Awoo.

You Know You've Played Too Much Sonic When...?

Glenn

When you start to make weird similes that really make no since. Like the one I made the other day," Man trying to find this kid is like trying to find a Hedgehog in an Oil Ocean".

Ya, I honestly don't know what I was thinking either when I made that comment, but the ones who got the rather obscure Sonic reference did get a chuckle out of it.

When you start to make weird similes that really make no since. Like the one I made the other day," Man trying to find this kid is like trying to find a Hedgehog in an Oil Ocean".

Ya, I honestly don't know what I was thinking either when I made that comment, but the ones who got the rather obscure Sonic reference did get a chuckle out of it.

Yes! I do this all the freakin' time! :lol:

Well, almost whenever I walk around outside alone, I tend to play Macro Sonic in my head. A game set on our version of Earth where Sonic has been shrunk to tiny proportions.

Tiny Sonic runs along side me across the walls, fences and windowsills I pass, in a fashion that actually very much manages to mimic the style of Sonic Unleashed (I imagine springs and grind rails in my head to connect unjumpable gaps together in the scenery I stroll past and a shocking amount of walls seem compatible with the three-lane quickstepping sections of Unleashed).

Admittidly "Act 1: Sainsbury's Hill Zone" and "Act 2: Coming back from Sainsbury's Hill Zone with the shopping" aren't the most imaginative stages Sonic Team have ever come up with, but still...

Oh sweet Jesus, this made my day. I thought I was the only one who did this. Sometimes when I was little, I got so involved that I'd picture that my fingers were Sonic; one finger was the left leg, one was the right and he'd run around at miniscule size.

To this day I still wish they'd release a Sonic game in the style of Unleashed and Colours where Sonic gets shrunk to the size of a penny. Flickies could be used for lifts since they'd be bigger than Sonic, common Motobugs and Egg Pawns would make for huge epic bosses and you'd be able to run around all sorts of levels, from Sonic inspired houses (imagine the wall tiles in the bathroom having Labyrinth Zone owl patterns on them), arcades, scaled up areas from other games, or hell, in a reverse of a common trope, a miniscule Sonic in a regular sized pinball table. Make it happen SEGA, I will love you forever. Sonic Colours meets Micro Machines meets Pikmin.

• Thumbs Up 2

Sonic... meets Micro Machines...

That is, without question, the greatest idea for a videogame I have ever heard. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

That is, without question, the greatest idea for a videogame I have ever heard. :)

Too right! Our blue hero in penny-sized Chibi form, running around desks, tables and fences? Toyniks would replace badniks, as little miniature robots with wind-up keys in the back of them; the Shrine to the Master Emerald would be so large that it'd be a level all in itself; and the game could have quirky references galore to older Sonic titles. GHZ-esque sunflowers becoming great big platforming tools? Yes please. A level like Music Plant that has microSonic run through a music store? Go for it. The icing on the cake would be running through the hustle and bustle of Station Square at only an inch high, avoiding getting run over by cars or squashed by huge feet.

But now I'm getting off topic. :P

You spend all day trying to find a great way to incorporate Sonic in your German class project.

You walked into F.Y.E. the other day, found out it's a Sonic-merch goldmine, and spent $50. (Sonic Snuggie, anyone? :D )

When you download a sound pack for L4D that makes the Boomer sound like Dr. Robotnik.

I used to do this back when I was about 13, but...

Having a intuition that, with out a doubt, Sonic is real and in your world. Spotting "blue streaks" in the distance, and claiming they are Sonic. Seeing Shadow on the near by Radio Tower, and Chaos 0 spawning out of the lake across the street. O,o

Even researching the lyrics of the theme songs of the games, and pointing out subliminal messages.

and worse... being completely hell bent on the false idea that all these sightings and coincidences were REAL.

Me and my best bud would ALWAYS do this back in the day. We would hunt for the real Sonic.

....we'd even play Sonic. I was always Sonic, he was Shadow. x3

OMG! I was such a nerd.

Excuse my while I use chaos control to go back in time 7+ years ago and go pick on my self for being such an uber dork.

*poof*

When every icon on your computer is a sonic picture and all the sounds from the computer for anything that happens is a sonic sound effect or just ring sounds.

I use to have that :lol: When my computer started up, I would be greeted by Eggman saying "Well if it isn't my pal Sonic"

Speaking of this line, I always think of it when Palpatine calls Yoda his little green friend in Episode 3 :lol:

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 1

Speaking of this line, I always think of it when Palpatine calls Yoda his little green friend in Episode 3 :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Genius!

Had another one the other day.

- When you hear a ring noise in a shop so you have to hunt everywhere for the source. I went into HMV and I heard the ring sound effect and looked everywhere for it. It was actually in the mobile phone section, it was showing off Sonic 2.

Please, yes! Sounds awesome! :D

Alas, I'm too tall for stuff like that. At 6'2", I'd probably just look stoopid. :(

Hm, I'm 5'7, could explain things. =p anyway, I recorded this today in my backyard. Notice how I push off with my feet and sorta hit the ground with my arms, head tucked in. If it were a hill I'd be able to scrunch up more and be more ball-like, but this is what I do on flat surfaces:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_2S1Kph38A

I could do it alot faster and longer if I wanted but then dizziness ensues. :P

Edited by Ferno
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hm, I'm 5'7, could explain things. =p anyway, I recorded this today in my backyard. Notice how I push off with my feet and sorta hit the ground with my arms, head tucked in. If it were a hill I'd be able to scrunch up more and be more ball-like, but this is what I do on flat surfaces:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_2S1Kph38A

I could do it alot faster and longer if I wanted but then dizziness ensues. :P

*applause* That was awesome, nice one! :)

Thanks for the tutorial! I used to be able to do forward-rolls like that in school but, alas, I think you're right about the height issue. I wouldn't be able to get the rhythm going, like you do, and continually "spin dash" down a set path... I think two would be my limit before collapsing! *laughs*

Good skills, though, mate!

Whenever I realize I have enough change to make one dollar, I hear the 100-ring extra life jingle from the Genesis games go off in my head. No joke =| - I was also once unable to go five seconds without thinking of Sonic fan fiction ideas... LUCKILY, those days are over. Thank Christ.

As others have experienced, I too have grown to memorize nearly every cut scene in every single Sonic game, word-for-word of dialogue, gesture-for-gesture, angle-for-angle, etc.. Although I think in recent years the memory has somewhat faded, I still have a pretty good grasp of it. I would even remember what the subtitles would say. Such as "heavy panting" = "whew! whew!" Let's see...

Shadow: You never cease to surprise me, blue hedgehog. I thought that capsule had exploded in space.

Sonic: You know, what can I say? I die hard!

Shadow: It was a Chaos Emerald, wasn't it? But... there's no way you could have activated the Chaos Control using an emerald that was fake! ... So, there's more to you than just looking like me. What are you anyway?

Sonic: What you see is what you get! Just a guy who loves adventure! I'm Sonic the Hedgehog!

Shadow: I see. But you know... I can't let you live. Your adventuring days are coming to an end!

I once even typed a literary adaptation for Sonic Adventure 2 from both Hero and Dark sides (at the time, I hadn't beaten the Last story mode, something I wouldn't accomplish until I played Sonic Adventure 2: Battle) - It was on a very old computer from 1985, give or take a few years, so obviously I don't have it now, which is a shame because I would love to have that computer for nostalgia's sake.

Oh, and there used to be instances until I was 14 or so where I would actually attempt to run like Sonic. Not in terms of speed, but in terms of style. As you can tell, I wasn't the most athletic type and that cartoony running style probably didn't help...

Edited by Akito

• 2 years later...

You know you've played to much Sonic when you call the coins in Mario Kart "rings", and your sister begins having dreams about Tikal singing Colors of the Wind while everyone tries to save small animals from Eggman the hunter. yeah, I may not play a lot, but I do talk about it too much.

I went to school on Halloween dressed as Sonic two years in a row. It was the 8th and 9th Grade. I also did a rap in science class about reproduction to the melody of the Aquatic Mine theme. And when I tried to bubble my answers in on tests with the SA2 logo instead of a normal circle. I like SA2 too much.

Well, almost whenever I walk around outside alone, I tend to play Macro Sonic in my head. A game set on our version of Earth where Sonic has been shrunk to tiny proportions.

Tiny Sonic runs along side me across the walls, fences and windowsills I pass, in a fashion that actually very much manages to mimic the style of Sonic Unleashed (I imagine springs and grind rails in my head to connect unjumpable gaps together in the scenery I stroll past and a shocking amount of walls seem compatible with the three-lane quickstepping sections of Unleashed).

Admittidly "Act 1: Sainsbury's Hill Zone" and "Act 2: Coming back from Sainsbury's Hill Zone with the shopping" aren't the most imaginative stages Sonic Team have ever come up with, but still...

I sometimes spin around in the pool, and I put my finger in the water, and pretend Super Sonic was running along the top of the water. I will then put two fingers in the water  and pretend Super Sonic and Super Shadow are racing.

• 4 months later...

If I've been sitting in a car for a long time, I imagine that Sonic, Tails and Knuckles are running next to the car...

Edited by SonicDude
  • Thumbs Up 2

Sometimes, when I take a drive in the forest, I imagine Zor swinging through the trees for some odd reason. 

I find myself not only calling coins in the Mario series "rings", but getting surprised whenever I'm hit and I don't lose any of them. I've also developed a bad habit of responding to the word "coins" with "you mean rings", regardless of context!

Sometimes in real life I imagine that the place I'm in is a Sonic level and design it in my head and stuff...

Yeah I'm a weird guy :P

• Thumbs Up 1

When you associate yourself as well as your circle of friends (and family members) with certain Sonic characters.

I'm Tails and my 2 best friends are Sonic and Knuckles. My sisters are Amy, Blaze, and Cream&Cheese.

Edited by Sparky

• 2 weeks later...

Make a post on SSMB. Obsessively refresh the page.

Try to rerail Sonic Lost world thread from Sonic Unleashed. Accidentally derail to Sonic Colours.

Edited by Amomynous