Awoo.

Sonic and the Black Knight Help Topic.

DarkDefeater

The tempo needed to land perfect hits varies from boss to boss (excluding the vs. Knights). The last one is actually a quite brisk pace while the rest are just somewhat faster renditions of the norm.

The stroke is worth figuring out because it will allow you to post the times necessary for 5-star scores.

Time may be part of it, but it's mostly avoiding being hit. I think.

Question:

Anyone managed to unlock

Excalibur Sonic

yet? I know the answer is that he doesn’t exist, but he is so stacked with awesome that it is worth asking anyway….

Chuck Norris is still more stacked with awesome.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ovarloard

• -Mark-

• Unholy Sonic

• DarkDefeater

Time may be part of it, but it's mostly avoiding being hit. I think.

Yeah, it is. But the faster you kill dudes like Lancelot and King Arthur, the less opportunities they have to score a cheap hit.

If you get all perfect hits on King Arthur, he’ll only have time to get 2 easily avoidable attacks off anyway. Nothing like slaying a King in sub 20 seconds :lol: .

Question:

Anyone managed to unlock

Excalibur Sonic

yet? I know the answer is that he doesn’t exist, but he is so stacked with awesome that it is worth asking anyway….

Kick Chuck Norris' ass; and as we all know, it just doesn't happen.

What does the crest of fire do? Just out of curiosity.

3 words....

IT

KICKS

ASS

But with details:

On paladin style with the crest of fire, while running, don't stop swinging the wii remote and he will keep attacking without slowing down the running speed and slaying everything in its path without making those mini jump when attacking making yourself the ultimate knight in Camelot.

This is the power of the Crest of Fire.

3 words....

IT

KICKS

ASS

But with details:

On paladin style with the crest of fire, while running, don't stop swinging the wii remote and he will keep attacking without slowing down the running speed and slaying everything in its path without making those mini jump when attacking making yourself the ultimate knight in Camelot.

This is the power of the Crest of Fire.

What DOESN't kick ass is that you need to get every(?) Follower in the game in order to unlock it.

So wait, how do you actually use it? I never even noticed. Probably because I just stuck to Knight Style once I'd maxed out all styles. D=

This might have already been brought up earlier in the topic and if so I apologize, but....

I've unlocked some voice overs for the other characters and began listening to them, and I hear Shadow say something like "I must simply avoid all of the townsfolk". However, since the other characters don't go to zones that have townsfolk in them, he doesn't really have any business saying this.

So is there some secret way to get the characters in other levels (all 5 star ranks maybe?), or did they simply record these voice overs before realizing that they weren't going to use them?

So wait, how do you actually use it? I never even noticed. Probably because I just stuck to Knight Style once I'd maxed out all styles. D=

Well when you go on the blacksmith menu and choose "status" you can see all of the abilities of the styles so if it's lit up in white then its available to be used.

To unlock the crest of fire (wich took me ages...) you must unlock all the stage cause.... you need all the followers in the stage wich is a total of 25000 followers.

Once that is done you must be in paladin style at max level since you can see it in the list of abilities only at max level even if it's not avalable to be used yet.

Then when you unlock the ability..... take paladin style and while youre running, just flic the remote to he slashed eveything in front of him without ever slowing down the speed.

Just some answers I came up with in scrolling through the discussion looking for answers to MY question:

Well right now im stuck for 2 missions:

Defeat 10 Will O' Wips:

I can't survive after the 7th.... I can't continue the chain kills to get rings....

The way you do it is Sir Gawain. His Soul Surge throws his swords at things, so you can smash the wisps from afar without recieving any damage.

Anyone know where to find Arthur's Legend 5?

It's the last book I need in order to unlock King Arthur in Battle mode...

I definatly got it in one of the Deep Woods missions; I think it was Special Challenge: Reach the Misty Lake, but it might have been Go for the Goal. One of those two, anyway. It might have been in a red chest, but I'm not sure.

EDIT: Actually, that might have been #1, not #5. Sorry.

I need help finding the music medals, anyone know where I could find them?

Only seem to have Blaze's so far, and I'll need at least 6 more (if there is that many, and not counting Seven Rings in hand) for when I show off the Legacy stages in my playthrough.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I think you usually get them from the relevant boss fight, but I got both Medallion of Sonic AND Medallion of Gawain from the Titan Plains Legacy mission.

Reach the goal in Mist Ruins:

God dam Will O' wips and blocks on the rails wich kept me falling and dying....

How can i destroy the blocks AND defeat the will o' wips without dying!?

And this is my question too. How the HELL do you do that mission? There's just a section where the grind rails are full of blocks, and you auto-jump onto the rails STRAIGHT INTO the blocks before you have any chance to sword-swing and smash them. And even if you could smash 'em, I see Will o' the Wisps further along the track that would go on to toast me.

People have said "Soul Surge it", but as far as I can tell Soul-Surging Will o' the Wisps only works as Gawain (as explained above), and the Misty Lake mission ain't one where you can play as him. :/

Edited by Frozen Nitrogen

To use the Soul Surge against the Will-o-the-Wisp, you must swing the nunchuk, not the wiimote. That way, instead of attacking with his sword, Sonic will perform a kick that may send the Will-o-the-Wisp into blocks (destroying the blocks), or into other Will-o-the-Wisps (provoking a chain reaction).

Yeah. What Core said. I don't think the blocks that the Will O' the Wisps are supposed to break can be sliced by the swords, so Gawain wouldn't work anyways.

Well thanks even tho I found my answer on the 12th march.... but anyway you can't take gawain... know why?

Its a Sonic Only Mission. Simple as that.

To use the Soul Surge against the Will-o-the-Wisp, you must swing the nunchuk, not the wiimote. That way, instead of attacking with his sword, Sonic will perform a kick that may send the Will-o-the-Wisp into blocks (destroying the blocks), or into other Will-o-the-Wisps (provoking a chain reaction).

Y thankyou. It worked like a charm. I didn't even know the nunchuk motion gave you a move at all, let alone a potentially useful one.

This is what I get for not reading the manual...

This might have already been brought up earlier in the topic and if so I apologize, but....

I've unlocked some voice overs for the other characters and began listening to them, and I hear Shadow say something like "I must simply avoid all of the townsfolk". However, since the other characters don't go to zones that have townsfolk in them, he doesn't really have any business saying this.

So is there some secret way to get the characters in other levels (all 5 star ranks maybe?), or did they simply record these voice overs before realizing that they weren't going to use them?

I think you can go back to missions you're already beaten as the other characters.

Well thanks even tho I found my answer on the 12th march.... but anyway you can't take gawain... know why?

Its a Sonic Only Mission. Simple as that.

We've established that.

People have said "Soul Surge it", but as far as I can tell Soul-Surging Will o' the Wisps only works as Gawain (as explained above), and the Misty Lake mission ain't one where you can play as him. :/

See?

This is what I get for not reading the manual...

There was one spot in the manual where it talks about the kick. It tells you to shake the nunchuck during Soul Surge to bump enemies and items. It never said anything specific about Will O' the Wisps. I didn't know what they were until I came across the mission where you have to defeat them.

So reading the manual wouldn't have helped much anyways.

There are a lot of the voiceovers that never got used (especially for Tails, who, among other things, informs you he can't repair your weapon while it's equipped). But aren't there any red areas with Rush Hour missions or something? I haven't unlocked them all yet.

There are a lot of the voiceovers that never got used (especially for Tails, who, among other things, informs you he can't repair your weapon while it's equipped). But aren't there any red areas with Rush Hour missions or something? I haven't unlocked them all yet.

I don't belive there are any Rush Hour missions available for anyone but Sonic; I can't check at the moment but I have finished all the missions, and I have no recollection of one of these.

Also... repairing weapons? How does that work? I didn't know the swords would break or get dull or something.

That was my point - that recording wasn't used in the game. It sounds as if at one point there was an idea at least to have the weapons become damaged and need repair, but it was either cut later or never developed. However they'd recorded Tails' line in case they did use it. Not everything in the voices section is actually used in the game as finished. Which was the original question, but I couldn't answer about Shadow's line specifically, so I gave an alternate example.

Where does Tails say anything about repairing weapons? I've already beaten the entire game and haven't heard anything like that.

Also, has anyone else 5-starred Lancelot Returns while still being hit once? It's strange... I thought if you got hit even once the ranking automatically went down to 4 stars or less.

Before the game was released, there was some buzz about upgrading and changing weapons. It seems to have been cut, though.

Before the game was released, there was some buzz about upgrading and changing weapons. It seems to have been cut, though.

Uhh... not that I've made much use of the Blacksmith's services, but can't you still do this? He crafts superior versions of the Knights of the Round Table's weapons if you throw gems and swords at him. And you can switch the KotRT's swords on the equipment menu...?

Where does Tails say anything about repairing weapons? I've already beaten the entire game and haven't heard anything like that.

Also, has anyone else 5-starred Lancelot Returns while still being hit once? It's strange... I thought if you got hit even once the ranking automatically went down to 4 stars or less.

Well in my case I got hit twice yet I for 4 stars... maybe it's because I finished him in 48 sec, under the 1min of the past games to have a perfect score.

Uhh... not that I've made much use of the Blacksmith's services, but can't you still do this? He crafts superior versions of the Knights of the Round Table's weapons if you throw gems and swords at him. And you can switch the KotRT's swords on the equipment menu...?

Eh, I must have misinterpreted something somewhere. I guess it's more along the lines of being so limited in scope that it's only there on a technicality.