Awoo.

MegaMan Comes to Archie Comics

LunarEdge

Is it wrong that I read all of that in Mega Man 8 voices?

No, I did the same.... DOCTOR WOW-EE

Anywho... remember how back in the day the Sonic Archie comics had cross-overs with other Archie stories like Sabrina? Hoping we get something similar with Megaman and Sonic.

I bought the first two volumes, and so far I like what I see. I may just subscribe for the year seeing how it's only $23. Each individual comic runs about $3.25, so it's a money saver :P

Eh, I figured I'd post my thoughts of the comic so far here, because why not.

From what I have read, the comic seems to be alright so far. The art is nice for the most part, only being off occasionally. They seem to have got the characterisation of the main cast right so far as well. There is one huge qualm I'm having with the comic so far, and that's the pacing. Everything goes by so fast. The fights tend to take the pattern of [ROBOT MASTER] takes a shot, Mega Man makes one shot back, [ROBOT MASTER] dies, Mega Man gets the power, rinse and repeat. This stuff goes by so fast that Elec Man gets killed off in the preview pages for the third comic. I didn't like how quickly they rushed over Mega Man's remorse for killing his brothers either. I'm not saying the brooding should've gone on forever (We'll have enough of that in the possible Mega Man X adaptions =P) but it should've went on for more than a couple of pages, and he seems to just forget it later on. I understand that they only have a finite amount of pages to work with, but I don't see why they couldn't have it so only one or two robot masters are encountered per comic, to prevent it from getting to the point where the Metools and Picket Men in Guts Man's stage put up more of a fight and had the same amount of screen (page?) time as the robot masters. I'm not trying to say it's a bad comic, because it's far from it. I just wish they would slow down with it a bit.

Eh, I figured I'd post my thoughts of the comic so far here, because why not.

From what I have read, the comic seems to be alright so far. The art is nice for the most part, only being off occasionally. They seem to have got the characterisation of the main cast right so far as well. There is one huge qualm I'm having with the comic so far, and that's the pacing. Everything goes by so fast. The fights tend to take the pattern of [ROBOT MASTER] takes a shot, Mega Man makes one shot back, [ROBOT MASTER] dies, Mega Man gets the power, rinse and repeat. This stuff goes by so fast that Elec Man gets killed off in the preview pages for the third comic. I didn't like how quickly they rushed over Mega Man's remorse for killing his brothers either. I'm not saying the brooding should've gone on forever (We'll have enough of that in the possible Mega Man X adaptions =P) but it should've went on for more than a couple of pages, and he seems to just forget it later on. I understand that they only have a finite amount of pages to work with, but I don't see why they couldn't have it so only one or two robot masters are encountered per comic, to prevent it from getting to the point where the Metools and Picket Men in Guts Man's stage put up more of a fight and had the same amount of screen (page?) time as the robot masters. I'm not trying to say it's a bad comic, because it's far from it. I just wish they would slow down with it a bit.