Awoo.

MegaMan Comes to Archie Comics

LunarEdge

Archie Sonic is not for Sonic fans. Archie Sonic is for Archie Sonic fans.

You gotta realize though that Archie is essentially SatAM the extended version. It's part of the East-West split that still confuses people about Robotnik's name. A Mega Man comic made in this era would hopefully avoid any mess like that.

Fuck this shit. Zero being a coward at all doesn't make any sense. It is like they confused Zero with Megaman. If they needed comedy, then they could have used the Guardians or even Weil...or anybody in the Resistance base. Shit, the Battle Network manga handled the series better than the anime!

Megaman's story is clear from the beginning. There wasn't any ambigious beginnings or untold stories. Sonic, on the otherhand, had numerous cartoons that didn't even make it to the game. If we had an origin for Sonic, he would literally have multiple backgrounds like the Joker. Megaman's story has always been consistent from day one. If there was ever a inconsistency in the plot, it would be an alternate universe or just plain ret-conned.

Fuck that Zero manga...

I don't remember Megaman ever being a coward. A little more playful or thoughtful towards like Roll and others, but never a coward.

• 2 months later...

Bad looking trailer, not that I expected any better. But the Endless Stage music? Classy.

The comic so far is looking just good enough for me to pick up the first issue, as promised.

May 11th is coming up soon and that means so does the Megaman Archie Comic.

I found an interesting trailer that was released for the comic...

http://geek-news.mtv.com/2011/04/29/new-mega-man-comic-book-trailer/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihSjKxybuxY

given the voice acting isn't too bad and there's cool 8bit music action! VA wouldn't matter anyway, seeing how it's a comic WOOT! lol

Edited by LunarEdge

I'm still annoyed by the fact that there's no international subscribtions. I really wanted to get the series <_<

By the way, I had no idea Roll was a Smurf.

Edited by MarcelloF

I'm not a big Mega Man fan myself but I will be reading the comic though my younger brother's subscription I'm pretty interested in it.

A thought! Although I bitched earlier in this topic about how the cover looks like MM8 verbatim, Spaz's art in the story proper is pretty cool and more defined. Being someone who endlessly criticizes his post-Adventure art in the Sonic series, I'm astonished.

Please read the topic next time. i posted that above yours the only difference is you somehow got a youtube version.

Convenience FTW lol. Yea i saw yours as soon as I posted mine. Youtube links are nice though. And I started this topic so BWAH! lol. Alas, you beat me to it haha

Edited by LunarEdge

Listen guys, I just wanted to ask... I'm Italian so I guess it would be impossible for me to order the first issue, am I right?

Whoa, this actually looks accurate to the Mega Man games.

With Archie's track record with certain game adaptations, I half-expected it to be some contrived continuation of the Ruby Spears cartoon that gradually and controversially got more game-like over time.

I think I'll actually have to check this out, because it looks pretty awesome. The art is fantastic (and on-model!), and the story looks like a faithful adaptation of the classic series I know and love. I'll be all over this, and hope the comic is successful.

With Archie's track record with certain game adaptations, I half-expected it to be some contrived continuation of the Ruby Spears cartoon that gradually and controversially got more game-like over time.

To be fair though, Sonic the Hedgehog had been licensed as an adaptation of the cartoons rather than the games, had this comic been made in the '90s, I bet it would have been based the Ruby-Spears show.

Whoa, this actually looks accurate to the Mega Man games.

I think I'll actually have to check this out, because it looks pretty awesome. The art is fantastic (and on-model!), and the story looks like a faithful adaptation of the classic series I know and love. I'll be all over this, and hope the comic is successful.

Yeah Capcom is being pretty stern with this comic. they want this comic to be respectful and follow the game's stories while having a few of its own adventures.

Yeah Capcom is being pretty stern with this comic. they want this comic to be respectful and follow the game's stories while having a few of its own adventures.

Capcom's said little about this comic. It's the guys actually working on it who have said they want to make it faithful while doing their own stories, too. =/

Edited by Immortheus

Capcom's said little about this comic. It's the guys actually working on it who have said they want to make it faithful while doing their own stories, too. =/

If we learned anything from sonic's comic is that the game company where the chraracter is from has all control in what goes in the comic or not. i'm sure capcom has their hands in this...

With luck, we'll be getting an appearance from Cossack a few arcs in.

With luck, we'll be getting an appearance from Cossack a few arcs in.

Assuming every game is a story arc, then Megaman 4 isn't too far off.

What i'm worried about is what are they going to do after MM10? Start with spin offs or something?

What i'm worried about is what are they going to do after MM10? Start with spin offs or something?

Well, assuming every game story is about one issue for every Robot Master, an introduction and an ending, Megaman 1 will have eight comics, with every other one having ten. So that's ninety eight comics*. Stretch it out two more and that's 100. There are only 12 months in a year. 100 comics is quite a long time, Capcom will more than likely have a lot more stuff for Classic Megaman by then.

*not including Megaman & Bass, Power Fighters 1/2, Wily Tower from Wily Wars, and the Gameboy Megaman games.

Well, assuming every game story is about one issue for every Robot Master, an introduction and an ending, Megaman 1 will have eight comics, with every other one having ten. So that's ninety eight comics*. Stretch it out two more and that's 100. There are only 12 months in a year. 100 comics is quite a long time, Capcom will more than likely have a lot more stuff for Classic Megaman by then.

*not including Megaman & Bass, Power Fighters 1/2, Wily Tower from Wily Wars, and the Gameboy Megaman games.

This has been brought up before; to be more precise, the comic will go in four issue arcs to adapt the games with some smaller side stories in between them to give the readers a small break. The game adaptations will include the arcade games, the Game Boy games, and most of the various spin-off, including the Mega Man and Bass Wonderswan game! =P

The above article also states how much Ian wants the premise to stay within the confines of the games only and to not deviate like what happened with the Sonic comics. This doesn't mean that there might be some original material down the line, but it won't be as bogged down like Sonic.

Here's the quote from the article if you guys missed it.

Newsarama: Ian, there have been a lot of Mega Man games over the years. How does the new comic tie into that continuity? And does it have anything to do with existing Japanese manga that featured the characters?

Ian Flynn: Mega Man will be looking strictly at the classic series for now. We’ll be telling the stories of Rock, A.K.A. Mega Man, in his never-ending battle with Dr. Wily. We’re hoping to be as faithful to the classic series as possible and including the events from more than just the main Mega Man 1-10 games.

Since Hitoshi Ariga’s Mega Man Megamix does similar, I’m sure there will be a few overlapping plot points in some of the arcs, but the two series aren’t connected in any way, aside from being about the Blue Bomber.

As well as this one that talks about revisiting other series down the line if the book sells well.

Edited by Illuminous_Orb

• 4 weeks later...