Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Im still having trouble believing this, how could Ken clame rights on what is LITERRALY just Sonic in a biker jakcet? H-how? How could Archie's lawyers fuck up THIS badly.

Edited by Gryo Man

...This man has somethimg really really wrong with him. I'm glad he'll never probably get hired again. Someone should really set him straight, Evil Sonic is not original! Scourge is more original and he's a recolour! Mam, he really boils my blood.

So I'm guessing he retained the rights to the original concepts not Scourge or the current Dr. Eggman we know now?

he can keep his old concepts for all I care, just shows we only have to change the characters vaguely to get them back! Quickly someone coat Julie-Su in a coat of purple and give her red eyes and call her something else that'll get her back!!

• Thumbs Up 1

Evil Sonic is literally Sonic.

Like, literally. Sonic. From another universe, maybe, but still Sonic. Even if he had somehow obtained Scourge, it'd still be baffling.

How is this even possible.

• Thumbs Up 3

So I'm guessing he retained the rights to the original concepts not Scourge or the current Dr. Eggman we know now?

he can keep his old concepts for all I care, just shows we only have to change the characters vaguely to get them back! Quickly someone coat Julie-Su in a coat of purple and give her red eyes and call her something else that'll get her back!!

Something like that will probably happen to all of the "forbidden" characters. At least, I really hope it does...

I doubt it. They're probably just going to be left out for the purpose of streamlining the comic focus. Ian's kind of been hinting at such for a while now, although not in terms of character usage.

Edited by VEDJ-F

so aside from the whole Pender thing, know who I would like to come back? Mecha Sonic 3 aka Silver Sonic 2(the one based off the one in SA in eggman's base, sure you remember him). I know he attacked station square and got reprogrammed, but last we saw of him he was decapitated by shadow and his head taken away by some minor character, wonder if he will ever return.... wish I had thought of this question for the Ian interview XD

this guy:
Silversonic2.png
and hes also this guy, dont ask me how he changed so much
SilverSonic2_01.png
who is based off of this guy
Mechasonic4.jpg

Edited by Mandobardanjusik

So Penders says he owns Evil Sonic and Robo Robotnik........I only see Scourge and Eggman.

I doubt it. They're probably just going to be left out for the purpose of streamlining the comic focus. Ian's kind of been hinting at such for a while now, although not in terms of character usage.

Still, theres some characters that NEED to come back in order for this arc to finish and I dont mind recolored name changes if it means we can finish this arc without it being heavily cut from its original concept.

At this point, I just hope that this whole Penders dilemma don't mean that Shard will wind up being given the boot...

At this point, I just hope that this whole Penders dilemma don't mean that Shard will wind up being given the boot...

It wont because Penders doesnt own Shard.

If Ian can get away with Evil Sonic becoming Scourge, he should be able to get away with Metal Sonic becoming Shard.

• Thumbs Up 4

At least the SATam characters are safe, I guess.

No punchline. I'm being serious here, I like those dorks.

If Ian can get away with Evil Sonic becoming Scourge, he should be able to get away with Metal Sonic becoming Shard.

Not really, Metal sonic1(aka Shard) is the game one, and appeared in both the CD and chaotix adapation making him the game canon one, then his reappearance was done(I am not even sure it was pender), and then Ian turned him into shard and his most recent characterization

so aside from the whole Pender thing, know who I would like to come back? Mecha Sonic 3 aka Silver Sonic 2(the one based off the one in SA in eggman's base, sure you remember him). I know he attacked station square and got reprogrammed, but last we saw of him he was decapitated by shadow and his head taken away by some minor character, wonder if he will ever return.... wish I had thought of this question for the Ian interview XD

this guy:

*img*

and hes also this guy, dont ask me how he changed so much

*img*

who is based off of this guy

*img*

But thats the thing, doesn't Shard fill his role right now? I mean other then for closure theres no real reason for him to come back...unless they want to do a team up of him and Shard vs. Metal Sonic rematch!

Edited by goku262002

in the long run, penders may have thrown the comic into a new golden age tbh

I liked the characters that were jettisoned, but being honest there were so many of them and the cast was so overbloated they weren't showing up anyways

But thats the thing, doesn't Shard fill his role right now? I mean other then for closure theres no real reason for him to come back...unless they want to do a team up of him and Shard vs. Metal Sonic rematch!

or he kinda fits into a different role, if I read properly his remains were recovered by a detective, what if he is rebuilt as a detective, and had an altered personality, there is plenty of options other than him remaining as a redeemed copy, he could become something different, perhaps become a tracker and team up with team chaotix(or just Mighty and Ray as the forgotten team and giving them some firepower)

There is a lot of things a good writer could do with him, he also has a different weapondry setup and overall abilities than Shard

Though ya a team up could be awesome too, and that could be the edge shard needs, and the irony of a forgotten mecha helping would be priceless

Edited by Mandobardanjusik

What Harlock said. The trimming of the cast, especially some of Penders over bloated creations is probably the best thing that's happened in a long time. Will certainly help with character development when they have less to concentrate on.

Also did Penders basically brush of the Knuckles changes by saying he wished he had made him more generic ages ago, again pushing his characters more into the limelight? Mans nuts.

Guys, I know you're referring to the Knuckles clones which will most likely come back as chronicles looking characters in a separate arc but characters like Elias and Geoffrey are gone, characters that are pivotal to the arc right now. how are those characters being jettisoned good right now when we got an arc to finish with those characters being main leads?

No, I'm talking about those characters too. And remember we're seeing things with delay- even if Archie got to keep Elias and Geoffrey, the resolution to the arc would jettison them since it was done back during the days of the lawyer team censoring all penders mentions

No, I'm talking about those characters too. And remember we're seeing things with delay- even if Archie got to keep Elias and Geoffrey, the resolution to the arc would jettison them since it was done back during the days of the lawyer team censoring all penders mentions

Well damn. I really liked those characters, and now I'll never see them again! I'm feeling really depressed right now...

The characters were sidestepped from not being menctioned too much but not Echinida wiped out of existence. they are still pivotal to the arc, Geoffrey is Nagus now and the whole reason why this arc is happening is to get Elias back into power.

Unless you want Vagina Tails Doll to be the final baddie of this arc and have Sally to take Elias spot?