Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I'm gonna guess that the crossover is gonna tie in with Sonic and the Freedom Fighters finally emerging triumphant over Eggman again. They might have needed Megaman's help I guess.

That sounds stupid, though.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't think it will. Ian said that the original #250 story will still be going ahead, just in a different issue.

• Thumbs Up 1

Cool to see some more tie-in stories. Surprised that they're even doing a Mario and Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games one, seeing as how both versions of the game came out a while ago. Also surprised to see that they're the cover stories for once. It's interesting to see that that this is the first completely standalone Universe issue. Since an interview revealed that the Sonic/Mega Man crossover just missed being Universe's 50th by one issue, I'm guessing that after the Chaotix arc wraps up, #50 may be another standalone installment with the crossover arc starting in the next issue. I wonder what they'll do for it.

What exactly is going to be in the Super Digests, anyway?

Most likely just more reprinted stories in digest form with a special feature or two.

Also, just reread Issue #238 and SU #41... how come in #238, Shard's eyes and the gem on his chest are green, yet in Sonic Universe, they're red? Is there a reason behind that, or is it just a mistake?

His eyes and gem were also green in a flashback in SU #41, so I assume that he just has multiple modes and they change depending on which one that he's in.

Edited by chaoscontrol14

Surprised that they're even doing a Mario and Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games one

It's not, it's just a standard Olympic tie-in. Sega has a general Olympic licencing permit, and Mario and Sonic was just one of the avenues they decided to use it with. The official Olympic Video Games that they also publish are another.

Edited by VEDJ-F
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ah, I guess the use of Sonic and the M&S playable cast threw me off. A bit odd that they would decide to do a tie-in for something that's not directly Sonic-related.

Edited by chaoscontrol14

I didn't say that it was specifically for the official video games, I just meant that they can licence out Olympic stuff in different ways. In this case, they're using the comic to promote the event itself (which will be over by the time this comes out *facepalm*).

Eh, better late than never, I guess. I just hope that they make the tie-in actually somewhat entertaining.

I, for one, love that the comic is embracing goofy storylines like Eggman competing in the Olympics and kart races. I'm personally looking forward to it!

• Thumbs Up 5

I, for one, love that the comic is embracing goofy storylines like Eggman competing in the Olympics and kart races. I'm personally looking forward to it!

Ditto. I like the overall seriousness of the comic series as much as the next guy, but y'know, a little bit of lightheartedness can make it all the more enjoyable.

Edited by Komodin
  • Thumbs Up 4

I just got SU#42. And I had to comment that I haven't seen art this bad from Yardley since Shadow's "angry face" back in issue 1. I'm talking specifically at how he draws Leeta and Lyco's faces. It's a good thing they spend most of the issue wearing their face masks, cause the few pages they're not masked they look horrible. It doesn't really make sense given they were drawn alright on the #41 and 44 covers. It seems Yardley wanted to differentiate more from them just being Sally's face with a longer snout but it didn't work at all. He really should go back to how he drew them for the covers. Hopefully the art improves in the later issues.

I don't think it will. Ian said that the original #250 story will still be going ahead, just in a different issue.

How much you want to bet, it will be before or after the crossover first 4 parts in the main comic.

They way I see it happening in my humble opinion, is if Ian concludes it before 250 in the main comic or concludes it in the SU comic starting with SU's 50th issue and going till issue 53, OR holding off till after 250-253 to conclude it. But that's just my opinion.

Well let's see what that person said shall we?

I see "doubtful," which expresses disbelief, but it doesn't say or mean that it's not possible.

I don't see them saying that making a plot wouldn't be possible. They certainly didn't deny a plot, but they did say that there would be little to back up how they would make one since there wasn't originally a plot in the game for the comic to go off of.

Oh, and here's another thing they said:

I don't see them saying it's impossible here either or anywhere else in their post. They even make it clear they would be surprised if they didn't make what they expected them to.

If you're gonna make a sneaky potshot at somebody, use their actual words next time, will ya? wink.png

No point backpeddling now.

Just cuz you called me out saying SEGA wouldn't likely make this and thought my ideas about it were stupid, then they go ahead and do it, now you got egg on your face and can't backpedal outta that by using the convenient "I said doubtful, not "impossible".

Whatever bro.rolleyes.gif

That sounds stupid, though.

Pretty much this.

Should really be a Sonic event leading up to the big #250, but the big cash cow at the moment is gonna be the Megaman crossover so they gotta prioritise that I guess.

Talking about money grabs how many series are Archie gonna release/re-release? Its nice to get back issues and all but its getting expensive to keep up with every series they got going right now.

No point backpeddling now.

Just cuz you called me out saying SEGA wouldn't likely make this and thought my ideas about it were stupid, then they go ahead and do it, now you got egg on your face and can't backpedal outta that by using the convenient "I said doubtful, not "impossible".

Because no where in those posts did I say that I was right or that it would never happen. rolleyes.gif

Dude, just drop it and stop being so antagonistic. That potshot you made was unnecessary from the start and we're only adding fuel to the fire.

Last time Wolfy got on us and told us to stop. I'm not going to humor you and argue over the semantics of which you know what I said and meant.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Am I the only one who was BORED TO DEATH in the last two issues of StH? Nothing about any of that was interesting, and it seemed like that "clothes = queen" thing was made up at the last second.

It was just as boring as the last arc that had the tribes. I just dont find them all that interesting.

• Thumbs Up 1

Last time Wolfy got on us and told us to stop.

And I don't want to have to keep breaking it up. So please, just continue debating with a level head, there seriously isn't any point at jabs other than pissing off each other and me having to get all up in everyone's face (which I really don't like doing).

So yeah, final warning, please.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, admittedly I've found this arc rather boring myself, which is a total shame, because most of the stuff from 220-235 was pretty good; 235 is by far my favourite issue of the series.

Given how the Olympics are starting here in a week or two, I do find their tie-in a little weirdly late.

What exactly are digest issues, anyway? Just stuff printed smaller to fit more on the page, or what? I honestly have no idea.

I started reading the comics just over a year ago and have been steadily collecting the Archives, Super Special Magazines and Sonic Universe Graphic Novels so I appreciate reprints but there's SO many now! Who's buying all of these?!

When I started reading if you wanted to catch up on old issues you had the Archives or the Selects.

But there's like 10 reprint series or one shots now; Sonic Archives, Knuckles Archives, Sonic Selects, Super Sonic Special Magazine, Sonic Universe Graphic Novels, Sonic Legacy, Best of Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Saga Series, Sonic Genesis reprint and now Super Sonic Digest!

I don't have the money to buy all theses and I doubt most of their readership do either.

I hope they don't oversaturate the market and dilute their brand or cause confusion as a result of so many reprint series.

I mean think about it; if you were a new reader wanting to get into the comics, you would have no idea where to start!

Also the poster magazine is just a book of larger versions of comic art? That sounds lame, I can do taht myself. Plus it looks like the Amy poster is going to be that copied Amy pose from 240.

At least the Olympics tie in might provide some cool new art of the girls in their olympic getups.

• Thumbs Up 1

What exactly are digest issues, anyway? Just stuff printed smaller to fit more on the page, or what? I honestly have no idea.

They're basically comic magazines that are a lot smaller than normal ones. To give you a good idea of their size, they're about as big as a Sonic Archives volume.

"Mike does not care for Antoine or Rotor." Boo to you too!

Even in SatAM they were my faves of the bunch.

Edited by VEDJ-F

The live blog is much appreciated! ^^

But...y u stop? Now we gotta wait...

It's to make sure people can translate it properly later instead of them having one shot to write it down amidst all the shouting, based on Sonic Boom.