Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

We may finally see C. Whiskers, Johnny, and possibly Eggman Nega, so I'm stoked.

And bare in mind folks Bean AND Marine in the same arc, that just spells chaos and doom for Sonic and Blaze as their gonna be annoyed to the brink of death.

Haha yeah! And apparently this is supposed to take place after the events of Sonic Rush Adventure? Well then, better go buy and play the Rush games!

We may finally see C. Whiskers, Johnny, and possibly Eggman Nega, so I'm stoked.

And bare in mind folks Bean AND Marine in the same arc, that just spells chaos and doom for Sonic and Blaze as their gonna be annoyed to the brink of death.

Didn't Captain Whisker died during Rush Adventure. I recalled that Whisker went down with Pirate's Island after the boss battle. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Didn't Captain Whisker died during Rush Adventure. I recalled that Whisker went down with Pirate's Island after the boss battle. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeah, but I'm guessing that they'll bring him back due to being a robot and stuff. Or they're dealing with something else.

Sonic-252.jpg

Sonic-252-var.jpg

"SONIC IS BACK and facing the HUGE consequences of the mega-hit Sonic/Mega Man crossover story arc in "At All Costs" Part Two! As the crossover crashed to a close, Sonic and Tails have returned to a world which is reeling from the cataclysmic effects of the Eggman/Wily genesis wave! The damage was severe, the threats have changed, and the mysteries are piling up! What has happened to Naugus in this new landscape? What is the final fate of Sally Acorn? Sonic and Tails are ready to tackle all the drama ahead of them—but first they must survive the wrath of the terrifying Tails Doll! Featuring new cover art from Sonic artist superstar Ben Bates and a special "SEGA" Variant!"

SCRIPT: Ian Flynn

ART: Evan Stanley, Terry Austin, John Workman, and Matt Herms

Cover by Ben Bates

Variant Cover artwork provided by SEGA

On Sale at Comic Specialty Shops: 9/4

32-page, full color comic

$2.99 US.

Edited by VEDJ-F
  • Thumbs Up 4

Yet another crappy variant. I missed Part 4 of the crossover so I'm basically going to be confused for awhile.

I'm LOVING the new covers! Except for the variants. Those can go burn in a fire. But damn am I pumped for what's coming up for the comics! 

Sonic-252.jpg

Sonic-252-var.jpg

Covers are alright. Hope to speed up the time by having fun just to see Pt 2 but still, they're alright

Edited by kimplix

Their Robots so they can always be rebuilt, and comic-wise I don't think they were destroyed cause in the very first Sonic Universe Blaze suspects that Whiskers was the one attacking Southern Island, kinda hinting Whiskers and his gang were still active.

EDIT: Ugh! Why are the SEGA variants always so damn stale.

Edited by Dantemustdie00

That cover is fucking badass, why in the world would you ever choose the cover variant?

The Sega variant is proably part of the sega contract

Nope, the SEGA variant will be Archie's attempt to lure in Sonic fans who otherwise wouldn't buy the comic with the promise of a more game-focused story.

Pirate Plunder Panic sounds like a fun return arc for SU. I really love the ones that just throw a bunch of random characters into a blender and see how they interact. Should definitely be interesting to see where it's placed in continuity and Tracy at the helm once again.

I never like the SEGA variants for any of these issues. Just a bunch of lame CG renders...still, it could've been worse. Could have been like #239 where they just traced the Generations pose and did it in that shitty Heroes render. Yuck.

Edit: Forgot to add, obviously the first cover is badass. XP

I don't like most of the CG variant covers either, but it's SEGA's way of trying to appeal to more game-focused audiences so if it makes SEGA happy and gets the comic more sales, I'm not complaining too much.

The normal cover looks awesome though!

But man this is all just reminding me that I haven't been able to pick up my subscription in over half a year, I hope they haven't chucked any out :? and I wonder if they included MegaMan..

It's not SEGA's attempt, it's Archie's as VEDJ-F pointed out. SEGA is more hands-off than people think.

Which is probably contributing to the Penders case that will possibly strain the relationship between Archie and Sega.

The story sounds pretty meh tho, it doesn't sound like anything too interesting.

Pirate Plunder Panic sounds like a fun return arc for SU.

Where da booty at?

tumblr_inline_mmv5tuMsjk1qz4rgp.png

I don't know, the story synopsis sounds pretty vague to me.

Sonic & Tails fight Tails Doll.

Sounds pretty straightforward.

Sonic & Tails fight Tails Doll.Sounds pretty straightforward.
I assumed that was just part of it, guess well see.

Why is Tails Doll an eldritch abomination now, again?

Why is Tails Doll an eldritch abomination now, again?

Because Ian Flynn reads too much creepypasta.