Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

• 2 weeks later...

You know I just realized a bit of Fridge Horror regarding the Worlds Collide arc: what do you think would have happened if Sonic found out his friends had been roboticized before finding out how to turn them back to normal? 

6 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

You know I just realized a bit of Fridge Horror regarding the Worlds Collide arc: what do you think would have happened if Sonic found out his friends had been roboticized before finding out how to turn them back to normal? 

Probably something like what happened in the mecha Sally arc, but i think he might've had some problems convincing Mega Man to hold back against the roboticized masters.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

In the 75th BumbleKast video by Ian Flynn, Ian gave the same answer to certain questions. For example, starting around 11:49 in the video, when one person asked Ian on what STH #248 and SU #94, Ian Flynn said that would be covered in his project Lost Hedgehog Tales, but he also said the project was on indefinite hiatus due to reasons he could not get into. 

Seeing how he gave this question over and over again, Ian says he understands why people would be frustrated by the same answer over and over. He also claims he could just release it as apparently no one at Archie Comics Publications is stopping him from doing so, but he wants to wait as it could cause a hiccup for others. He said that he could cancel it, but he really wants it to eventually happen, so it shows he still cares about the project.

I'm disappointed that he gave the same answer to certain questions, but I do hope the full project will be released by 2020.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2018 at 3:56 AM, silvereye27 said:

Antoine himself goes mental at MK for Bunnie's predicament

The best way to make a French coyote swear he'll kill you; harm his wife (possibly fatally).

... and that's one of the reasons I consider him being quite the passionate badass from time to time.

I think I'm writing too late again, I write so ...restlessly[?] again.

A Finnish way of saying again. Hard to explain at this time of day, pretty much the stuff you speak/write is messy and questionable considering your state of mind and the state of your brains' self-censoring considering what you think is a good idea to say out loud, like, one can throw some "restless" joke and it could be something pervert or questionable in some other way, not necessarily sexual and all that jazz.

___

But well, I had something real to speak about as well. This fella here;

Outside of him referencing StC Super Sonic in the otherwise Archie Sonic centered thing, why did I get a funny feeling of "I didn't think it went like that" in #4? Could someone tell me whether or not he's got this right, because if he has I need to blame my non-nativity about some more funny things...  I'm too Finnish and tired to figure this one out myself.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

16 minutes ago, BlueSky said:

The best way to make a French coyote swear he'll kill you; harm his wife (possibly fatally).

... and that's one of the reasons I consider him being quite the passionate badass from time to time.

I think I'm writing too late again, I write so ...restlessly[?] again.

A Finnish way of saying again. Hard to explain at this time of day, pretty much the stuff you speak/write is messy and questionable considering your state of mind and the state of your brains' self-censoring considering what you think is a good idea to say out loud, like, one can throw some "restless" joke and it could be something pervert or questionable in some other way, not necessarily sexual and all that jazz.

___

But well, I had something real to speak about as well. This fella here;

Outside of him referencing StC Super Sonic in the otherwise Archie Sonic centered thing, why did I get a funny feeling of "I didn't think it went like that" in #4? Could someone tell me whether or not he's got this right, because if he has I need to blame my non-nativity about some more funny things...  I'm too Finnish and tired to figure this one out myself.

Dem pauses tho.

Anyway, yeah, that is indeed how the Great War started.

I was wondering about that part where he claimed that lead to the.. birth of Mobians? Or did I get it wrong again?

Ah, 5:56-6:02 - "That gives birth to the gene mutated world of the story"

That's just hyperbole. He's over-exaggerating.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

4 minutes ago, BlueSky said:

I was wondering about that part where he claimed that lead to the.. birth of Mobians? Or did I get it wrong again?

No, as far as I know, he just got the Great War and the original Xorda Gene Bomb events mixed together.

However, the later was indeed the original of Mobius.

• Nice Smile 1

8 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

No, as far as I know, he just got the Great War and the original Xorda Gene Bomb events mixed together.

Well, that was actually what I felt uncertain for. Thanks for "peer" review people. It's appreciated, I sometimes still wonder if I've got my facts straight.

14 minutes ago, BlueSky said:

Well, that was actually what I felt uncertain for. Thanks for "peer" review people. It's appreciated, I sometimes still wonder if I've got my facts straight.

The wiki does exist as a source as well, although I suppose some things are sometimes easier to take when seen for oneself.

Well, it wasn't about wiki, it was more about me understanding what I've read. I'm no native and all that jazz.

I'm kind of self-aware like that.

Next evening;

You know what; there's actually this thing that's been itching my nerves for some time now, you know the stuff about Sally and Nicole and such?

I've kind of started to wonder, I know it could be me just seeing stuff afterwards only because it has been pointed out later, chances are the picture wasn't even done with that thing in mind and all, which is prolly pretty much having the highest probability and all, but, this thing from Sonic Comic Origins (talking about using wikis, hehheh);

latest?cb=20140819215052

I did wonder why Sally looked like that, like, disgusted (that's how her facial expression looks like to me anyway)? I dunno, it was a bit too powerfully delivered for my liking, is this just me seeing things, probably, but man, how interesting, even if it's (like it probably is) just a coincidence.

Sheesh, this is kind of odd actually.

...am I having some occurring obsessions or what?

Edited by BlueSky
I didn't want to double post, considering my last post isn't too old and nobody's posted after it.

• 3 months later...

Ooh, convenient!

So here's a random question: What was the lowest selling Archie issue?

12 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Big's seen some shit. 

And this is news?

Just now, Dr. Detective Mike said:

Ah yes. Back when the artwork used to scare the shit out of me. 

Ch'yeah-heh-heh!

Also, I gotta say, Perfect Chaos back there is givin me flashbacks to Super Special 15.

12 hours ago, Adamis said:

Sorry for the bump, but I've managed to recover a rare artwork made by Patrick Spaziante : the cover of an issue of Gamefan magazine (June 1999) featuring Sonic Adventure. All I could find before were grainy thumbnails.

20usb44.jpg

Reminder that back in the late 90's this was the best quality art we got from the Archie comics. Spaz was serious good trough

• Nice Smile 1

15 hours ago, Adamis said:

Sorry for the bump, but I've managed to recover a rare artwork made by Patrick Spaziante : the cover of an issue of Gamefan magazine (June 1999) featuring Sonic Adventure. All I could find before were grainy thumbnails.

20usb44.jpg

Dafuq happened yo Tails' mouth? He get hit with Pender mouth syndome?

5 hours ago, SenEDDtor Missile said:

You mean the "mighty lips"?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2019 at 11:42 AM, SenEDDtor Missile said:

Was that Penders himself with that habit?

• 1 month later...

So, given a recent reveal for the IDW comic, here's a old tidbit that might be a bit obscure:

Spoiler

How many of you knew that Safron was among the Preboot characters that was supposed to get a considerable redesign/rework during what ended being the final awkward days of that continuity?

• Thumbs Up 1