Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

1 minute ago, Ernest-Panda said:

Wasn't his mental health implied to be deteriorating during Ian's run?

I guess you have a point; which kind of makes his whole pre reboot character a little sadder.

Also, I have a question for you guys: how did you feel about the Universe reboot at first?

I want to say he never fully recovered from Evil Antoine's poison the king, usurp the throne plot, but yeah Ian's run was where he actually went down hill.

Also, I have a question for you guys: how did you feel about the Universe reboot at first?

I completely tuned out honestly. Was too invested in Ian's "Trial of Geoffrey St. John" and Nagus getting a second stab at creditable villain-hood. It felt like the books were at an all time high when it all got erased. It was time for me to to jump off.

I know it's not their fault, lay the blame at Penders door, but still none the less it was a big let down for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Ernest-Panda said:

Wasn't his mental health implied to be deteriorating during Ian's run?

I suppose it was that and the fact the times were changing while he was keeping up the old habits and the same mindset he had always had when it came to the ruling, not really getting what his son was after and all. At least that's the way it sometimes seemed to me as... :wacko:

He just wanted stuff done as it was done earlier I suppose. -_-

Then again, I'm the person who thinks Max's thickness towards Elias before Sonic's little spacetrip caused Elias to suffer some lack of self-confidence and such. I'm not even a psychiatrist!

• Thumbs Up 3

I was actually really enjoying the Geoffrey and Naugus stuff as well, which is a God-send for someone like me considering my position on the way the book had handled the political stuff up to that point. It's a combination of finding the villains in the comic to have been the most interesting originally created characters coupled with the idea that the structure of the Freedom Fighters system and their government collapsing entertained me quite a bit. It's kind of telling how much I didn't care about Geoffrey at all until it was revealed he was a villain. Now he's one of the things that ended up actually hitting me when the reboot happened. It was pretty much just the villains I missed.

I was grateful for the reboot of course. I ended up enjoying it more because of the shift in how a lot of the stuff was handled when it came to my sensibilities but it still felt odd in it's own way. You know that expression people use when it comes to comparing two things to one another where they say it's like apples and oranges? It was kind of like someone took the apples and oranges and tried to mix them together in a blender to make something else. I'd imagine a blended drink of two different fruits has a chance of tasting good to a few people and tasting off to a few others. 

Even so, I enjoyed it. Yet, again, seeing it go only saw me feeling bad about the fact that the Egg Bosses are gone. That's the biggest crying shame right there. Those Egg Bosses were all great in my opinion. Thankfully the Battle Kuku guy is a game character so he might return. 

I'm really anxious to see the IDW comics start. I wonder how a main series focused Sonic the Hedgehog comic is going to feel for me starting off with nothing else it has to worry about when it comes specifically to adhering to a lost continuity or anything like that. Like if they announced a new Sonic anime and said, "It's based on the world from the games... and that's it. We're going from there. New places, new characters, and new stories will come along the way but the starting template is what the games continue to fail to capitalize on."

Honestly, there isn't a doubt in my mind that every single person on this forum has the ability to write a better story than whoever's in charge of it at Sonic Team right now. Simply because they'd be willing to allow things to happen.

• Thumbs Up 2

Hi everyone, if I were to pick up all the graphic novels (Archives, Saga & Sonic The Hedgehog), what issues of Sonic The Hedgehog would I be missing?

So far, from what I can see, it looks like:

Sonic Archives: 0-91
Sonic Saga: 162-194
Sonic The Hedgehog: 252-269
Sonic Select: Includes most specials (although if anyone knows what is missing - cool!).

I'm not sure if I'm missing something though, because does that then mean that issues 92-161 and issues 195-251 have not been compiled into trade paperbacks? 

Thanks you :D:D:D

@Reala if you are looking for trades collecting issues in chronological order, the only one you are missing is the Genesis GN, which collects #226 - #230 (and the final pages of #225), i'm sure there are some standalone stories of other issues which got reprint in other GN's such as "The Best of Sonic. Ultimate Collection", which have #231 - #232 and #245 - #246, even if, in the latter, half of the story is missing (probably for legal reasons, but still). About the Select series, these are exactly what it covers: (copy and paste from Mobius Encyclopaedia)

Spoiler

Publication Dates and Featured Stories

Book 1 (April 30, 2008)

• Sonic In Your Face: All three stories- "The Quest", "The Mirror Zone" and "Tails' Tallest Tale"
  • Sonic and Knuckles: All three stories- "Panic in the Sky", "Fire Drill", and "Lord of the Floating Island"
  • Sonic Triple Trouble: All three stories- "T-T-Triple T-T-Trouble", "Submersible Rehearsal", and "First Contact"
  • Sonic Live!: One story- "The Substitute Freedom Fighters"

Book 2 (November 19, 2008)

Book 3 (March 24, 2011)

Book 4: Zone Wars (December 13, 2011)

Book 5: Sonic Kids (May 15, 2012)

• Sonic Kids: Two stories- "When You and I Were Young, Sally", and "Stop... Sonic Time!"
  • Sonic Kids 2: All three stories- "Zoneward Bound", "My Secret Guardian", and "Eve of Destruction"
  • Girls Rule!: All five stories- "Princess Sally: Ascension", "Hershey: Solo", "Lupe: Family", "Bunnie Rabbot: Upgrade", and "Julie-Su: Shadows"
  • Sally Moon: One story- "Running on Empty"
  • Sonic Blast: One story- "The T.U.F.F. Awards"

Book 6: The Death Egg Saga (October 16, 2012)

Book 7: (March 5, 2013)

Book 8: (September 24, 2013)[1]

Book 9: The Games (March 11, 2014)

Book 10: (January 2015)

What about that MXYL -thing in #166-167(?), if my memory serves me right it wasn't printed in Sagas...

16 minutes ago, BlueSky said:

What about that MXYL -thing in #166-167(?), if my memory serves me right it wasn't printed in Sagas...

Yep, the M25YL storyline was not reprinted, but the backup stories from said issues are in the Saga Series vol. 1.

• Thumbs Up 1

Full list of issues/stories that haven't been reprinted:

(This does NOT include extra stuff like off-panel strips. This also does not cover Super Special Magazine and Super Digest reprints)

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG

#50 (in its original form; replaced with the Directors Cut from SSS#6 in all reprints)
#92-#128 (all content)
#129 ("Tossed in Space: Part 6" only)
#130 (all content)
#131 ("Home: Part 2" only)
#132-#159 (all content)
#160-#161 ("Birthday Bash" only)
#163-#164 ("Sonic Riders" only)
#166-#167 ("Mobius 25 Years Later" only)
#170 ("Island of Misfit Badniks" only)
#185 ("Island of Misfit Badniks Salty Soggy Sequel" only)
#195-#196 (all content)
#197 ("Consequences" only)
#212 (only selections from this issue have been reprinted)
#213-#214 (all content)
#215-#216 ("Family Matters" only)
#217 ("Thicker Than Water: Part 1" only)
#218 (all content)
#219 ("In Service to the King: Part 1" only)
#220-#221 (all content)
#222 ("Second Impressions: Part 2" only)
#223 (all content)
#224 (only selections from this issue have been reprinted)
#225 (only the last 6 pages have been reprinted)
#231 ("Haunted" only)
#232 ("Fragile" only)
#233 (all content)
#234 ("Unthinkable" only)
#235-#244 (all content)
#275 (all content; final Sonic issue of Worlds Unite)
#277-#290 (all content)

SONIC UNIVERSE
(By issue)
#34-#38 (all content)
#41-#49 (all content)
#55-#58 (all content)
#60-#62 (all content)
#64-#68 (all content)
#70-#75 (all content)
#78 (all content; final Universe issue of Worlds Unite)
#80-#94 (all content)
(By arc)
-Babylon Rising (parts 2-4)
-Scrambled (parts 1-2)
-Secret Freedom (all)
-Chaotix Quest (all)
-Pirate Plunder Panic (all)
-Shadow Fall (parts 2-4)
-Great Chaos Caper (parts 2-4)
-Total Eclipse (parts 1-2)
-Spark of Life (all)
-Fury (single issue)
-Worlds Unite (part 9; third Universe issue in arc)
-Silver Age (parts 2-4)
-Eggman's Dozen (all)
-Shattered (all)
-Case of Pirate Princess (all)

KNUCKLES THE ECHIDNA
#22-#28 (all content)
#30-#32 (all content)

SONIC ONE-SHOTS
-Sonic Live ("Last Game Cartridge Hero" only)
-Mega Man: Worlds Unite Battles ("Maverick Hunters vs Vile" only)
-Sonic the Hedgehog: Worlds Unite Battles ("Knuckles vs Break Man" only)
-Sonic: Mega Drive (all content)
-Sonic: Mega Drive- The Next Level (all content)

SONIC SUPER SPECIAL
#3 (all content were reprints already)
#7 (all content)
#8 ("Ghost Busted" only)
#15 ("Naugus Games" only)

FCBD
-2008 (already a reprint)
-2009 (only contains data files, no new comic content)
-2012 ("Genesis: Awakening" text stories only)
-2013 (both stories are already reprints)
-2014 (both stories are already reprints)
-2015 (both stories are already reprints)
-2016 (both stories are already reprints)

SONIC BOOM
#10 (all content; final Boom issue of Worlds Unite)

MISC
-Mega Man #52 (all content; final chapter of Worlds Unite)
-"Sonic Comic Origins: Nicole"
-"Sonic Comic Origins: Snively"
-"Sonic Comic Origins: Razor"
-All 40 issues of Sonic X
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Promotion 2

1 hour ago, Ernest-Panda said:

Full list of issues/stories that haven't been reprinted:

(This does NOT include extra stuff like off-panel strips. This also does not cover Super Special Magazine and Super Digest reprints)

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG

#50 (in its original form; replaced with the Directors Cut from SSS#6 in all reprints)
#92-#128 (all content)
#129 ("Tossed in Space: Part 6" only)
#130 (all content)
#131 ("Home: Part 2" only)
#132-#159 (all content)
#160-#161 ("Birthday Bash" only)
#163-#164 ("Sonic Riders" only)
#166-#167 ("Mobius 25 Years Later" only)
#170 ("Island of Misfit Badniks" only)
#185 ("Island of Misfit Badniks Salty Soggy Sequel" only)
#195-#196 (all content)
#197 ("Consequences" only)
#212 (only selections from this issue have been reprinted)
#213-#214 (all content)
#215-#216 ("Family Matters" only)
#217 ("Thicker Than Water: Part 1" only)
#218 (all content)
#219 ("In Service to the King: Part 1" only)
#220-#221 (all content)
#222 ("Second Impressions: Part 2" only)
#223 (all content)
#224 (only selections from this issue have been reprinted)
#225 (only the last 6 pages have been reprinted)
#231 ("Haunted" only)
#232 ("Fragile" only)
#233 (all content)
#234 ("Unthinkable" only)
#235-#244 (all content)
#275 (all content; final Sonic issue of Worlds Unite)
#277-#290 (all content)

SONIC UNIVERSE
(By issue)
#34-#38 (all content)
#41-#49 (all content)
#55-#58 (all content)
#60-#62 (all content)
#64-#68 (all content)
#70-#75 (all content)
#78 (all content; final Universe issue of Worlds Unite)
#80-#94 (all content)
(By arc)
-Babylon Rising (parts 2-4)
-Scrambled (parts 1-2)
-Secret Freedom (all)
-Chaotix Quest (all)
-Pirate Plunder Panic (all)
-Shadow Fall (parts 2-4)
-Great Chaos Caper (parts 2-4)
-Total Eclipse (parts 1-2)
-Spark of Life (all)
-Fury (single issue)
-Worlds Unite (part 9; third Universe issue in arc)
-Silver Age (parts 2-4)
-Eggman's Dozen (all)
-Shattered (all)
-Case of Pirate Princess (all)

KNUCKLES THE ECHIDNA
#22-#28 (all content)
#30-#32 (all content)

SONIC ONE-SHOTS
-Sonic Live ("Last Game Cartridge Hero" only)
-Mega Man: Worlds Unite Battles ("Maverick Hunters vs Vile" only)
-Sonic the Hedgehog: Worlds Unite Battles ("Knuckles vs Break Man" only)
-Sonic: Mega Drive (all content)
-Sonic: Mega Drive- The Next Level (all content)

SONIC SUPER SPECIAL
#3 (all content were reprints already)
#7 (all content)
#8 ("Ghost Busted" only)
#15 ("Naugus Games" only)

FCBD
-2008 (already a reprint)
-2009 (only contains data files, no new comic content)
-2012 ("Genesis: Awakening" text stories only)
-2013 (both stories are already reprints)
-2014 (both stories are already reprints)
-2015 (both stories are already reprints)
-2016 (both stories are already reprints)

SONIC BOOM
#10 (all content; final Boom issue of Worlds Unite)

MISC
-Mega Man #52 (all content; final chapter of Worlds Unite)
-"Sonic Comic Origins: Nicole"
-"Sonic Comic Origins: Snively"
-"Sonic Comic Origins: Razor"
-All 40 issues of Sonic X

Wow - that's so much longer than I thought it was when I started collecting the graphic novels :lol: I guess I've got a lot more buying and searching to do! Thank you so much for posting this up. I'm going to put it into a spreadsheet and get finding!!!

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, NikoS said:

Where is the “Sad AF” reaction when you need it??

hqdefault.jpg

Ah, Amadeus and T-pup.

On another note, interesting that the Prower's stayed brown while Tails became amber. How exactly did that happen?

17 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

It's in its second season.

20ct4o.jpg

6 hours ago, DabigRG said:

On another note, interesting that the Prower's stayed brown while Tails became amber. How exactly did that happen?

I'm sure genetics could explain it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think Amadeus was coloured pretty yellow-ish one time during the Iron Dominion Arc.

I'm happy they kept the brown colour after that pallette-experiment.

---

Fun fact about Riverdale; I know there's (prolly) at least one Finnish Riverdale fan, I heard from a friend they know one.

I have no words. Other than is that series reboot thing what they first had in mind when they decided to bring Archie to this day...

And it feels a bit funny the last Sonic covers had those banners, it just feels a bit funny...

• Thumbs Up 1

I know I haven’t posted in here before or since the cancellation due to not being around the forum when it happened, but I’ll just give my opinion on the whole matter.

It’s very sad, but not surprising either. I remember reading the rumours about cancellation at the beginning of last year and thinking “there’s no way they would do that, no way.” Then it started to become more and more obvious something was up at Archie, and what made it even worse is that Ian Flynn (unless he already knew he was staying on board with IDW?) and the rest of the team didn’t even know themselves what was happening! Then the day of the announcement came and with news of cancellation which was again, very sad but not surprising imo, came news of the comic coming back but this time by IDW! Oh, and Ian Flynn and Tyson Hesse are back too!! Talk about mood whiplash... 

Now even though it’s very sad that Archie had to just randomly cancel the epic almost 300-issue long running comic without even letting their own staff know with plot threads left hanging, I think it’ll be good for Sonic to start a new with IDW. There’s no more of the pre reboot/Ken Penders BS to worry about and while it’s going to be hard not seeing most of the cool cast of characters back from post reboot (I loved the sea creature anthros!), surely the SatAM cast will stick around since they’re not owned by Archie? I’m just trying to be positive about this. 

I suppose I should take the time to go back and read my collection of Archie Sonic comics, all pre reboot. I got Sonic Selects and...issues #123 to #152. XD;; oh and I got #177, #181 and #183 too! Fun!

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, I'm not too sure if the FF'll come back, they haven't said a thing for such a long time it feels like they're stalling.

And I really hate limbos. IDW & Sega are freaking trolls about this matter.

Sorry, I lost my hopes after they kicked by nose to my butt with that not-so-tactful tweet Sonic accout made.

Nice link, though I have no account so can't say anything about that Sally look. :P

Suppose it looks fine though. Though I wonder, I'm not certain if they could really capture the feeling Archie Sonic comics give to me when I read them, even if they'd want to, which prolly isn't the case considering it's a new direction and there's no certainty if any of those characters are going to get in either.

Nää, maybe I should just stick to reading the ones I already have and not give a glance to the upcoming ones, at least that way I can be sure I like the stuff I'm reading.