Awoo.

Sonic and the Black Knight Help Topic.

DarkDefeater

This thread is preety self-explanatory. Post things you need help with, and hopefully someone will answer.

I've having a very hard time with the 2nd Lancelot fight. His Chaos Blast is a beast, and no matter what timing I use, he wins every single sword lock. Any help?

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ovarloard

• -Mark-

• Unholy Sonic

• DarkDefeater

HELP ME~!

I'm having a horrible time even landing the first blow on King Arthur the second time you face him. It's PISSING ME OFF. This is worse then the trouble I had with Gawain and Percival! I CANNOT get beside him to whack him one (I can't pick up anymore speed, and he just stays ahead)! Anyone got any suggestions? There's no info on this yet and just... AAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Help please! (which will probably be too late when I finally get it)

I won all 3 knight fights through sheer crappy luck- after multiple deaths on the last two. -aggravated sigh- BLAH!!!!

-to be safe-

To catch up to him, jump in the air, then use the Soul boost. You'll catch up to him instantly.

To catch up to him, jump in the air, then use the Soul boost. You'll catch up to him instantly.

I have no idea what you're talking about. Are you talking about the first, or the second time you face Arthur (which is after you're faced Percival)?

I think I've tried jumping (with it full), and it doesn't activate. -sighs- I sort of got the hang of it, but it's actually hitting him now that's driving me insane. I've been at this for over 40 minutes and have yet to hit him once. I'm sick of it for now, so I'll go back to it later or tomorrow.

Just jump, press B, then thrust the wiimote forward.

Afterwards, you'll need to hit him with a series of timed slashes.

HELP ME~!

I'm having a horrible time even landing the first blow on King Arthur the second time you face him. It's PISSING ME OFF. This is worse then the trouble I had with Gawain and Percival! I CANNOT get beside him to whack him one (I can't pick up anymore speed, and he just stays ahead)! Anyone got any suggestions? There's no info on this yet and just... AAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Help please! (which will probably be too late when I finally get it)

I won all 3 knight fights through sheer crappy luck- after multiple deaths on the last two. -aggravated sigh- BLAH!!!!

-to be safe-

Here's a tip that can help you. Have you notices how his attacks works? That attack where he lifts his left hand and shoots the red spore things at you? Use can use that for your advantage. As soon as they come into your reach, jump and strike them. They will redirect and hit the Black Knight, slowing him down. Plus, this fills up your Soul gauge. Once it's 3/4 full, wait for him to do that spore attack again. Press the button and shake the Wii-mote. That will allow you to repel all the spores back at him, charging your gauge even more. Since this slows down the Black knight, Sonic will automatically jump on him and you'll have to perform another QTE Sword moment. Be careful, Like Sir Gawain and Lady Percival, there will be gaps in the sequences to psyche you out so be prepared.

Once you do this two times (I believe.), his pattern will become more difficult. Still use the spores for your advantage. He will throw them in a different pattern this time so it will have a better chance of hitting you. (Ready your shield at anytime. Don't worry about it stopping you.)He'll also scatter them on the ground and then charge at you, possibly twice in a row. Once your soul gauge is filled up like before, for the spore attack (the one that was similar to the easy version of the attack.) and do the same thing. The rest is up to your timing.

This thread is preety self-explanatory. Post things you need help with, and hopefully someone will answer.

I've having a very hard time with the 2nd Lancelot fight. His Chaos Blast is a beast, and no matter what timing I use, he wins every single sword lock. Any help?

Dude, I just finished that boss fight. I'll tell you what I know, but I'll warn you that you'll STILL be in for a fight!

Lancelot Returns

Okay this time, Sir Lancelot isn't holding back at all. Just waggling all day will get you killed in 10 secs flat. Do you know how to Perfect Shield? This is when you use the shield move right before the attack makes contact with you. This will work on Lancelot's sword attacks, Chaos Spear, his barrier, and his Choas Punishment. This charges up your Soul Gauge as well. Hold on to that for later use and try to fill it up as much as possible. Now, His favorite moves are his three swing combo, Choas spear, barrier and thrust. When your close in his face, his use the combo; when you're a short distance away, he'll trust; when your far away, he'll throw the Choas Spears at you(Or use Chaos Control to get close to you.); if your attack is extremely noticeable, or if you strike to soon or too late, he'll pull his barrier up. Don't attack him unless he's busy if another attack. He'll strike you in the air everytime.

Three swing combo: Use the shield, a Perfect Shield (Or P-Shield), to block this. If you were able to P-Shield, Sonic will be able to block the entire sequence. If not, Sir Lancelot third strike can break through defense. So once he stop swinging his sword after the second strike, back step(Or jump back, whatever it's called.) IMMEDIATELY!

Chaos Spear: These are excellent for charging up your souls gauge! Once he throws them at you, P-Shield them. If he's still far away, he'll do it again. Keep this up until he gets close to you. Then he'll either thrust(mostly.) or three swing combo.

Soul Surge: This is helpful when fighting him. Once you think you have enough, strike him and that will get some easier hits in. Only use this when he's preparing his Chaos Spear attack. Another attempt will resort into a QTE sequence or he'll counter with his stupid barrier. (I hate that barrier. XP)

Thrust: His thrust has a lot of range, so make sure you have good distance from him to counter it with YOUR thrust. Other sword moves can work, but this works best. But once two thrusts collide, GET READY FOR...

SWORD QTE: Unlike the other duels, this one doesn't punishment for swinging too early AT THE START ONLY. So waggle the wii-mote carefully to match the prompt. Then you'll have to do six really fast QTE to beat him in this little face-off. BE QUICK, as soon as the prompt so up, swing. Do not be a second late, or he'll prevail. A helpful hint, once you pass first and second QTE prompt, stay in rhythm. Because, if you nail these sequences, they'll take a good chunk of Lancelot's health away, then his attack pattern will change to a more difficult one.

His Choas Spear will increase in numbers, from 3 to 6 to 12, and in speed(And he will attack you while shooting them. So once they hit 12, just jump back continuously to avoid.); He'll use Chaos Punishment after his three hit combo for a extra hit; he'll do an aerial attack after he uses Chaos Control. There's a lot to prepare with fighting this guy. All I can say is think defensively, or you'll pay for it! Also, try to keep your cool.

I hope this helps and good luck to the both of you. :)

Edited by YoshiUnity

Since I haven't gotten a straight answer on this before, asking here would be a better idea.

When you unlock Blaze, Knuckles and Shadow, can you play as them on any stage freely, and optionally, like in Sonic Advance games?

Since I haven't gotten a straight answer on this before, asking here would be a better idea.

When you unlock Blaze, Knuckles and Shadow, can you play as them on any stage freely, and optionally, like in Sonic Advance games?

Once you beat the first half of the story, you'll be able to switch between any of the three knights for the neck four levels only. The Great Megalith, The Cauldron, Shrouded Forest, and Dragon's lair. Everything else, you can only use Sonic.

Curse Lancelot. When it comes to the sword qte, I never can get past the first hit.

Don't worry man. You'll get it, but it will take time. Shoot, it took me 25 times to beat the guy without dying. :P How you do swing the Wii-mote? With a big arm movements or by flicking your wrist?

Edited by YoshiUnity

It's a wrist flick.

Hmm, then it should be working good for you. How about this? Do you waggle the wii-mote once you lock up with Lancelot? Doing this will help you prepare for the first prompt. (Since it starts random.) Once the swords clash, RIGHT after the sparks fly, swing again. Be quick and be careful not to swing two times for one prompt or he'll win.

Edited by YoshiUnity

Maybe that's my problem. I keep swinging when I shoudn't.

Oh Lancelot will punish you for that. Like I said in the post earlier, just try to keep your cool. You'll still have one HELL of a fight, but it helps.

Once he reaches 6-12 spears, I guess the only thing one can do is avoid.

I try power shielding them with marginal success. Often, when my defenses are exhausted, he'll finish me off with a combo. :/

Just how many hp does this guy have? I know bosses are supposed to have lots of hp, but this is silly. Especially, when you're dead after six hits. :/

If I didn't know better, I'd say this is the toughest boss fight in Sonic history.

To heck with this. I'm tired of all the difficulty with all the sword locks. I'm going to level up some; I should have done that earlier.

A good trick I learned though is that when he begins to teleport, jump. After he's done teleporting, he'll be right below you, making him vulnerable to a spinning slash.

Edited by DarkDefeater

Once he reaches 6-12 spears, I guess the only thing one can do is avoid.

I try power shielding them with marginal success. Often, when my defenses are exhausted, he'll finish me off with a combo. :/

Just how many hp does this guy have? I know bosses are supposed to have lots of hp, but this is silly. Especially, when you're dead after six hits. :/

If I didn't know better, I'd say this is the toughest boss fight in Sonic history.

To heck with this. I'm tired of all the difficulty with all the sword locks. I'm going to level up some; I should have done that earlier.

A good trick I learned though is that when he begins to teleport, jump. After he's done teleporting, he'll be right below you, making him vulnerable to a spinning slash.

He has a lot of it. But once he starts teleporting and using Chaos Spear x 12, your getting close to beating him.

I'll say that he is one of the toughest as well, because his attack pattern doesn't repeat. Leveling up could help. Switching to Paladin Style might help as well. That's what I used.

And that's a good tip. I wish I saw that when playing against him.

I need help with The Cauldron, and the forest level with living trees, lol.

The Cauldron and The Shrouded Forest. What you you need help with? Be more specific please.

Edited by YoshiUnity

The Cauldron and The Shrouded Forest. What you you need help with? Be more specific please.

In The Cauldron, I get stuck about halfway through the level, when you're on narrow rock and you basically keep running past enemies and lava geysers while jumping every so often to dodge the lava below.

In The Shrouded Forest, I get stuck about halfway through the level as well, when you're pretty much running through the place while tree roots are appearing below you. The damn roots always kill me, lol.

Ok. I'm trying the Molten Mine Grind Challenge just for the hell of it and I can't seem to make the final jump at the end of the rail before the goal. I'm not sure if is because I didn't jump high enough or something. Any tips to make it pass that mission?

Thanks for the help- I'm still stuck on it, but I finally saw a battle, and I realized (after applying the help you gave) that I only had one swing left before being able to beat Arthur. Which pisses me off to no end, since I've been stuck at that point now for 2 friggin' days.

At least there was a youtube video of that fight so I can learn from it. -long exasperated sigh-

Also... I guess I should probably have read the manual or something, but since I have no strat. guide or faq to go from...

There's a leveling up system? I mean, I know you leveled up but.... maybe I'm over thinking it rpg style.. -shrugs-

How do you choose between things like paladin and such? I feel rather stupid right now, considering how far into the game I am but uh... anyways.... -curls-

Thanks for the help- I'm still stuck on it, but I finally saw a battle, and I realized (after applying the help you gave) that I only had one swing left before being able to beat Arthur. Which pisses me off to no end, since I've been stuck at that point now for 2 friggin' days.

At least there was a youtube video of that fight so I can learn from it. -long exasperated sigh-

Also... I guess I should probably have read the manual or something, but since I have no strat. guide or faq to go from...

There's a leveling up system? I mean, I know you leveled up but.... maybe I'm over thinking it rpg style.. -shrugs-

How do you choose between things like paladin and such? I feel rather stupid right now, considering how far into the game I am but uh... anyways.... -curls-

Yeah no problem. There's a leveling up system. The more citizen you help, the more points you recieve to level up. Unlocking more moves and strengthening others.

The Paladin and Cavalier Style? Yeeeeah... about those... You'll have to beat the Black Knight to unlock them. In fact, once you're able to play as Lancelot, Gawain, and Percival, you'll unlock them.

Ok. I'm trying the Molten Mine Grind Challenge just for the hell of it and I can't seem to make the final jump at the end of the rail before the goal. I'm not sure if is because I didn't jump high enough or something. Any tips to make it pass that mission?

Sorry to say, but I haven't tried that challenge yet. If I'm able to beat it, I'll tell you how I did so. :)

In The Cauldron, I get stuck about halfway through the level, when you're on narrow rock and you basically keep running past enemies and lava geysers while jumping every so often to dodge the lava below.

In The Shrouded Forest, I get stuck about halfway through the level as well, when you're pretty much running through the place while tree roots are appearing below you. The damn roots always kill me, lol.

For the Cauldron, passing the flare are easier than it looks. Once they completely delves into the lava, that your chance to cross it. Press A twice to cross the large gap. Lancelot can homing Kick, Gawain can glide and Percival has a double jump. I think Percival was recommended for this stage. There's one moment when you'll have to cross a gap with three flares while standing on a crooked platform. Wait until the last flare to completely delve into the lave then cross it.

The Shrouded Forest. Lancelot is recommended for this. When crossing the thorns, use your second jump to gain more distance. Also make sure your character is running at full speed to make the jump. Also, if the trees keep hitting you, just strike them. You'll chop there branches off.

Hope this helps.

Edited by YoshiUnity

Oh, I know exactly what you're talking about. Do you know how to climb the walls using your sword? I don't have the game in front of me right now, so I don't remember for sure - but I think you press either push A while you're in mid-jump or flick the remote while you're in mid-jump, and Sonic will slam his sword into the rock wall. Then just keep pressing A to hop upward until you flip onto the platform.

The Paladin and Cavalier Style? Yeeeeah... about those... You'll have to beat the Black Knight to unlock them. In fact, once you're able to play as Lancelot, Gawain, and Percival, you'll unlock them.

Actually, I'm still trying to beat the Arthur, and I'm currently using the Paladin Style. I was using Cavalier earlier, but I hoped the fight-heavy version would help out. I think they unlocked with my second Squire rank, but I'm not sure - I didn't realize I wasn't supposed to have them yet! So you don't have to beat - did you mean the Black Knight Arthur or the Black Knight game? - either way, I haven't beat him/it yet and I do have the styles unlocked. Try doing a few runs through the chivalrous missions, that may help

Yeah no problem. There's a leveling up system. The more citizen you help, the more points you recieve to level up. Unlocking more moves and strengthening others.

..so I'm not being a total twat? Good. That makes me feel better. ._.

Edit: FINALLY AFTER 2 FRIGGIN' DAYS AND A GOOD 3 HOURS WORTH OF MY TIME, I FINALLY BEAT HIM!!!! AUGH!!! -feels pathetic and tired now-

Edited by YumeTakato

Edit: FINALLY AFTER 2 FRIGGIN' DAYS AND A GOOD 3 HOURS WORTH OF MY TIME, I FINALLY BEAT HIM!!!! AUGH!!! -feels pathetic and tired now-

And the game is still not over. LOL