Awoo.

Assassin's Creed 2

Patticus

Have a printer and webcam handy, just in case.

http://assassinscreed.uk.ubi.com/assassins-creed-2/teaser/

The teaser trailer seems to depict ancient writings about the order of Assassins, sketches of their hidden blade equipment, and, at the end, the possible implication that one Leonardo Da Vinci is somehow involved in this whole sordid affair; his iconic image of a man spread-eagled in a large circle is used, and interestingly a sketch of an artificial wing sits beside it.

Those who played the first game might recall that Abstergo and its many predecessor Templar front organisations were apparently responsible for every advancement in the AC universe's past thousand or so years, so... was Da Vinci in on it, was he a Templar too?

I'm almost rabid with anticipation.

It's not really doing much for me, sadly.

Assassin's Creed kinda wore off on me right when I got all the gear I really needed and didn't really last long after that because of it being so repetitive. Although I will admit that this is getting me somewhat tense in how this sequel will play out, because I'm hoping it'll be less repetitive than the last installment and will keep in imersed into it.

If the impressions of the gameplay trailer shown in private last year are anything to go by, if they're accurate, then this game will hold much more variety than AC1. Hiring people to distract your targets, dressing up in flamboyant and colourful costumes, flintlock pistols; these lie among the possibilities thrown up by those impressions.

I don't understand you people, it wasn't that bad a game by any means. You all must've let the hype get to you, leading inevitably to a spiral into depression as the game wore on. I went in with fairly low expectations long after its release and was very pleasantly surprised, but then again given my predisposition for enjoying historical things and counter-factual, alternative histories perhaps that's to be expected.

I don't understand you people, it wasn't that bad a game by any means. You all must've let the hype get to you, leading inevitably to a spiral into depression as the game wore on. I went in with fairly low expectations long after its release and was very pleasantly surprised, but then again given my predisposition for enjoying historical things and counter-factual, alternative histories perhaps that's to be expected.

It wasn't high expectatation, but the repetitivenss of the game. After awhile, it became a chore and they're parts of it that seemed broken like the whole drunken hobo fiasco. I mean that I bought the first one over Ratchet and Clank, and I was pissed. It had the potential to be a great game,but the actual gameplay became extremely tedious and not really "fun" after awhile.

Youtube

Edited by turbojet

The first 2-3 hours of the game are pretty cool, so much in fact you can overlook the insane amount of absolutely retarded design flaws. Then you hit the point where you've done and seen everything the game has to offer, and there's still 6 or more assassinations to do (which happens to be more than 50% of the game length). Cue in depression spiral.

If at least the storyline was good, but it wasn't the case. Unexciting plot, boring twist, characters with less charisma than a generic buffed up bald space marine in armor fighting equally generic alien monsters and an ending so offensive I had to call an exorcist.

The first 2-3 hours of the game are pretty cool, so much in fact you can overlook the insane amount of absolutely retarded design flaws. Then you hit the point where you've done and seen everything the game has to offer, and there's still 6 or more assassinations to do (which happens to be more than 50% of the game length). Cue in depression spiral.

If at least the storyline was good, but it wasn't the case. Unexciting plot, boring twist, characters with less charisma than a generic buffed up bald space marine in armor fighting equally generic alien monsters and an ending so offensive I had to call an exorcist.

How was the storyline offensive? Unless you are a devout Christian, I don't see how the story was offensive. If you searched around the Abstergo lab and studied and researched those symbols closely, you might have a greater appreciation for it. I thought the story was tops and all that needed tweaking was the gameplay.

Edited by turbojet

Offensive as terrible, mind you. The only thing resembling a plot was found on the lab segments, which accounted for 1% of the game.

And right when you finish with Altair and you're thinking "oh, I guess now comes the big finale, we're going to see some development at last", the camera zooms to the blackboard and BAM CREDITS.

At that point I double-checked to ensure my game wasn't bugged and skipped the final levels or something directly to the credits. Which could've been possible given how little QA Ubi performed.

Edited by Dobkeratops

I don't know who you're refering to, but I couldn't care less about the hype associated with it than it was seeing the thing in action. Games set in the ancient Jerusalem really don't catch my eye very well than it may others because I prefer mroe sci-fi like setting most of the time (more so than the Animus project), and to be honest I thought the game was going to be pretty cruddy before I ever played it.

I saw the game in action. And seeing Altair doing parkour moves and hiding from the guards look pretty cool to me, so I got the game. It was about the first game I played that had parkour/free-running in it, and that was just something I thought was really innovative when it came along with the environment. Had fun with it from the start, and then right when I got in the mid part of the game where I got most of the weapons, the game loses whatever charm it had after a few hours.

The game isn't all that great to me at all.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

According to Kotaku, people picking through the teaser have discovered that there'll be a proper trailer out next week.

According to Kotaku, people picking through the teaser have discovered that there'll be a proper trailer out next week.

i'll wait until I see a "gameplay" trailer. Ubisoft is notorious for tantalizing people with CGI. They got me 3 times <_< .

Game Informers Next issue will have info on Assasins Creed 2,

which is 4.16.09.

Also, the ending is the part were i facepalm at. This is the only game so far that shows the stupid, never going to happen, end of the world date from the Mayans, 12/21/2012. Fucking stupid.

Edited by PSI Wind FTW!

Also, the ending is the part were i facepalm at. This is the only game so far that shows the stupid, never going to happen, end of the world date from the Mayans, 12/21/2012. Fucking stupid.

Game developers in "taking creative license with ancient mythology" shocker!

You realize why it's called fiction, right? It's made by developers with different religious beliefs, and so they'll play around with whatever ancient myths they can to make a story.

I just think they should've made the story better by not making that stupid lab idea and letting you go around the game as it is because the game was already original.

Edited by PSI Wind FTW!

If you searched around the Abstergo lab and studied and researched those symbols closely, you might have a greater appreciation for it. I thought the story was tops and all that needed tweaking was the gameplay.

That part of the ending of the game is only worth something when you as you say research the things after you've seen them. Sadly enough for someone like me. I already knew all those symbols, drawings, names and their mythology. I was a bit surprised to see it but it didn't really add much to the ending since I know all about that stuff.

But I have to agree the story itself wasn't bad though it could have been better. What bothers me though is the stupid decision not being able to skip their damn long story cutscenes when replaying certain missions. And yes the gameplay certainly needed tweaking and way more variation.

That's about the only really bad thing I found about the game that it's so much of the same for the rest I enjoyed the title.

And as for you D'harhan I don't know if they'll make good old Leonardo a templar. Would be kinda weird it they did but hey it's their story. It might just be in there to give people an idea of where it's set and around what time.

If they add some variation to the gameplay and delve a lot deeper into mythology this might be the game that the first AC should have been.

I liked the first game, just spent most of the time killing random people and see how quickly i could get away.

The only thing that bugged me was the flags you could collect. All it did was unlock an acheivement on the Xbox, i have the PS3 version - it was so amazingly pointless.

i heard you can swim in the second one though.

That part of the ending of the game is only worth something when you as you say research the things after you've seen them. Sadly enough for someone like me. I already knew all those symbols, drawings, names and their mythology. I was a bit surprised to see it but it didn't really add much to the ending since I know all about that stuff.

I meant not the actual symbols but the board room in the back. Many people miss that and its crucial to the storyline. It contains many spoilers.

Big Assassins Creed 2 Spoilers today!

- You'll have a ton of new weapons to choose from including an axe, a hammer, a mace, a spear, 2 different sword types, a spear axe, and 2 smaller blades

- You CAN swim

- Da Vincis workshop is in the game

- Locations include Saint Marks Basilica, The Grand Canal, The Little Canal, and the Rialto bridge.

- The game opens in 1476, Altair is from 1191

- So you do indeed play as a new ancestor of Altair / Desmond

-You will see the countryside of Tuscany

- The "Auditore" family is mentioned

- The main characters name is Ezio Auditore de Firenze

- He is a nobleman of Florence

- Big characters are in the game including Machiavelli, Caterina Sofrza, and Lorenzo de Medici

- YOU DO INDEED GLIDE on Da Vincis flying machine.

- Game will feature a new notoriety system that governs how enemy soldiers and people will treat you.

- You can disarm enemies and use their own weapons against them this time.

- Each weapon has a special move.

- 16 unique mission types.

- No more ease dropping or pick pocketing missions.

- If you get beat up to much you will need to see a street side doctor to regain full strength.

- Hidden objects (like flags in the first one) are there to uncover but this time if you track them down you will get in-game bonuses that make it worth your time.

- Items include, flags, statues, and gold coins and more that isnt mentioned.

- New enemy types with unique attitudes and weaknesses are present in the game. Archers are mentioned, as well as elite enemies, dagger wielders, "Brutish" armored troops with heavy armor and 2 handed swords and axes, and an intelligent halberd enemy will probe hiding places with their weapons if they think you're near by.

- While hiding in a hay bail you can assassinate people this time, but it may expose your position.

- You can still climb towers and ride horses

- The Lorendo de Medici assassination attempt is in the game.

- There is now a night and day sequence in the game.

- 240 people are working on this title.

24xnh47.jpg

Sounds fantastic, and Ezio looks really cool - very much in keeping with Altair's look, yet also doing some new things, like the cape. Om nom nom. :3

Do they really require spoilers?

Anyway, these new details sound fantastic. Adding to the combat system in new ways and making additions and improvements in general. Awesome. Ezio looks like a total badass.

I don't know if they do need spoilers, to be honest, but it's the first reveal and I don't wanna rile anyone up because of spoiler insensitivity. :F

- You'll have a ton of new weapons to choose from including an axe, a hammer, a mace, a spear, 2 different sword types, a spear axe, and 2 smaller blades

- You CAN swim

- Da Vincis workshop is in the game

- Locations include Saint Marks Basilica, The Grand Canal, The Little Canal, and the Rialto bridge.

- The game opens in 1476, Altair is from 1191

- So you do indeed play as a new ancestor of Altair / Desmond

-You will see the countryside of Tuscany

- The "Auditore" family is mentioned

- The main characters name is Ezio Auditore de Firenze

- He is a nobleman of Florence

- Big characters are in the game including Machiavelli, Caterina Sofrza, and Lorenzo de Medici

- YOU DO INDEED GLIDE on Da Vincis flying machine.

- Game will feature a new notoriety system that governs how enemy soldiers and people will treat you.

- 16 unique mission types.

- If you get beat up to much you will need to see a street side doctor to regain full strength.

- Hidden objects (like flags in the first one) are there to uncover but this time if you track them down you will get in-game bonuses that make it worth your time.

- Items include, flags, statues, and gold coins and more that isnt mentioned.

- New enemy types with unique attitudes and weaknesses are present in the game. Archers are mentioned, as well as elite enemies, dagger wielders, "Brutish" armored troops with heavy armor and 2 handed swords and axes, and an intelligent halberd enemy will probe hiding places with their weapons if they think you're near by.

- While hiding in a hay bail you can assassinate people this time, but it may expose your position.

- You can still climb towers and ride horses

- 240 people are working on this title.

24xnh47.jpg

Sounds fantastic, and Ezio looks really cool - very much in keeping with Altair's look, yet also doing some new things, like the cape. Om nom nom. :3

This actually sounds much better than the last game.

Still not going to get my hopes up that easily.

- You CAN swim

24xnh47.jpg

Sounds fantastic, and Ezio looks really cool - very much in keeping with Altair's look, yet also doing some new things, like the cape.

This game and new character is Win. Now that I can swim I don't have to worry about stupid deaths. And I'm kinda glad the pickpocket and ease dropping are gone. I like ease dropping because it's like your invisible to the people who are talking but can sometime be bump by passing people. And killing while hiding in a hay bail WILL be a reason for me to buy it. EZIO's look is badass.

25zqqut.jpg

That's a great cover, there. Awesome news about there now being a day/night system, flitting across rooftops at the dead of night will be great.