Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

As someone that has been reading the comic for 13 years now all I have to say is it's going to be weird seeing some elements of the comic disappear. Sure it's already a different comic since Ian took over but it was still nice seeing some of the old elements/characters now and then.

But with some of the recent events I can't wait to see what new things the comic will bring to us since so far it's been soooo good. smile.png

• Thumbs Up 2

I swear to Primus, if Lien-Da ends up gone for this, and NOT by Eggman's hand, there will be some serious raging going on from my end.

Though I expect all is not as it seems, since there's radio silence coming from the generally obnoxious Penders.

Though I expect all is not as it seems, since there's radio silence coming from the generally obnoxious Penders.

Yeah where the fuck is he? shouldn't he and his annoying ass posse be holding victory speeches and having parades in the street by now?

Thats what makes me think this isn't all as it seems. they may be gone, but are they REALLY gone?!

Edited by goku262002

Damn man. I subscribed to the old KtE series back in the day (Ian admittedly liked it too), and yes I recognize the Echidnas had a whole convoluted history in this book but it wasn't hard to simplify and some Echidnas were worth it. What pisses me off is that since wrecking Angel Island way back, these characters were placed in Albion and back-burnered by Flynn for like three years and still nothing developed. And with the story you thought would get some development on these forgotten characters, they're one shotted instead by a character no one gives a fuck about. Ian also has a thing for killing characters off page which needs to stop. I don't really care how many pop culture references he squeezes into an issue, that's cheap laughs anyways, how about writing the book in the book.

- Julie-Su

- Lara-Su

- Lien-Da

- Constable Remington

- Knuckles' mom Lara-Le

- Aurora the Goddess

- Dimitri

- Enerjak

- And others

1996-2012, you will be missed by me. And fuck you Ken for not letting anyone enjoy your only decent characters.

Edited by American Ristar

Yeah, there's only 3 echidna's out of that list I care about. 4 if you want to include Lara-Le's recent moment in the comic (which isn't saying much, but was getting there), and Dr. Finitivus is a hit and miss for me.

So, if we go by the photo that Silver is holding at the end of Sonic Universe #44, Sally is the traitor?  How has nobody commented on this?

Too busy arguing about toes, I guess. ;)

Edited by BountyHunter

Dr Finny isn't Penders', so he's not going anywhere unless they want him gone.

So, if we go by the photo that Silver is holding at the end of Sonic Universe #44, Sally is the traitor?  How has nobody commented on this?

Probably because it's boring and uninspiring of Archie with little reason behind it other than to throw Silver back in.

Probably because it's boring and uninspiring of Archie with little reason behind it other than to throw Silver back in.

Or maybe because we already discussed it pages ago and moved on?

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Or maybe because we already discussed it pages ago and moved on?

Also that.

Silver's not all that interesting, I've been finding...then again, he's barely interesting in the actual series except his Generations fight.

I said several pages back that the reason Silver is in #247 is because he now know who the traitor is, and it pretty much points to Sally. She may be an unwilling traitor, but what Silver said back in #195 that one of the original FF's (Sonic, Sally, Rotor and Antoine since Tails and Bunnie weren't official members yet) destroyed the team and doomed his future. Technically that's already happenend since Sonic declared the FF's no more since most of the team was gone/incapable of action back in #233 (I think, have to look it up). 

I'm thinking he'll be there to help them restore Sally recommended to him by Harvey who may have plan on how to save her.

Well, Harvey was featured in a Penders/Mike Kanterovich story in issue 16 as a gag character before Ian actually turned him into someone interesting. I doubt Penders even remembers him.

Well, Harvey was featured in a Penders/Mike Kanterovich story in issue 16 as a gag character before Ian actually turned him into someone interesting. I doubt Penders even remembers him.

With his increased prominence as of late, it's possible that Penders went to check his history beforehand.

That said, he wasn't reintroduced until about a year or so ago, so maybe he got through the net before that point. It could go any which way. 

Damn man. I subscribed to the old KtE series back in the day (Ian admittedly liked it too), and yes I recognize the Echidnas had a whole convoluted history in this book but it wasn't hard to simplify and some Echidnas were worth it. What pisses me off is that since wrecking Angel Island way back, these characters were placed in Albion and back-burnered by Flynn for like three years and still nothing developed. And with the story you thought would get some development on these forgotten characters, they're one shotted instead by a character no one gives a fuck about. Ian also has a thing for killing characters off page which needs to stop. I don't really care how many pop culture references he squeezes into an issue, that's cheap laughs anyways, how about writing the book in the book.

- Julie-Su

- Lara-Su

- Lien-Da

- Constable Remington

- Knuckles' mom Lara-Le

- Aurora the Goddess

- Dimitri

- Enerjak

- And others

1996-2012, you will be missed by me. And fuck you Ken for not letting anyone enjoy your only decent characters.

He might not have a choice. If they actually appear it might be considered "copyright infringement" so instead he has to kill them off-screen. We don't know the details of it, so its really hard to tell.

• Thumbs Up 1

I hope they bargained for Enerjak - Dimitri as Enerjak was the beginning and end of all the Echidna storylines - and he was damn cool. I like the concept of some ancient general plus goddess whatever it was who can flip the world on its head whenever it shows up. Dimitri's another, I've liked him forever and I really liked his octopus head makeover, but for some reason Ian let him fall to the side like all these other secondary villains who don't see their full potential. Like others said about this book, I'm tired of the villains having their day in the sun only to get their shit ruined and get shelved for 50 issues. Actually I'm wondering when they'll bring Mogul out of retirement. Anyways my point is, if Ken wants to tell his Lara-Su family drama, he doesn't need Enerjak, or at least enough money outta Archie would say so.

^ Also good point Kisaragi, I guess it was so last minute he didn't get to do it at all right.

By the way I can't wait to see all of the eleven copies Ken sells of his Knuckles family epic, featuring: Not Knuckles. Who the flying fuck is going to publish his shit anyways. These are stories from ten years ago during a run often called the comic's worst. By the way did you know Penders created Elias Acorn. What's the word on that?

Edited by American Ristar

Poor Ian.

By the way, do you think removing the Sally bit means anything? Like maybe they won't redesign her afterall?

If that's the case I'd be sad because her redesign actually looked kinda Sonicy.

I'm kinda glad he doesn't do the art of the comic D:

Anyway umm...I can't say he says much other than nothing will change? Does that mean they're not going?

I'm kinda glad he doesn't do the art of the comic D:

Anyway umm...I can't say he says much other than nothing will change? Does that mean they're not going?

He said the comic is still there, and the staff still want to provide the best stories they can. There's nothing to say what the fate of the Echidnas will be. 

Edit: From his Charmy picture circa 2003;

"Charmy hasn't seen much action lately. If I could get hired by Archie, I'd fix that, but I digress."

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT

Edited by VEDJ-F
  • Thumbs Up 1

He said the comic is still there, and the staff still want to provide the best stories they can. There's nothing to say what the fate of the Echidnas will be. 

"Charmy hasn't seen much action lately. If I could get hired by Archie, I'd fix that, but I digress."

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT

Hahah, that's what I was thinking when I saw the description for that picture...

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT

Can't blame him, he probably had a bunch of plans that SEGA went "No, fuck off!" to.

I imagine that the current issue was already well through creation when this happened, he ended up forced to explain in a few lines of incidental dialog why a bunch of characters who would seem really important aren't going to be around.  

Because we aren't hearing anything gives me the impression the proceedings aren't over which gives me the impression this court order is that temporary kind that I might even be able to remember the name of were it not so far into the AM.  

So did Sonic Universe artist change with the main comic's? I find myself hating the art in the new Sonic the Hedgehog issue, but loving the new Universe?

So did Sonic Universe artist change with the main comic's? I find myself hating the art in the new Sonic the Hedgehog issue, but loving the new Universe?

I believe there are 2 different art teams, 1 handling each comic.

Edited by goku262002
  • Thumbs Up 1