Awoo.

Characters you'd like to see in Sonic Generations?

Shade Vortex

Isn't the argument I've been trying to make all along is that I want other characters to be OPTIONALLY playable? That's what I've been saying in every post I have made, haven't I?

*shortened for the sake of not being a massive quote*

The Unleashed style is speed speed speed. Flying could potentially be pulled off in an on-rails kind of way, but it'd be weird. Gliding and climbing are no-nos. And not giving them a boost? It'd suck hardcore. Plus the levels would have to be designed in a very particular way for Knuckles and Tails' abilities not to be abusable. It simply wouldn't work.

The Unleashed style is speed speed speed. Flying could potentially be pulled off in an on-rails kind of way, but it'd be weird. Gliding and climbing are no-nos. And not giving them a boost? It'd suck hardcore. Plus the levels would have to be designed in a very particular way for Knuckles and Tails' abilities not to be abusable. It simply wouldn't work.

Boy they've really limited the Classic Favorites coming up with the Unleashed formula when you put it that way, haven't they?

Although, they could still take more of a Rival's approach with using them...although, that's not exactly any different.

Honestly, I don't see how you can say the Unleashed style completely eliminates Gliding/Flying.

First of all, take into consideration Colors, based on the Unleashed style. Its not all speed-speed-speed. There are slower points with more platforming, and other stretches. Flying could easily be present in both 2D and 3D. Gliding, could, as well. It wouldn't be as fast, but its still possible.

Climbing is also very possible. It would be limited to areas with a lot of walls, but such sections appear in both Unleashed and Colors. They could even potentially implement more platforming elements in 3D, although most "climbing" would obviously be in 2D, and it could work very well. In fact, a platforming section where Knuckles has to climb a ways then hits a ceiling, then glide to the opposite side to climb some more... that could easily be implemented. The "Spike" Wisp in Colors went through passages like this quite often.

And I didn't say Knuckles and Tails couldn't have a boost. I said that it was a possibility. However, a boost could still work very well for them. It doesn't have to be written out.

I don't see why Knuckles and Tails can't appear in the Unleashed-style gameplay. I think it would work very well, honestly.

I don't see why Knuckles and Tails can't appear in the Unleashed-style gameplay. I think it would work very well, honestly.

Well we'll have to disagree on that one. I've been thinking about it since Unleashed and am still convinced that it would be very hard to pull off without being very jarring. Colours was different to Unleashed- slower and whatnot - but still I don't think it'd work.

Edited by Blue Blood

When I think of Shadow, I think of guns and vehicles, hopefully they won't put that nonsense in to this game.

I'm still scratching my head how would Shadow fit in to this game...I thought Shadow wasn't awakened until the events of SA2? I have no idea.

When I think of Shadow, I think of guns and vehicles, hopefully they won't put that nonsense in to this game.

Despite the fact that the Guns were only in ONE game and never used again?

I'm not trying to be an asshole here, but it's amazing how you still hold on to that 6 years later when they've ditched it. As for the vehicles, that was 5 years ago when they stopped using it. That doesn't make a lot of sense for you to still carry that on him when most folks here have already moved past that and know that Sonic Team aren't stupid enough to do that again.

I'm still scratching my head how would Shadow fit in to this game...I thought Shadow wasn't awakened until the events of SA2? I have no idea.

First, it's fan service.

Second, this game isn't going to the past to Sonic's orgin. It's about some villian messing up the past and the present that cause Sonic to meet his Classic self.

In other words, SA2 has already happened ages ago and it's events aren't what's being focused on anymore.

I'm not trying to be an asshole here, but it's amazing how you still hold on to that 6 years later when they've ditched it. As for the vehicles, that was 5 years ago when they stopped using it. That doesn't make a lot of sense for you to still carry that on him when most folks here have already moved past that and know that Sonic Team aren't stupid enough to do that again.

First, it's fan service.

Second, this game isn't going to the past to Sonic's orgin. It's about some villian messing up the past and the present that cause Sonic to meet his Classic self.

In other words, SA2 has already happened ages ago and it's events aren't what's being focused on anymore.

Except that it is more than likely and basically confirmed some of the stages will take place during the times of Sonic Adventure 2.

I will be amused if the story takes individual game plots into consideration when entering their time zones.

Psst

Just a thought, but the one level we've seen is Green Hill Zone, none of Sonic's friends outside his furry little friends existed at this point in the timeline. But there's every possibility of Modern Tails showing up right at the moment Classic Tails meets Classic Sonic for the first time or something like that. So newer levels could have specific sections with Tails doing some stuff. Or they could save Tails and Knuckles's major contributions till S3&K...

IMO - Character appearances will depend on how integral the Character was to the storyline: so my list predicts;

Classic Era

Sonic

Eggman

Tails (Sonic could not of gotten to the Death Egg/Angel Island without Tails - plus he follows Sonic everywhere for the rest of this era)

Knuckles (first real rival, his story shapes most of Sonic 3 & Knuckles + sets us up for Dreamcast era)

Metal Sonic (Plays a huge part in Sonic CD - is important later on in Heroes)

Amy Rose (plenty of merch with classic Amy about, she doesn't have a huge story role but will likely will show up to stalk Classic Sonic anyway ;) )

Dreamcast Era

Everyone introduced in Classic era +

Most Characters from Adventure will make an appearance at least.

Chao! (they better be, I will make massive sadface if there are no Chao)

Shadow (fans may hate this but Shadow has a huge role Adventure 2 onwards, he's gonna be in it no doubt)

Rouge (Knuckles' Rival and a kind of buddy for Shadow - plus lead into heroes)

Multiconsole Era

Cream the Rabbit

Blaze

Silver

...can we continue to ignore 06 but keep Silver and Blaze? - I dont want Elise back ever : (

Except that it is more than likely and basically confirmed some of the stages will take place during the times of Sonic Adventure 2.

I will be amused if the story takes individual game plots into consideration when entering their time zones.

The stages are. The story is something else entirely different.

Although even if it did incorporate individual game plots, that still doesn't prevent Shadow from fitting in due to a villain messing up the time periods and still allowing him to be around even to meet his past self. However, I seriously doubt Sonic Team would even do that considering they're more likely to focus on Sonic and that until further notice we're not going back to 50 years in the past.

Yep, cause that's all Shadow's ever done. Guns an vehicles. Mhm. Absolutely. Nothing but guns and vehicles and DAMN FOURTH CHAOS EMERALDs.

It also doesn't matter than Shadow wasn't awakened until the events of SA2. This game is about time rifts. Seeing as Shadow has been out of his capsule for a long time now, why shouldn't he be affected by the time rifts too?

CSS said it all better than me, and like Dusk said some levels are likely going to take place during the events of SA2. Yeah... Shadow has an much reason to be here as anyone else.

Edited by Blue Blood

I'm still holding to it because Sonic '06 was Shadow's last appearance in a main Sonic game. So we don't know if Sonic Team has completely removed the vehicles from Shadow's gameplay yet.

And I never said Shadow shouldn't be in this game. I was just wondering.

Edited by Spicylicious Girl

I'm still holding to it because Sonic '06 was Shadow's last appearance in a main Sonic game. So we don't know if Sonic Team has completely removed the vehicles from Shadow's gameplay yet.

None of it would fit this games tone. It fit the dark and edgy tones of ShTH and '06, but sooo not this.

They'd have to considering the direction they're taking this and for several other reasons. There's not a lot of room for vehicle gameplay in either the Classic or Unleashed formula for anything to warrant putting it into this game.

And should they actually do it, the only vehicles they could even bother putting in this game would be the ones capable of flight, and even then it's a matter of combining it with the high speed gameplay of Unleashed, and who knows how they would even go about balancing that.

Then there's the fact that people complained about the vehicles in general, and the fact that Sonic Team have actually been listening to us prior to this game by giving us just the high-speed gameplay (which is still of concern to some people), better storylines and dialogs, and the likes. Them listening to that makes it unlikely for them not to have heard many of us wanting that aspect of Shadow ditched

Then there's the question of whether he'll be playable or not. Sources seem to confirm his and other character's appearance, but not his playability. That much is not exactly known very well, however some say they aren't playable.

I'm pretty confident so far that they've removed them.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

A new villain is on the rise, though. :/

I'm willing to bet it's probably going to be Eggman...

...Nega...

...Nega.

Or, for short... Double Nega.

• Thumbs Up 2

If classic Tails appears, I hope he looks like the way he did in the games and anime OVA (little orange fox) rather then a brown cat/squirrel hybrid lookalike he was in the cartoons.

I personally would like to see Tails, Knuckles, Shadow and Blaze in the game, and it would be interesting if they made classic versions of the modern characters (Not sure if that's likely, though). But we'll see.

No, Shadow had firearms on the vehicles he drove in Sonic '06 as well, still counts. I'm not saying that Sonic Team will be stupid enough to shoehorn those features into this game, but the past two games Shadow has appeared playable in he's both driven vehicles and used guns, so it's indeed a viable worry if SEGA decide to put Shadow in this game in levels from games other than SA2 and anything before it.

You KNOW you want to see what Classic Shadow would look like.

He'd be the most adorable moody jerk ever.

You mean this:

Shadow__Classic_Sonic_style_by_PsuC.jpg

No, Shadow had firearms on the vehicles he drove in Sonic '06 as well, still counts. I'm not saying that Sonic Team will be stupid enough to shoehorn those features into this game, but the past two games Shadow has appeared playable in he's both driven vehicles and used guns, so it's indeed a viable worry if SEGA decide to put Shadow in this game in levels from games other than SA2 and anything before it.

The tone of series has change completely since 2005/2006 when then were trying be all edgy and serious. Since '06 we've have Unleashed and Colours, both bright and cheery games, and now this- another game that seems like it'll be bright and cheery. Guns and vehicles are the last thing I'd expect to see right now. The absolute last.

Seeing classic & modern together.. keep the rest of the cast as NPC's.

Bringing back Metal Sonic would be a treat. (Poor guy has been out of commission since Heroes)

But dare I say, being able to play as Robotnik (in the flying craft we've always seen him in)

Bringing back Metal Sonic would be a treat. (Poor guy has been out of commission since Heroes)

:huh:

*Brings out sheet of paper*

Games that would like to contest this;

Sonic Rivals, Sonic Rivals 2, Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games, Sonic and SEGA All-Stars Racing, Sonic Free Riders, Sonic 4.

:huh:

*Brings out sheet of paper*

Games that would like to contest this;

Sonic Rivals, Sonic Rivals 2, Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games, Sonic and SEGA All-Stars Racing, Sonic Free Riders, Sonic 4.

I think he meant games that are canon.

I think he meant games that are canon.

Technically, Sonic 4 is cannon.

And there really isn't that much standing between the Riders series being cannon either.