Awoo.

So...anyone believe this will unite the fanbase?

CrownSlayers Shadow

No matter how epic this game and future games might be. Nothing will ever unite a fanbase as divided and broken as Sonics.

Edited by Johnny Boy

Will this game unite the fanbase? Nope. I hope the fanbase will be united Someday in the long future though. :)

I think ST doesn't make all Sonic games good because he knows that if the Sonic fanbase unites one day then.......

december-21-2012-end-of-the-world.jpg

End of the World

is coming. :P

• Thumbs Up 2

On a serious note, many of the problems of the fan base aren't inherently rooted in Sonic Team's output anyways, so they can only do so much. It would do us a lot of good if cynics and optimists could listen to each other without automatically assuming the worst of that person, and from there, jumping off into raving tirades about how insufferable or blind certain sects are. It would also help if we did a better job in ignoring the trollish or ignorant behavior leveled at us and from within; every time someone posts a 10 year old's typo-stricken rant from the official Facebook page or dA, I die a little inside. It's merely perpetuating the very attitudes we wish would disappear.

• Thumbs Up 2

You want to reunite the fanbase? Kill everyone, simple as that.

Seriously, NOTHING will stop human beings from having different opinions from eachother.

The problem isn't having a different opinion. Part of the problem is when merely having a different opinion is misconstrued as being unnecessarily intolerant or too indiscriminate which inevitably becomes personal and thus causes people to have to get defensive.

The problem isn't having a different opinion. Part of the problem is when merely having a different opinion is misconstrued as being unnecessarily intolerant or too indiscriminate which inevitably becomes personal and thus causes people to have to get defensive.

Lol, sounds like you know this from experience.

I'm not bothered by different opinions, I'm bothered by unconstructive criticism, where someone blindly praises or blindly hates a game while ignoring its flawed or good aspects. Basically, if we all had decent, respectable, well thought claims, then my sanity would still exist. XD

Huh...kinda forgot this topic was around. :lol:

Lol, sounds like you know this from experience.

I'm not bothered by different opinions, I'm bothered by unconstructive criticism, where someone blindly praises or blindly hates a game while ignoring its flawed or good aspects. Basically, if we all had decent, respectable, well thought claims, then my sanity would still exist. XD

• Thumbs Up 2

So then how many years in total would it take for the fanbase to reunite completely? Also, what would it FULLY TAKE for Nicochi and Richard Kuta to like Modern Sonic POSSIBLY? Just so there's less fighting. ;w;

You honestly have a better chance at world peace or Etheopia becoming a global superpower

^ Oops. My bad.

Anyway, I kinda agree with the game splitting the fanbase even further than uniting it. I'm kinda thinking that maybe they should had just gotten a game made for both classic and Adventure/modern fans.

For example, Sonic 4 would be targeted directly at classic fans. The game could have been a whole retail game delayed to 2011 for the classic fans, which could have had little-to-no rehashing of zones, classic physics, cast (and appearence of), level design, and yet have new level themes, badniks, bosses, "gimmicks" in acts, and some new/returning gameplay modes and moves for characters; such as missions, onlime multiplayer, Piko-Piko Hammer (for Amy), the insta and elemental shields, etc. The entire game probably could had even had 2D remakes of zones from the other classic games playable via DLC or unlockable.

Then Generations would be pleasing Adventure and modern fans by having modern Sonic and cast just going through memory lane of levels from the games (still from all eras), with a mix of both Unleashed on-rails gameplay and Adventure semi-exploration gameplay. Not to mention other characters playable via similar gameplay to Sonic, with probably some alternative gameplay styles from the Adventure games available to play. But before you raeg hear me out-this would be limited to minigames. Maybe some Chao Gardens available to play as well, with the game set in a sometimes lighthearted but mostly semi-dark, not too complex and overwritten storyline.

This is just my take, though.

Edited by Yeow95

Hmm, maybe we can set up a fan convention to bring all of the sonic fans together, and then we drop a super sized bucket of Super glue over the whole thing, forming a giant sticky mesh of Sonic fans. Then they'd all have to bicker until they form a single opinion in which they could all agree

Or die in the process, either way it would technically unite the fanbase

Hmm, maybe we can set up a fan convention to bring all of the sonic fans together, and then we drop a super sized bucket of Super glue over the whole thing, forming a giant sticky mesh of Sonic fans. Then they'd all have to bicker until they form a single opinion in which they could all agree

Or die in the process, either way it would technically unite the fanbase

I think half of these fans will choose death. The other half will choose to unite.

Result: Still not united. :lol:

• 3 months later...

Well, think it's time to rebump this thread since the game's out.

So then did this game unite the fanbase? (I think most of it actually, considering there was no bawwing at all since the 26th to now over the game)

So then did this game unite the fanbase?

I implore you to check out Sega's SG forums and look for yourself.

Short answer: FUCK NO.

Nothing will unite fanbase at this point. Its just too broken.

Some people want complex story, others want no story at all. Some want other playables and others hate "Shitty Friends". You cant unite it.

Half the threads on this page alone are whining spoiled brats who can't see a good thing for the flaws they obsess over.

Okay, that's a gross exagerration on my part, but good grief this fanbase. Then again, since it consists of pretty much everyone who ever owned or played on a Sega Genesis in the nineties, it's honestly too varied and wide to have any hope of consistency.

• Thumbs Up 2

Nope. Sure, a lot of Modern and Classic fans like the game but there will always be very differing opinions. I've seen people hate the Modern Sonic gameplay in the game, the Classic gameplay and I have even seen someone who loved the game but hated that "Sonic's annoying friends" appeared in it and that they should be "banned from the series".

Plus we got people whining constantly about how the Unleashed gameplay is soooo awful whenever a good two years ago everybody thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I know this is old, but this is so fucking true. When a game is first released, it always seems like everyone is satisfied with a particular gameplay element, voice actor, writer, or whatever. But then a year or two later, there's always a thread just bursting with people hating it. For example, it seemed to me that when Sonic Colors came out a year ago, most everyone on this forum was extremely pleased by the new writers. Now it seems like I see more people who hate them then I see people who like them.

And of course, do I even need to mention Sonic Adventure? Twelve years ago, that was mostly regarded by critics and fans alike as Sonic's equivalent of Mario 64 in terms of both quality and the transition to 3D. These days it's one of the more controversial games in the series.

Yeah it seems like ever since Sonic 4 is announced, it seems like Sonic's character design is very controversial thing now to the point that his design determines wether a game is good or not. I know there's people who prefer classic Sonic but I don't remember them bitching about Moderns Sonic design this much in the past.

Don't forget physics. Before Sonic 4 I never even heard the word 'physics' uttered within the Sonic fanbase. Now it's like the #1 topic.

Edited by Speederino