Awoo.

BIG NEW SCREEN!

Woun

Admittedly I'm spoiling this game for myself by looking at all of this... but man, this game looks awesome. The more I see of this game the more amazed by it I become. Best Sonic the Hedgehog game ever (that includes you, Mega Drive era), calling it now.

Me'h, it may be the best 3D Sonic game but it's still leages bellow Sonic 3 & Knuckles...

That or maybe my nostalgia googles are tricking me.

20060511AAK296.jpg

Disclaimer: this is a simulation pic with humourous purposes, the glasses may be or may not be real and but we can certainly confirm that gato is not a girl.

EDIT:

I also think that's the snail blaster, or a random elevator, maybe not everything is exactly like the manga (it happened before with Unleashed).

EDIT2:

It seems like MegaDash @Retro uploaded all the screens in a single rar.

Or at least I think s/he did, haven't downloaded it yet.

Edited by gato

So Halo Library confirmed for Sonic Colors? Wisps end up infecting people and turning them into wisps?

ME0001310892_2.jpg

932px-Delta_library.png

But seriously, I am loving Starlight Carnival. Dem Neon signs..... :F

• Thumbs Up 1

I was thinking more the Dome from Phantasy Star Online.

Seriously whenever I see those things I always think of Phantasy Star Online. It's like engraved in my mind.

Which is cool since Phantasy Star Online is amazing. Through the forest, into the dome and the caves underneath, the secret mining facility and reach the ruins of madness... Episode 1!

star light carnival is obviously the spiritual successor to Levitated Ruins from Sonic and the Secret Rings :

(i loved this stage so i wouldn't mind <3)

ME0001310918_2.jpg

newbitmapimagedn.png

Even the Ships placements are the same and The Mapping System is the same, it has a few Exact ideas from Levitated Ruins from sonic and the secret rings, the Yellow Road and The idea of chasing enemies on the yellow roads and the Ships around that spot.

a nice tribute from sonic team (story book team) i loved sonic and the secret rings, a lot of effort was put into it unlike black knight (although it was good but probably not as much as sonic and the secret rings) :)

Edited by speedduelist

Hahah, if you look closely you'll notice Eggman's Egg Pod still as the Dreamcast in it. XD

Oh my.

That is totally super duper awesome. Will he still have Dr. Eggman Adventure and the soundtrack to NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams alongside it too?!

Sonic Team gets bonus points if Dr. Eggman Adventure is replaced by Dr. Eggman Adventure 2.

Edited by HunterTSF
  • Thumbs Up 1

What's that game? Never seen that before.

Chaotix for the Sega 32X, one of my favorite games....of all time.

chaotix_cover.JPG

Edited by Aries
  • Thumbs Up 1

Chaotix for the Sega 32X, one of my favorite games.

chaotix_cover.JPG

Oh. Was impossible for me to tell since I never played it :P

Thanks for the info.

This game has officially gone from being a pretty good Sonic game to a pretty excellent Sonic game.

Also Dr. Eggman Adventure? Where?

This game has officially gone from being a pretty good Sonic game to a pretty excellent Sonic game.

Yes I also never heard of it either. and How can u tell he still has a Dreamcast?

So I did the math regarding red rings and S ranks:

5 red rings per act*6 (non-boss) acts per zone*6 zones=180 red rings, matching this screenshot.

(6 acts+1 boss per zone)*6 zones=42 S-ranks, just two shy of the screenshot. The other two are most likely bosses, as normal acts would have red rings; add in the usual semifinal boss and true final boss, and the numbers match.

So we've got Tropical Resort and the 5 chained planets to make up our 6 main levels. We know what the metal Sonic planet (Game Land, the Sonic simulator/co-op multiplayer) and the Eggman ship (the Egg Shuttle, allowing you to play through all the levels in order like an old school platformer, ) are for. That leaves 3 areas unknown; the satellite (I'd guess it's some sort of options menu; it looks like it'd make for a pretty bland level if it were one), the area below Tropical Resort (most likely the semifinal boss, given that it's the most likely spot for Eggman's base of operations), and the glowing star (most likely the true final boss, as it only seems to appear when everything else is unlocked as well). So that's the bulk of the game worked out, with 99% accuracy (I could be wrong on the source of those last two S-ranks...but I don't think I am).

The one question is the chaos emeralds. We've seen the special stages in the DS version, but nothing in the Wii version. The only possible hints we have are the emeralds being on the Sonic Simulator menu (which could be purely decorative; having the multiplayer tie into the emerald collecting would be a pretty odd decision) and the one shot with the two goal rings (which could be nothing more than opening different paths on the map screen). They are supposed to be in the Wii version, right? 'cause they're being pretty tight lipped about it, if so...

So I did the math regarding red rings and S ranks:

5 red rings per act*6 (non-boss) acts per zone*6 zones=180 red rings, matching this screenshot.

(6 acts+1 boss per zone)*6 zones=42 S-ranks, just two shy of the screenshot. The other two are most likely bosses, as normal acts would have red rings; add in the usual semifinal boss and true final boss, and the numbers match.

So we've got Tropical Resort and the 5 chained planets to make up our 6 main levels. We know what the metal Sonic planet (Game Land, the Sonic simulator/co-op multiplayer) and the Eggman ship (the Egg Shuttle, allowing you to play through all the levels in order like an old school platformer, ) are for. That leaves 3 areas unknown; the satellite (I'd guess it's some sort of options menu; it looks like it'd make for a pretty bland level if it were one), the area below Tropical Resort (most likely the semifinal boss, given that it's the most likely spot for Eggman's base of operations), and the glowing star (most likely the true final boss, as it only seems to appear when everything else is unlocked as well). So that's the bulk of the game worked out, with 99% accuracy (I could be wrong on the source of those last two S-ranks...but I don't think I am).

The one question is the chaos emeralds. We've seen the special stages in the DS version, but nothing in the Wii version. The only possible hints we have are the emeralds being on the Sonic Simulator menu (which could be purely decorative; having the multiplayer tie into the emerald collecting would be a pretty odd decision) and the one shot with the two goal rings (which could be nothing more than opening different paths on the map screen). They are supposed to be in the Wii version, right? 'cause they're being pretty tight lipped about it, if so...

Remember, Egg Shuttle and the Sim must have S ranks too.

Wait, what star?

Edited by Blue Wisp

Remember, Egg Shuttle and the Sim must have S ranks too.
Not necessarily.
shows you don't get a ranking at the end of a Sim stage; it only keeps track of your time and score. And if the Shuttle just takes you through every level in a row, there's no reason for it to have separate rankings.

Wait, what star?
You can see it on the right here. The shot's taken from the Japanese site, which I believe is the only place we've seen it, and is also the only time we've seen everything on the map unlocked. Given that it also glows multiple colors and is pretty clearly distinct from the rest of the stars in the background, it's got to be something.

You can see it on the right here. The shot's taken from the Japanese site, which I believe is the only place we've seen it, and is also the only time we've seen everything on the map unlocked. Given that it also glows multiple colors and is pretty clearly distinct from the rest of the stars in the background, it's got to be something.

ohpleaseletitbethisohpleaseletitbethisohpleaseletitbethis

That must be the Final Boss for sure.

Edited by Blue Wisp

There is only one word to describe the sheer brilliance of these screens and this game in general:

WIN.

:D:D

It just sucks that I'll have to wait until Christmas to pick up this gem.

Edited by chaoscontrol14

Yes I also never heard of it either. and How can u tell he still has a Dreamcast?

Dr. Eggman Adventure was a cool little Easter Egg hidden in some of the CGI cutscenes of Sonic World Adventure that featured the Egg Mobile.

16867815.jpg

Eggman's using the same model of the Egg Mobile that was featured in SWA, and if you can look closely you can spot what appears to be his Dreamcast on-board in Colors.

colorsdreamcast.jpg

Hrm. May I add that Eggman's in-game model seems a tad... off? He's looks to be a little reminiscent of classic American box-art Robotnik for some reason.

Edited by HunterTSF
  • Thumbs Up 2

(which could be purely decorative; having the multiplayer tie into the emerald collecting would be a pretty odd decision)

The Sonic Sim can be played with 1 player though (at least that's what I assume with that "red orb" thing). It wouldn't necessarily be tied to multiplayer.

But it still is tied to the multiplayer mode. It is the same thing, just with different settings. It's like if you were able to play Sonic 2's multiplayer with only one person, and you could get the emeralds by playing the special stage there.

Also considering it's Eggman's Sonic-bots that you play as and not the real Sonic, it'd make no sense for Sonic to get the emeralds through the simulator, as he's got nothing to do with it. Unless the big plot twist was that Eggman collected the emeralds while Sonic was off playing with the wisps...but, then, it's his simulator, so that doesn't make sense either.

Also considering it's Eggman's Sonic-bots that you play as and not the real Sonic, it'd make no sense for Sonic to get the emeralds through the simulator, as he's got nothing to do with it. Unless the big plot twist was that Eggman collected the emeralds while Sonic was off playing with the wisps...but, then, it's his simulator, so that doesn't make sense either.

Perhaps that's just it though. Maybe the Sonic Bots are nothing more than lunar rovers Eggy is sending into these "special zones" to collect the emeralds. The whole wisp thing could be an elaborate distraction.

That would actually be an interesting twist. What better way to collect emeralds than with Sonic knock-offs.

Edited by Sega DogTagz

Far as the levels go, is anyone counting on a final level like Eggmanland, or you think the six and six is just it? Somehow I don't think the nova thing is a stage. If there are in fact special stages, it'd make more sense for the nova to be the gateway. Wait, quick. What colors do the star flash on the map, are they Emerald colors?

Far as the levels go, is anyone counting on a final level like Eggmanland, or you think the six and six is just it?
The math doesn't really allow any more. Like I said, there's only two S-ranks and no red rings worth of wiggle room; the most I could see is one nonstandard level (that is, a single act, not a full zone, and one without red rings for some reason) and then the final boss.

Somehow I don't think the nova thing is a stage. If there are in fact special stages, it'd make more sense for the nova to be the gateway. Wait, quick. What colors do the star flash on the map, are they Emerald colors?
Kind of hard to tell; it flashes pretty fast, and there's a lot of overlap between the emerald colors and the wisp colors (which is the other thing I'd expect the colors to indicate, if not the emeralds...then again it could be both, or neither).

Noticed that there are two things floating around the Star.

Anywho, Asteroid Coaster doesn't look as said o_O

Reminds me of Pumpkin Hill on Sonic Adventure 2