Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Well the "new" reality Mogoul might still be a threat to the freedom fighters, as opposed to the old Mogoul who decided that he couldn't beat Sonic so would just wait until he died.

True, especialy with the genesis wave

I don't know about you guys, but I think if Mogul ever shows up again in this light reboot, then he'll turn out a good guy instead.

Hmmm, possible, though he could be playing as well

HA! I knew the Wily Egg would be showing up in the Sol Dimmension. Kinda weird to see a Mega Man piece in the Sonic comic universe, but it fits.

Edited by PSI Wind

HA! I knew the Wily Egg would be showing up in the Sol Dimmension. Kinda weird to see a Mega Man piece in the Sonic comic universe, but it fits.

It definately is an interesting twist that the flying fortress is still around, that's for sure. Now, why does he want the fortress. Does he just want it for its flying power and fire power, or would the genesis wave device still be functional inside the fortress. That's sort of been what I've been wondering. Firepower, or wants to see if the wave is workable again.

For those who are fans of Shard, a bit more clarification on what made him change from a Metal Sonic to a Mecha Sonic (guest starring Captain Harlock);

More like:

IAN: "Okay, so, in SU#50 we have Metal Sonic version seven-point..."

SEGA: "There is only one Metal Sonic. Ever."

IAN: "...oh. And all the other times you let him get blown up... never mind."

SEGA: "And this "Shard" guy. A Metal Sonic? Because there's only one - -"

IAN: "NOPE! He's a Mecha Sonic! Totally different. Yeeeeeeah..."

SEGA: "Oh. Okay then. You don't have to cut him from the book."

Hahaha kinda puts a kibosh on the whole "Brotherhood of Metallix" thing the British had if Sega is actually doing the whole "only one Metal Sonic" thing then haha.

Does that mean there's only one Metal Knuckles too? :P

I was under the impression that versions 1.1 to 1.n were all the same guy with new bodies, rather than a new guy each time.

Well, it also proves how little of a shit SEGA (as a corporation, I'm sure it differs for the individuals) gives about the classic games. S3&K already had a Mecha Sonic with a distinct visual, and he's just considered an unimportant asset they happen to have.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, it also proves how little of a shit SEGA (as a corporation, I'm sure it differs for the individuals) gives about the classic games. S3&K already had a Mecha Sonic with a distinct visual, and he's just considered an unimportant asset they happen to have.

Still miffed he didn't make even a cameo in Generations in Sky Sanctuary. Especially considering he was there in both Sonic's and Knuckles stories. Love Mecha's design in the game too. That and he goes Super using the Master Emerald, come on that's pretty darn important for an asset. Even Metal hasnt gone Super >.<

• Thumbs Up 2

Just finished reading 252. It wasn't anything too overwhelming, but I liked Sonic's thoughts on King Maxx. Also, Sally's "situation" looks a bit troublesome. Wonder why

the others were moved and she wasn't? Maybe because she was deactivated...?

You said it yourself: that was a "Mecha Sonic", the very thing that supposedly saved Shard from being scrapped.

Edited by TheFatPanda

So, with all the crazy shenanigans that've been going on, I went ahead and bought the crossover issues, as well as Sonic #252 and Universe #55. Color me interested, I may just start collecting again!

• Thumbs Up 1

You said it yourself: that was a "Mecha Sonic", the very thing that supposedly saved Shard from being scrapped.

Not sure what you're saying. If you mean they must care since he was called a Mecha Sonic, the point is that the one-robot rule isn't in force with Mecha Sonic (seriously, Shard and Mecha Sonic look nothing alike), thus showing the lack of investment in the character. If they did care, they'd be just as restrictive with Mecha Sonic as Metal Sonic.

Silver Sonic would be the same, except the only Silver Sonic thus far, to my recollection, has been the one we're seeing now.

Edit: I don't mean the classic characters recognised now as part of the brand image and used in the retro stuff, btw. Sonic 4 shows the extent of how much of the classics are acknowledged.

Edited by VEDJ-F

Actually, we've had 3 Silver Sonic's in the book but only 2 in the games, one of which was simply a cameo in Adventure, so...

All of them are, so yeah...Actually, not sure if we ever saw the orginal Silver Sonic...
Sonic Quest mini-series. Only they took a few liberties with his size back then.

wasnt that horrible, traditionaly, he was twice Sonics size, this time he's about 6 times 17.jpg
2 was about the same size, 3 is supersized like 1's though

Should also be noticed that Silver Sonic IS Mecha Sonic in Japan, so that was already fucked up in 1992. By this point SEGA presumably just concluded "not Metal Sonic means Mecha Sonic".

• Thumbs Up 1

Hmm...odd. I thought the only shit SEGA didn't care about in terms of the classics is anything Izuka didn't have a hand on or anything post Sonic 3. Seeing as there are no Hyper forms, it doesn't surprise me that they ignored the other robotic Sonic and only focus on the famous one.

For more examples of this bullshit, see your Avatar for details.....non-canon my ass, Charmy kicked ass against a giant Metal Sonic and I'm sticking to it.

Edited by FalconKick