Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Spaz did issues #21-22 featuring the original EVE, the Mecha Madness arc #39 plus the special, one of the Knuckles' Quest stories, the finale of Endgame in #50, the Julie-Su story in Super Special #11, and the Sonic Adventure 2 story in #98. I'm sure there's more I forgot.

The Free-Comic Book cover already?

Looks sweet. Sonic looks so cute! I'm guessing this story takes place before #223.

Nevermind. It is a remake of an old issue. Seems appropriate now that Naugus is a villain again.

Edited by DragonSoul

Bleh, can I say this has been my least liked Universe arc? I went on Bumbleking to call it a four-issue game of freeze tag. <_<

Bleh, can I say this has been my least liked Universe arc? I went on Bumbleking to call it a four-issue game of freeze tag. <_<

Yes, even though this arc has a lot of SegaSonic characters who have more screentime and interactions than the regular comic. ;)

Shadow desperately needs a shave on that cover, he's looking particularly rugged.

You could say he got burned on that deal. :lol:

Sorry, bad joke is bad. <_<

I do find it funny how both Blaze and the Babylon Rogues originally appeared in brief sidestories that barely did anything, and now they both appear in the same arc with a pretty big influence (despite the fact that the Rogues are the last ones to appear).

In any case, I'm really enjoying what's happening in this arc. Its quite intriguing... and yeah, the entire cast is from the games (minus a brief appearance by Nicole, and despite the fact that the members of "Team Hooligan" haven't appeared in the games in over ten years).

Shadow desperately needs a shave on that cover, he's looking particularly rugged.

Yes, but only if I can call you a big stupid head! :P Just kidding.

This arc is great! A whole bunch of rarely used characters coming together in a big mash up, what's not to like? I will admit that I hate the artwork though, well that and Cream jumping on Nack <_< Why does he always get trounced by all the lame characters!

If I could fix anything it would be those things, but this arc is by far the best thing Archie have released in a long time, in fact it's the only arc in SU that I actually think is interesting. Cummon, Nack, Bean, Bark, Blaze, Omega, Rouge the Babylon Rogues - it's like they decided to make an arc with all my favourite characters in it!

Can't wait to see how this ends. I'm higly suspecting Team Dark to win the Sol emerald however Shadow to give it back to Blaze. Or perhaps we may even see Blaze go burning?

Or perhaps we may even see Blaze go burning?

I've actually been wondering about that since this storyline started. I guess it's possible if Blaze has the other six emeralds, though I'm not sure if it's been directly stated that she does.

This is definitely my favorite storyarc in Sonic Universe so far. And did anyone notice the Homestar Runner reference in the latest issue?

I've actually been wondering about that since this storyline started. I guess it's possible if Blaze has the other six emeralds, though I'm not sure if it's been directly stated that she does.

True, but if I recall correctly in the past Sonic has gone super without the use of all seven chaos emeralds, so it may be possible? Although with the recent merging of all the chaos emeralds into only seven in attempts to stay truer to the games they may only allow Sonic to go super if he has all seven now....so probably Blaze too.

It was just a thought though. I'd love to see Burning Blaze in the comics sometime though, at least get some somewhat official artwork of her finally.

This is definitely my favorite storyarc in Sonic Universe so far. And did anyone notice the Homestar Runner reference in the latest issue?

I agree, this arc is AWESOME! Shame about the art though I wish it could've been equally awesome. I didn't notice, although I haven't been on homestar runner in a long long time so I may not have picked it up. What was the reference?

I too love this arc. But with Bean in it, I'm blinded by the shiny silver lining. I probably like the Sonic Fighters characters a little too much. =P The Babylon rouges normally aren't in my list of highly appreciated characters, but I do enjoy the Battle Bird Armada. These references and implications are making it even more enjoyable! Team Rose could certainly stand to kick out Blaze and bring Big back in. But then Blaze wouldn't be there to explain the Sole Emeralds.

I too love this arc. But with Bean in it, I'm blinded by the shiny silver lining. I probably like the Sonic Fighters characters a little too much. =P The Babylon rouges normally aren't in my list of highly appreciated characters, but I do enjoy the Battle Bird Armada. These references and implications are making it even more enjoyable! Team Rose could certainly stand to kick out Blaze and bring Big back in. But then Blaze wouldn't be there to explain the Sole Emeralds.

True. I would rather have seen Big in the true team rose and then have Blaze as a fourth member of the team, but yes she does need to be there to explain the whole "Sol" situation. I love Blaze though so all is good!

True, but if I recall correctly in the past Sonic has gone super without the use of all seven chaos emeralds, so it may be possible? Although with the recent merging of all the chaos emeralds into only seven in attempts to stay truer to the games they may only allow Sonic to go super if he has all seven now....so probably Blaze too.

It was just a thought though. I'd love to see Burning Blaze in the comics sometime though, at least get some somewhat official artwork of her finally.

I agree, this arc is AWESOME! Shame about the art though I wish it could've been equally awesome. I didn't notice, although I haven't been on homestar runner in a long long time so I may not have picked it up. What was the reference?

When Bean lands on Fang's gun in a daze, he says "Excuse me monstrosity, do you have the times?"

Wow tehre's a lot of Treasure Team Tango Talk, I didn't expect that. Persoanlly i've found it a bit...bitty I suppose but it's had a lot of fun character moments and an abundance of secondary characters that I like, so I'm cool with it. the Omega-Craem interactions have been brilliant.

It sounds like an Ian remake of the final Super Special #15, which was plagued with terrible unfinished artwork.

Great plan for reintroducing Naugus and retouching a shoddy back-issue though!

God i really hope this is true. That issue was unbelievable...most of it was just blank panels shownig a fight covered by 'a blizzard' was that really the reason? they couldn't get it out on time, cos 'crap but quick thinking' is a step up from 'just plain lazy'. Even if this isn't gonig to be this, he should do it anyway, in fact he Ian mate? do a whole mini-series - Sonic: The No Longer Crap Years - where he re-writes and has redrawn everything from after the Sonic Adventure Adaptation to the Heart Held Hostage storyline.

Which nicely segues into my point for checking this board today - I'm very intersted in the Sonic: Genesis, Ian Flynn taking on the early sonic games as adaptations perhaps? Worknig them in with the current continuity (because really, the early stuff had almost zero continuity until about...oooohh issue 21?)? A continuity reboot or trimming? Sounds very interesting to me regardless :).

And finally, i read, it think on Ian Flynn's boards maybe, or the one that has the 'Ask Ian' thread he replies in, that Eggman Nega is considered dead and thus not allowed to appear fully in an issue of the comic. Anyone else got proof for this? Is he considered dead? The Ifrit thing? With Sonic Rivals 2?

MeX

Edited by dwitefry

@'dwitefry'

And while we're at it lets rewrite the beggining to Indianna Jones and Star Wars.

Pff Heart Held Hostage was awesome why change that? The story was cool and the art of the Sonic Adventure adaptation was 10 times better than that poor quality of which we have recently (like in Treasure Team Tango) Levae the past be, you can't go changing things just because you think they were crap. History has been built on those things changing them changes the series in a somewhat time travellers ruinging the future/present kind of way.

I'm glad the atmmosphere here is better than on the Sega forums. They HATE this arc because of all the inconsistent characterization and shit.

I'm glad the atmmosphere here is better than on the Sega forums. They HATE this arc because of all the inconsistent characterization and shit.

How can they hate Treasure Team Tango? That's like hating Sonic himself!

The only inconsistant characterisation I see is Omega, what with his more comedic humor more akin to Bean rather than CRUSH KILL DESTROY ALL EGGMANS ROBOTS revenge talk and maybe some dry logical pointing out humor, the rest of the cast I think is perfectly portrayed, although I'd like Nack to actually get the chance to shoot someone or do something cool before getting messed up by some little girl like the trend seems to be <_<

LOVING this arc, just wish it had been drawn better.

Edited by The-Master-Board

The only inconsistant characterisation I see is Omega, what with his more comedic humor more akin to Bean rather than CRUSH KILL DESTROY ALL EGGMANS ROBOTS revenge talk and maybe some dry logical pointing out humor, the rest of the cast I think is perfectly portrayed, although I'd like Nack to actually get the chance to shoot someone or do something cool before getting messed up by some little girl like the trend seems to be <_<

Yes, I really do hope Nack gets to shoot Cream and kill her, getting rid of that bland cutesy furry pile of misery once and for all. Though the arc is pretty humorous and good even though it shows some game chars I don't care about or despise like The Rogues and Cream. Let's hope we'll get a Nack arc sooner than later.

Edited by AdventChild

Yes, I really do hope Nack gets to shoot Cream and kill her, getting rid of that bland cutesy furry pile of misery once and for all. Though the arc is pretty humorous and good even though it shows some game chars I don't care about or despise like The Rogues and Cream. Let's hope we'll get a Nack arc sooner than later.

Then what's the point of killing a character that recently got introduced to the comic without letting her devolop more than her game counterpart? :mellow:

It worked for Silver (who's arc is up next) and to a degree, Omega. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

And finally, i read, it think on Ian Flynn's boards maybe, or the one that has the 'Ask Ian' thread he replies in, that Eggman Nega is considered dead and thus not allowed to appear fully in an issue of the comic. Anyone else got proof for this? Is he considered dead? The Ifrit thing? With Sonic Rivals 2?

MeX

Nega's not confirmed to be dead. Ian just once speculated that Nega died when he was left behind in Sonic Rivals 2, although Ian also said afterwards that he doubted it.