill confirmed, Emerald and Angel Island are unlikely to appear now due to similarities, but at least this way the music would be there.) I'd personally love to be able to hunt this stuff down in the stages like a previous poster said, particularly to help lengthen my time with the game.

Mission mode would be nice, especially since I doubt there would be multiple acts per Zone.

Also, if we have S3&K styled Special Stages, a Blue Sphere thing would be nice. More Blue Sphere challenges are never a bad thing.

That's my major wish list. Anything else (concept art, movie viewer, music select) I'm taking for granted since we usually have most, if not all of those things in the main games.

I want a chao garden!I will spend lots of hours in it and would love to see and HD Garden and let them be 3 :D

I highly doubt it would happen, but being a huge advocate of Chao I will literally put aside Skyrim and buy two copies of this game if there is a decent Chao system in this game, i.e. an improvement on SA2B's system. If this turns out to be true, feel free to screenshot this post and go "Ha!" to make me spend my money; I'll do it if I'm not in a rut. :P

I'm hoping to see a History Museum like RidersDX have said with interviews, concept art, music, bonus videos, etc

Honestly, the FIRST thing I want is additional playable characters. Still holding onto the hope that there will be unlockable skins/characters... and if not... AT LEAST DLC.

I really like the idea, though, of a Sonic History section. WE NEED THIS! This is the PERFECT opportunity to show Sonic's history, and perhaps even detail plot-synopsis for every game in the series, although that may be pushing it.

• Thumbs Up 1

They should totally reward 100% completion again by letting you unlock a retro level in 3-- oh.

They should reward 100% completion by unlocking a brand new level with a couple acts per Sonic.

They should reward 100% completion by unlocking a brand new level with a couple acts per Sonic.

Something like Grandmaster Galaxy?

Anyway, I hope for more levels as DLC, I'm curious what other acts they can come up with.

Unlockables I would love to see...

1) Hide music & art within levels (like Unleashed). I love hunting extra goodies for some reason.

Just being able to find every treasure somewhere within the game feels rewarding.

2) Music unlocked can be played through any mode.

Say if you want to switch between the bgm's (classic or modern)of the level you're playing. Ta-dah! Done!

3) Sonic Museum = Sadly I never owned any of the collection series. But it would be fun to have a virtual walk-in museum, where everything is interactive. Wait, maybe on the same level as Shenmue! Just go near the item you want to choose from, select it.

4) Mini-games? I wonder if there might be some hidden somewhere

5) Sonic & Pal (Sonic 2) Being able to switch with another character depending on levels.

Or maybe even have some levels that are necessary for co-op. (maybe a later DLC?)

6) Werehog! Haha, I would love to see this variant return. Taking on levels as the Werehog would be some experience.

Werehog tearing up GHZ.. XD Poor piranha's.

1: Playable Classic and Modern Super Sonic in all levels. Should be usable against bosses, but it's not necessarily a requirement.

2: The ONLY collectibles should be Red Rings, S-Ranks and Chaos Emeralds, like in Sonic Colors.

3: Metal Sonic as a skin for Sonic, since we're likely not going to see other playable characters, even this isn't likely.

Also, contrary to the people in here saying music, art and cutscenes should be hidden in levels, I think you should just unlock them all just from beating the game. Sorry, but collect-a-thons are not my thing, and Sonic should never be about collecting things to such an extent (it's why I've never 100%ed Unleashed). It is not Donkey Kong, it's not Banjo-Kazooie, and it's not fair to people like me who like this content who don't feel like I should be forced to scour all the levels for content I feel I should earn from beating the game. Sonic was never about searching for unlockable content (except Chaos Emeralds, Red Rings and Super Emeralds) in levels before Unleashed, and it hasn't been that way since then for a reason, I'd say.

But that's just my opinion on things, so oh well, if I'm the only one who thinks this way, I guess this'll be another game I won't 100% if it goes the way of unlocking everything only through collecting things.

Edit: LOL I got down-repped for this? That's hilarious.

Edited by Shade Vortex
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE...

• Storybook series-esque bonus content menus for concept art, cutscenes, voice clips, expert tutorials, and so forth!
  • Missions!
  • Special stages!
  • Downloadable stages!
  • Boss rush mode!
  • The ability to choose the voice track!
  • Ingame Big the Cat cameos! Complete with journal entries!
  • Omochao providing ingame hints!
  • Exclamation points!

Edited by HunterTSF

The ability to use Classic and Modern Sonic as skins. Classic Sonic in an Unleashed style stage would be awesome. We all know it.

• Thumbs Up 1

[*]Ingame Big the Cat cameos! Complete with journal entries!

What's the point of this?

Edited by sonfan1984
  • Thumbs Up 1