Awoo.

Sonic Generations: New Screenshots and Arts [Archive]

Woun

This screen in Woun's post doesn't work so I'll post it here from andriasang.com :P

2132445770_full.jpg

Loving that looks soo cute =D

Edited by Shaddix_Croft

This screen in Woun's post doesn't work so I'll post it here from andriasang.com :P

2132445770_full.jpg

Loving that looks soo cute =D

Sorry seems to really not working screenshots. Now fix it!

Edited by Woun
  • Thumbs Up 1

Posted by art (in a good quality), which was in the background and Sega Forum Box-Art.

HERE.

Hey woun, are those the highest quality those 2 new screenshots and the new render come in?

http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/img/gmw/docs/441/205/sonic04.jpg

http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/img/gmw/docs/441/205/sonic05.jpg

http://woun-nyan.ru/Scene/007.jpg

Woun, You are one of the most awesome people on this forum right now. :) Thank you for the links, and vids soo far.

*looks at official artwork* Wow sonic really has grown a lot since the 90's. He's gotta be like at least 4ft now.

Woun, You are one of the most awesome people on this forum right now. :) Thank you for the links, and vids soo far.

*looks at official artwork* Wow sonic really has grown a lot since the 90's. He's gotta be like at least 4ft now.

Woun was always awesome!

The poses are both modelled after the S1 one.

Sonic1.pngCleanArtfromBox.jpgSonic_4.png

The S4 one is based on the S1 one as well, but came out ugly as sin. Strange, because the new one from Generations looks excellent.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

The S4 one is based on the S1 one as well, but came out ugly as sin. Strange, because the new one from Generations looks excellent.

Quite frankly, I think the Sonic 4 one looks more genuine. I'm not fond of the eyebrow thing either, but 4 Sonic looks like he's more into his pose, while Generations Sonic looks like he's just 'doing the motions.' Even Classic Sonic next to him has more attitude and... well, 'umph,' for lack of better description.

Primarily because his eyes are really based on this:

Sonic1_box_usa.jpg

So now we know where the "buttbrow" is from!

Edited by Tailikku

2132445771_full.jpg

This screenshot looks very familiar...

sonic.colors.review.111010-530px.png

Edited by Schismatist

2132445771_full.jpg

This screenshot looks very familiar...

sonic.colors.review.111010-530px.png

That's because the model used in Sonic Colors is just a lower-poly version of the model used in Unleashed HD. And Generation probably just copy+pasted the Unleashed model.

Actually I think it's cool that they've finally finalized modern Sonic's design. Before Unleashed he looked different in every game (except how Shadow reused Heroes models), but for once Sonic has kept the same design for three straight main series games.

• Thumbs Up 1

Actually I think it's cool that they've finally finalized modern Sonic's design. Before Unleashed he looked different in every game (except how Shadow reused Heroes models), but for once Sonic has kept the same design for three straight main series games.

And I'm happy about that too cause the Unleashed/Colors model of modern Sonic is my favorite and I'm glad that they're sticking with that design.

So now we know where the "buttbrow" is from!

Sonic 1's title screen. Still odd how it was universally like that. :|a

I decided to change its logo Sonic Generations!

sonicgenerations.png

I think it might look better if the two Sonics are in front of the scenery, not behind it.

Speaking of Sonic, why is Classic huge compared to Modern?

Maybe M. Sonic is way far back so he looks small and C. Sonic is close up so he looks bigger. :P

I understand you're making a joke of this, but I'd like to point out, with no visible point of reference, we don't know how far either of them are away from us. With their feet hidden fro view, it becomes impossible to tell, and the image begins to look rather odd.