Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Maybe if they cancel the Sonic Series, they might end up getting a new #1, on a new publisher: IDW, and it would be devoid of any Archie characters, and then we'll have a rage-inducing crossover between Sonic and My Little Pony, and a battle of speed between Sonic and Rainbow Dash.

Maybe if they cancel the Sonic Series, they might end up getting a new #1, on a new publisher: IDW, and it would be devoid of any Archie characters, and then we'll have a rage-inducing crossover between Sonic and My Little Pony, and a battle of speed between Sonic and Rainbow Dash.

I've heard it said that the Sonic series actually sells more than the in-house Archie titles by a significant degree, so it's unlikely Archie would ever allow anything to happen to the Sonic comic. They'd probably drop Archie himself first xD

• Thumbs Up 8

Or a crossover between Sonic and Skylanders or TMNT.

I've heard it said that the Sonic series actually sells more than the in-house Archie titles by a significant degree, so it's unlikely Archie would ever allow anything to happen to the Sonic comic. They'd probably drop Archie himself first xD

That would explain alot actually.

Archie would bend over backwards to agree with any mandate with no ifs ands or buts if that was the case. Makes me understand why they don't fight anything or seek clarification on much. They just roll with what Sega gives them. Not that they could fight everything coming down the tubes, but still...

tumblr_inline_nu6pfo22Rx1r9uy9k_540.jpg

As an artist who livestreams on join.me with other friends livestreaming and tabbing back into their stream, this is scarily all too familiar. 

Good job, guys. Fantastic work on the last issue of Sonic Boom. Thanks for giving the best finale possible. 

• Thumbs Up 9

That would explain alot actually.

Archie would bend over backwards to agree with any mandate with no ifs ands or buts if that was the case. Makes me understand why they don't fight anything or seek clarification on much. They just roll with what Sega gives them. Not that they could fight everything coming down the tubes, but still...

that's patently absurd. The reason we still have freedom fighters at all is because Ian and the others fought for them.

Having a sense of knowing when to pick their battles doesn't  make them sheep or a bunch of doormats.

• Thumbs Up 6

If it lead to the consistency and incredibly quality of the current TMNT comics, I'd be all for it.

Or a crossover between Sonic and Skylanders or TMNT.

One guy wants Bowser and Donkey Kong to appear in the Skylanders Comics, just because it counts as a Crossover! It's only a crossover if there's a Super Mario Series, and right now, only Bowser, DK and Diddy are guest stars.

Edited by YoshiAngemon

Looks good, Adam's art isn't fully my taste, but it's not too bad.  And as for "the big reveal"...  Wow, I think of how we pretty much predicted this all the way back in 2013.  Talk about an early cat out of the bag.

Love how Orbot's getting into his Unleashed schtick of pointing out Eggy's flaws. XD

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm particularly happy about it because when I made the prediction myself I had people who doubted me.

I'm definitely not one of those people.  To me, it just seemed really obvious.  Sure there was that snag about Rotor's dad being a technophobe, but there are plenty reasons why he'd suddenly be an Egg Boss all those years later.

• Thumbs Up 1

Welp. Saw that one coming.

On another note, reminder than starting for #276, the comic's being split up into two 10 page stories every issue I think. Which we can see in the preview with Cold Hearted and Back in Business.

Hidden Content

On another note, reminder than starting for #276, the comic's being split up into two 10 page stories every issue I think. Which we can see in the preview with Cold Hearted and Back in Business.

Yup, already heard about that.  Kind of worried about the pacing, but I think it's a way of trying to wrap up Unleashed as quickly as possible while also trying to give back-up stories a bit more to chew into.  Overall I think it'll work out okay, not flawlessly, but okay.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yup, already heard about that.  Kind of worried about the pacing, but I think it's a way of trying to wrap up Unleashed as quickly as possible while also trying to give back-up stories a bit more to chew into.  Overall I think it'll work out okay, not flawlessly, but okay.

I just hope it ends after Unleashed. I'd suck if the comic stuck with this format, as it'll end up either limiting stories or stretching them across several issues.

I just hope it ends after Unleashed. I'd suck if the comic stuck with this format, as it'll end up either limiting stories or stretching them across several issues.

Nah, this won't be the regular norm for too long.  Once we reach the big, Dark Gaia/Final Boss story I think we'll return to full length stories.  This new arrangement is meant to do the world building at a quicker rate and get things done at a quicker rate as well.  That kind of snappy "Get it done" kind of approach gives me an idea as what Sonic himself would be like as Editor, especially since his whole personality was based off of Clinton's "Get it done" mantra :P

• Thumbs Up 1

276 preview.

And I'd just like to take this opportunity to say...

Hidden Content

Oh, shiiiiiiiiiiiiittttt!!!!

And I must've been oblivous the whole time, because I haven't seen anyone predict this coming.

I actually thought a while back that

Tundra is Rotor's dad,

but it feels good to finally see it official.

Tundra feels like a spiritual successor to Beauregard (sorry for spelling) Rabbot in a way.

Can't wait to see more in this issue.

I really like there being multiple stories a comic, despite the downsides, so this is good news to me.

I am pretty surprised at the big reveal, though the idea was always somewhere in the back of my mind...I guess I just wasn't sure and tend to automatically assume the boringest thing is true.

^haha

Thats actually a pretty cleaver way to integrate both into the new verse.

DogTagz approves.