Awoo.

BIG NEW SCREEN!

Woun

Sonic: who do you think you are? Metal Sonic?

Motobug: Indeed, Eggman demoted me into this.

Sonic: METARRUUU!!! *cries* T_T

Motobug: (heheheh) >:-D

PS. Thats one big bug, didn't I hear there was gonna be a "DADDY" Motobug or something?

Edited by Aries

I support the idea of uploading everything into one single file, my snail-pace connection doesn't allow me to enjoy the awesomeness. D:

Also, I thougth I would never see the day when a motobug would be able to catch up with sonic, first 180 degree turning skillz and now this?

Motobug will become the main villain before we know it. D:

p.d: Motobug will be the monster of the week in the 20th annyversary game.

• Thumbs Up 1

p.d: Motobug will be the monster of the week in the 20th annyversary game.

Who said he won't be the monster of the week in Colours? :P

Just when Sonic thinks he's got Eggman beat once and for all... along comes Motobug! ON STEROIDS! With full 180 degree turning, high speed action!

Oh god I want it. I want it so much.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes, Eggman became a billionaire again, And began eating Burgers and Milkshakes like he used to thus getting colorful and delicious inspiration last seen in Chaotix! This time Eggman means business! heh ;p

Edited by Aries

a nice thing to note is that their are total of 44 acts (counting bosses too) in the game (check the S Ranks counts here) :

Gamekult-Sonic-Colours-Screenshots-23.jpg

that is looking great. we could at least expect 40 normal acts (NOT bosses) :D

i made my calculations and found out that the final zone would have 1 act and 1 boss :

worldmapu.png

(thanks to some one from SEGA Forums for providing the world menue speculation image)

(i still can't be sure yet)

Edited by speedduelist
  • Thumbs Up 1

Multiple goal rings per level? Close to 40 high-speed Sonic-Unleashed style levels? Classic badniks? New voice actors? Witty American writers?

Yep. Best Sonic game ever. Right here.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yep. Best Sonic game ever. Right here.

Hell to the yeah. I dunno why, but if any game deserves that title it seems to be this at the moment. If only for the sheer amount of love and polish that's gone into it. We're just over a month from release and nothing has gone wrong so far. Nothing. From the unexpected announcement to positive previews up the wazoo, Colours is officially looking awesome.

I've never felt so positively about a Sonic game before - and damn, I'm very easily pleased when it comes to Sonic. Yet this is above and beyond anything that's come before it. Bravo, SEGA.

And now, everybody sing along!

What goes down must come up...

Mmm feels good to reverse those lyrics :P

You guys are spoiling yourself way too much if you ask me. Ever since that aquatic stage, I decided to avoid more screens, or try the best I can. So I glimpsed a little bit(not on purpose) at that sort of mario worldmap level select menu. Nice.. So when are the mario references gonna stop lol?

Still the game looks great

Edited by Jaouad
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Looks spectacular although I must confess I'm not a huge fan of real time cutscenes although these do look beautiful. My only question is how long are the additional acts of these worlds? Are they full length like the acts we've seen or are they like the additional mini acts that Unleashed had?

A little question.

Gamekult-Sonic-Colours-Screenshots-25.jpg

What's the difference between 1 player and 1.5 players?

EDIT: since I see people already avoiding images, I decided to put it in spoiler tags.

Edited by gato
  • Thumbs Up 1

^ Ha ha, nice catch. Maybe that's one player plus a comp?

ME0001310916_2.jpg

Also, is this Asteroid Coaster Zone? Sonic is on the ceiling and we've been told about gravity play.

Edited by Dabnikz

ME0001310916_2.jpg

Also, is this Asteroid Coaster Zone? Sonic is on the ceiling and we've been told about gravity play.

No i think its star light carnival. you can see space and a bit of a space ships in the backround

i don't see a map for it in the screen shots either

ME0001310916_2.jpg

Good thought, I wonder if it is. It appears that Act, whatever stage it's on, starts with Sonic running upside down, judging by the timer, 0 rings, 0 score, no special rings and no Wisp.

A little question.

EDIT: since I see people already avoiding images, I decided to put it in spoiler tags.

sonic_x_cms_big.jpg

That's pretty weird indeed. If it actually is playing against the computer, why would they call it 1.5 players?

As Sonic would say: "That sounds pretty lame!"

Edited by Kjeldo

Just thought, I doubt that screen is from Asteroid Coaster Zone, because all 94 of those screens are filed under their preview screenshots section, screens they themselves have taken from the demo they played. If they had previewed a build with Asteroid Coaster Zone, then they very likely would have put a bunch of screenshots of that up, along with the others.

Hm, I guess Dread would've clued us in on Asteroid Coaster if he had it in his review copy. He only covered it up to Aquarium Park.

So wait, Motora/Morobug is back and you face him in an epic rival racing battle of epic proportions in space?!

The map features prettyful maps inside of the maps? (Yo dawg...)

The cutscenes look freaking amazing for a Wii game?

Admittedly I'm spoiling this game for myself by looking at all of this... but man, this game looks awesome. The more I see of this game the more amazed by it I become. Best Sonic the Hedgehog game ever (that includes you, Mega Drive era), calling it now.

Edited by HunterTSF

If Sonic gets poked in the eye and slammed by Yacker (Yakker, whichever >_> ) as in the manga, my life will be complete (But i doubt it, so =| )

ME0001310858_2.jpg

Edited by Jetronic

I wonder what the journal is?
Probably just the list of levels beaten, the rankings, and the red rings collected, so you don't have to run all around the map to see what you still need to do.

Some very interesting stuff in here. The cutscenes look nice, it's great to see more of Starlight Carnival (I love the disco ball and the Motobug race(?)), and the level maps are cool. I'm really interested in that shot with two goal rings, though; is this a game-wide thing, or just a one-shot? Do both goals have the same effect (though if that were true, why do it at all?) or do they lead to different places?

a nice thing to note is that their are total of 44 acts (counting bosses too) in the game (check the S Ranks counts here) :

Gamekult-Sonic-Colours-Screenshots-23.jpg

that is looking great. we could at least expect 40 normal acts (NOT bosses) :D

i made my calculations and found out that the final zone would have 1 act and 1 boss :

worldmapu.png

(thanks to some one from SEGA Forums for providing the world menue speculation image)

(i still can't be sure yet)

Maybe the last zone will have a one long act, like EggmanLand in Sonic Unleashed! And i loved it!

A little question.

Maybe the 1.5 player is the orb that we have seen dayes ago!

Ooh, awesome!! And I didn't know there would be individual maps for each world; they're nice!

Translation of the cutscenes stuff, as requested:

ME0001310853_2.jpg

Welcome to Eggman's great interstellar amusement park,

ME0001310854_2.jpg

He likes to hear himself talk, but I have to admit that this place is incredible.

ME0001310857_2.jpg

has absolutely nothing to do with an evil plan or premeditated act.

ME0001310858_2.jpg

Yihaaa! Move, little aliens!

(this must be Cubot in cowboy mode)

ME0001310880_2.jpg

Need to connect the framistatic condenser to the optimization modulator...

ME0001310884_2.jpg

Twenty-three... Twenty-four... Twenty-five...

ME0001310885_2.jpg

No, get me a cheeseburger and a milkshake instead.

ME0001310890_2.jpg

You are you and what's happening to your people?

ME0001310891_2.jpg

OK. He says his name is "Yakker" and he comes from a distant soda

(huh, soda?)

Bah, you beat me to it. I was going to use my 3 years of French to be of help. >_>

Anyways I will be posting things I don't see posted since late to the party.

Hahah, if you look closely you'll notice Eggman's Egg Pod still as the Dreamcast in it. XD

ME0001310924_2.jpg

Beautiful Sky Diving action, reminds me a bit of a scene in Egg Fleet in Sonic Heroes.

ME0001310920_2.jpg

I wonder what the grey platforms and blocks are for and why they have a homing attack recital?

ME0001310856_2.jpg

Is that a giant truck carrying up a 90 degree angle a Wisp container? You see, it's going literally straight up the space tower to deliver it... Bizarre.

EDIT 2: Actually one is the landing platform and not an act, my mistake. XD;

Edited by Dusk the Wisp Keeper

ME0001310856_2.jpg

Is that a giant truck carrying up a 90 degree angle a Wisp container? You see, it's going literally straight up the space tower to deliver it... Bizarre.

That's the lift Sonic and Tails use to reach the amusement park in the first place, isn't it?

*hopes he has remembered the manga correctly*

That's the lift Sonic and Tails use to reach the amusement park in the first place, isn't it?

*hopes he has remembered the manga correctly*

Close but no cigar, the one in the manga looked like a snail blaster from Sonic 3/CD/The Movie while this is distinctively a truck with a Wisp Container on it's back. In the manga the snail elevator is inside the tower and this one is decidedly riding on the side of the tower.