Awoo.

Assassin's Creed 2

Patticus

I didn't like the first (but that's mainly due to my anti-Ubisoft bias) but this is already sounding far less flaws.

As in the flaws the first game had (shitty colour, repetetive, can't swim ;)) seem to have already been fixed, and the game's not gonna be out for a looong time.

The game will be out this year, "Holiday Season 2009" is the current projected date and I can't see it slipping. Not long to go.

The year is turning out surprisingly well: Brand new Ace Attorney, Assassin's Creed, Bioshock, Call of Juarez, Grand Theft Auto, Just Cause, Mafia, Modern Warfare (formerly CoD6), Red Dead, Red Faction, Total War, FUEL...

The funny thing is I only want one of those titles =_=

For me there's 2 KH titles on the way, DISSIDIA, Tekken 6, LBP PSP, and hopefully Crystal Bearers, amongst others.

Pikmin 3 and Pokémon GSC remakes too please D:

I don't get how "next gen = brown" ended up becoming the new fad for quite a few next-gen games. Sure, brown is appropriate for some surfaces, but real life has lots of colours. Real is not brown, and it looks crap, enough said.

AC2 is looking better than its predecessor in this department, but I'll wait until the first gameplay vids appear before I make more a judgment on that.

Edited by Soma Cruz

I love how alot of people here are saying that this gen=brown darker duller colors. I mean have you not played sonic unleashed, 06, Halo 3, halo wars, Ninja gaiden 2, castle crashers, the or for guitar hero games, the 3 Rock band games, almost all of the wii games, almost every movie game, any nicktoons & disney game, and rachet and clank? Hell even most of the launch titles for 360 were colorful. (perfect dark and Kameo anyone?)

Sounds like this gen has been really colorful to me. Anyone else agree?

Hmmmm....

I guess looking at the scans colored my perception of the real shots. AC2 seems to have a lot more color than most BnB games, it's looking pretty good. On the other hand, there are games like RE 5, where the entire game looks "underexposed". They were trying to make the game look hostile, so I guess it's ok there.

A funny though I found out: Putting a grainy filter over the entire screen fools the viewer into thinking there's more "information" on screen then there actually is.

I love how alot of people here are saying that this gen=brown darker duller colors. I mean have you not played sonic unleashed, 06, Halo 3, halo wars, Ninja gaiden 2, castle crashers, the or for guitar hero games, the 3 Rock band games, almost all of the wii games, almost every movie game, any nicktoons & disney game, and rachet and clank? Hell even most of the launch titles for 360 were colorful. (perfect dark and Kameo anyone?)

Not saying most of the gen is brown, but there are more and more games that do the "brown = realistic" thing. Halo 3 looks great, even if it's not that detailed, because it's colourful and it looks interesting.

Sonic Unleashed's locations look more realistic than most brown games, and it's one of the most visually beautiful games I've ever played. The thing is, the games you've listed there are fantasy games, with no intention of seeming realistic.

@ Somacruz.

When I read that quote from Bullet Bull in Super Paper Mario I literally fell to the floor laughing. It was so satrical, I memorised it and posted it wherever I could T-T

Link-->

The thing is, the games you've listed there are fantasy games, with no intention of seeming realistic.

Okay a few realistic games...

Perfect dark, Halo, Any NFS game, Midnight club games, GTA 4 (sadly), NG2, heavenly sword or whatever that title is, any sports games, rainbow six, COD, do I need to go on?

Okay a few realistic games...

Perfect dark, Halo, Any NFS game, Midnight club games, GTA 4 (sadly), NG2, heavenly sword or whatever that title is, any sports games, rainbow six, COD, do I need to go on?

That's more like it. Like I said before, I'm not denying that there are lots of perfectly realistic, vivid and colourful games this gen, I'm just annoyed that so many "stylised atmospheres" have to be brown.

Too bad Prince of Persia IV was a nuked down version of its last-gen predecessors.

The two-on-one fights with the Prince and Elika vs the Darkness monsters was pretty much an attack until you get an open hit. At times you and the monster could keep swordswiping at each other's blocks until you got sick and used Elika to break through the monster's defenses.

And the exploration...was another bland feature. I like the idea of running, jumping and swinging over obstacles, but not for the sake of just getting around...or atleast not in the fashion they did in Prince of Persia IV.

I could go on, but overall, game really lost me...<_<

It was also overshadowed by AC I guess, which had everything of the 6th gen PoP trilogy and more (except colour, it had less of that)

They need to do something really different with PoP again, although I doubt any of them will ever face up to Sands of Time again, not even AC can.

Edited by SuperLink

• 3 weeks later...

Ok this isn't an official ad. But it's pretty good eventhough it's obviously LA and the guy is wearing sport shoes. I wouldn't be surprised if a Tempest member was working on an ad because one of them is Free Running Champ and they also did Mirror's Edge as well.

Edited by turbojet

• 2 months later...

Limited Edition revealed! According to Ign, Ebgames and other game sites/stores the LE version will come with...

- 8.5 inch Collectable Ezio Statue

- Artbook: The Art of Assassins Creed

- Premium Collectable Metal Case

- Two Exclusive, in-game maps:

- Palazzo Medici

- Santa Maria Dei Frari

- Additional content DVD:

- Behind the scenes of Assassin's Creed

- Assassin's Creed II Soundtrack

- And ebgames is selling it for $80!!! Thats hella good for a Limited Edition. Beats the crap out of ODST's Collector's edition. freakin $100 and all you get is a extra controller <_<

The statue looks kinda kool and the 2 extra maps/areas might be fun. I'm still thinkin about the LE version but NO MATTER WHAT, I will be getting this game this year.

Edit: my fault it not the Collector's edition... its called "Assassin’s Creed II: The Master Assassin’s Edition "

Edited by Shadic the original

• 3 weeks later...

Double post....

Anyways New gameplay/interview video. It's worth looking at because is shows off new mechanics and a new city and.....THE GUN!

ooooo...

Well I like the look of the game and I never played the first one so I'm gonna go ahead and get II for the Master Assassins Edition and see what it's like. I'm on a roll with gaming this year, I'm probably gonna have at least 20 new games by the years end. Oh yeah those mechanics are nice, I like killing people... in games.

Edited by silencer226

• 2 weeks later...

Dammit, dammit, DAMMIT!

Shit, damn, monkeyfuck, crapula, goddammit....

Oh, sorry. Was that outloud? I'm not expecint too much of this game, yet they add some reallly good content to it game. I'm starting to become impressed. Though final judgement rests when I play the game myself.

^ Yeah i know...that trailer was soo good. The music, the scenes and stunts they used worked really well. I'm just waiting for my time to play the game...I can't wait!!

Too bad Prince of Persia IV was a nuked down version of its last-gen predecessors.

The two-on-one fights with the Prince and Elika vs the Darkness monsters was pretty much an attack until you get an open hit. At times you and the monster could keep swordswiping at each other's blocks until you got sick and used Elika to break through the monster's defenses.

And the exploration...was another bland feature. I like the idea of running, jumping and swinging over obstacles, but not for the sake of just getting around...or atleast not in the fashion they did in Prince of Persia IV.

I could go on, but overall, game really lost me...<_<

This bugs me. Lots of people I see on forums keep calling the game POP4, even though if anything it should be Prince of Persia VII!

• 3 weeks later...