Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Oh. To be fair, Froggy is the tiny pet of Big the Cat, a game character with connections to Amy, so he was bound to put in an appearance.

4 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

Well, we know Heavy and Bomb aren't going to show up at least, and Nega's still up in the air as of now.

...I'd still would rather have had a Rogue arc to another Chaotix arc after the SWC. 

Aww damn, Heavy and Bomb got mandated? that sucks.

Wish we could know something about Nega, its been years already hell when I picked up this book (#185) Nega was still under a mandate.

5 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

You know, I'm starting to wonder when Babylon Rouge will show up. It didn't bothered me at first, they're not priority, but I realized that we had Gemerl, Vanila, Silver Sonic, Omochao, Honey, Wendy, , friccking Madonna, pretty much everyone who isn't dead or from other dimension (and we still got Marine, Whiskers, Chaos, Black Doom in flashback etc). Only ones missing are Heavy & Bomb, Yacker, Nega and Elise (and we know why last two won't show up).

That off panel from StH 251 (end of Collide) seems petty now.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see Yacker in the Lost World arc. We'll see.

9 minutes ago, goku262002 said:

Wish we could know something about Nega, its been years already hell when I picked up this book (#185) Nega was still under a mandate.

No, Ian confirmed Heavy and Bomb are still around.

As for Nega, he still seems to be off-limits, since he only got a vague mentioning in Pirate Plunder Panic.

1 hour ago, goku262002 said:

Not mandated, he's just gone on record to say that he's not got plans for them. 

5 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Not mandated, he's just gone on record to say that he's not got plans for them. 

Which I think is a shame, considering he just got them back into a big role before the reboot struck.  If there's space in this comic for people like the Witchcarters, there's room for them.

Just now, QuantumEdge said:

Which I think is a shame, considering he just got them back into a big role before the reboot struck.  If there's space in this comic for people like the Witchcarters, there's room for them.

To be fair, the Witchcarters are obscure game villains who have relatively logical connections to a long running comic villain. What relevance would Heavy and Bomb have?

1 hour ago, goku262002 said:

I think I say it once, but I'll say it again: Sonic fans are mad. Nega is one of the most hated Sonic characters, yet were so curious to see him in the comic. (Personally I kinda want to see Elise. I wonder what Flynn would to with her.)

27 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

To be fair, the Witchcarters are obscure game villains who have relatively logical connections to a long running comic villain. What relevance would Heavy and Bomb have?

Make them have logical connection to a long running character then.  The Witchcarters only have relevance because of the decision to have Wendy and Naugus related and give them more a fighting chance against Eggman.  You could insert Heavy and Bomb into the narrative a similar way without too taxing an effort in the end.

41 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Whatever they have planned for them. It's not really fair to claim the Witchcarters have a connection to a long running villian when, quite frankly, no one even expected them to pop up in the first place until we saw Wendy. That, and Archie Sonic has basically been giving relevance to a lot of characters from media that were irrelevant for over two decades, so why can't the same be done for Heavy and Bomb?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, QuantumEdge said:

Make them have logical connection to a long running character then.  The Witchcarters only have relevance because of the decision to have Wendy and Naugus related and give them more a fighting chance against Eggman.  You could insert Heavy and Bomb into the narrative a similar way without too taxing an effort in the end.

1 hour ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

Whatever they have planned for them. It's not really fair to claim the Witchcarters have a connection to a long running villian when, quite frankly, no one even expected them to pop up in the first place until we saw Wendy. That, and Archie Sonic has basically been giving relevance to a lot of characters from media that were irrelevant for over two decades, so why can't the same be done for Heavy and Bomb?

The comic's biggest claim to fame was that it was the place where most of the varying continuities of Sonic had characters, locations, and elements tied together into one cohesive whole. So, seeing any of these characters was kind of a no brainer, especially since we just rebooted into a universe that is much tightly closer to the SEGA games.

What I meant was that, from a logical perspective, many fans would/did look at Witchcart and think "Ixis Chimera/Troll Witch," so the earliest signs of it actually happening was sort of a pleasant surprise for some. And if they were bringing her in as another villain, then it made sense to bring in her minions as well.

With Heavy and Bomb, their exact place in the games' context is much more nebulous. Seeing as Knuckles, Mighty, and the Chaotix operate separately nowadays, what would those two's most logical place in the comic world be?

30 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

The comic's biggest claim to fame was that it was the place where most of the varying continuities of Sonic had characters, locations, and elements tied together into one cohesive whole. So, seeing any of these characters was kind of a no brainer, especially since we just rebooted into a universe that is much tightly closer to the SEGA games.

What I meant was that, from a logical perspective, many fans would/did look at Witchcart and think "Ixis Chimera/Troll Witch," so the earliest signs of it actually happening was sort of a pleasant surprise for some. And if they were bringing her in as another villain, then it made sense to bring in her minions as well.

With Heavy and Bomb, their exact place in the games' context is much more nebulous. Seeing as Knuckles, Mighty, and the Chaotix operate separately nowadays, what would those two's most logical place in the comic world be?

Literally anywhere they can be made use of. That was my point - not every character was a no brainer because not all of them were even expected. And those that are in the comics from other media or obscure games have wildly different roles compared to their source.

And no one actually looked at Witchcart and thought "Ixis Chimera/Troll Witch," because prior to her appearance no one expected her to show up, nor even be related to Naugus to begin with (nevermind that people in this very topic at the time though the name "Ixis" was off limits due to the lawsuit until it was shown otherwise, so no one definitely thought that). And even if some did expect her appearance, she could have been anything relating to magic other than a troll and family member to Naugus - who's to say she couldn't have been an unrelated human friend of Naugus in a multi-species organization of magical wielders opposed to Eggman? It's only now in hindsight that people are making that connection when they were revealed as the Naugus Twins.

Heck, Mighty and Ray themselves are already an example of this. They're no longer part of the Chaotix due to being scrapped in the games from which their most well known appearance is non-canon and the Chaotix being completely retooled into a detective agency, but do Mighty and Ray not have a logical place in the comic world? Because few, if any people knew what they would be doing in this new setting until they appeared. So what's stopping this for Heavy and Bomb under similar circumstances other than the fact that Ian doesn't have plans for them at the moment? How do they not have a place in a setting that has given many other characters a place when it didn't have to?

• Thumbs Up 3

13 minutes ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

And no one actually looked at Witchcart and thought "Ixis Chimera/Troll Witch," because prior to her appearance no one expected her to show up, nor even be related to Naugus to begin with (nevermind that people in this very topic at the time though the name "Ixis" was off limits due to the lawsuit until it was shown otherwise, so no one definitely thought that). And even if some did expect her appearance, she could have been anything relating to magic other than a troll and family member to Naugus - who's to say she couldn't have been an unrelated human friend of Naugus in a multi-species organization of magical wielders opposed to Eggman? It's only now in hindsight that people are making that connection when they were revealed as the Naugus Twins.

Here's a few examples.

http://www.bumbleking.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3394

http://www.bumbleking.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7928&start=15

http://www.bumbleking.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7584&sid=6a116b58cba23eef53aec27ebc8943d1

http://www.bumbleking.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6980&sid=c978dd200f5f0ab58b864666f04c39ad&start=30

OK, I know it's kinda late for me to give my comments on the newest issue, but suffice it to say it was awesome on so many levels, ugh. Diana Skelly's artwork is just so good, and combined with Flynn's writing, I think it really helps the comic capture what feels like the perfect tone for Sonic - really fun and cartoony, but still action-packed, intense, and dramatic. It all just works together soooo well.

Pretty much every aspect of the writing and art was A+, but a specific point that I felt was really well-handled was making it very believable that things would go the way they did and Eggman would be able to get the upper hand with all his attacks, without ever making the heroes seem weaker than they should be - e.g. Gemerl was overwhelmed by great numbers, and in just a single page, the King was shown to be a talented and powerful fighter, but it still didn't feel unbelievable or wrong that he should be taken out with a single powerful blow from an extremely physically strong character. The entire thing worked super well on so many levels. Gooood stuff. I'm definitely looking forward to more!

Yeah this was one hell of a issue, the Sonic and co haven't been this overwhelmed in a while, and Eggman actually done well planning this operation, Also nice seeing Speedy in his armor as well.

Glad they got Skelly doing these upcoming issues.

• Thumbs Up 1

Pretty sure Flynn will include them when he has a good time and place. Better that than cramming them in just because they exist.

19 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Those...don't exactly prove anything? As a matter of fact, they reinforced my point about Wendy being literally anything other than an "Ixis Chimera/Troll Witch" - you're only saving grace in those examples was that one person there seemed to suggest something close to what you're saying, but the speculations were still in the air over what Wendy could have been prior to her being a family member of Naugus.

That's still doesn't refute the main point that Heavy and Bomb wouldn't have a logical place in the comic when by all means they could if the opportunity presented itself.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok. I just wanted to reinforce the point that some characters have/had certain expectations compared to others.

Actually, I'm curious: where do any of you imagine Heavy and Bomb would fit in the PSGW World?

24 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Actually, I'm curious: where do any of you imagine Heavy and Bomb would fit in the PSGW World?

Heavy and Bomb could be Dr. Ellidy's attendants, along with the other Badniks that got reprogrammed to work for him on Isolated Island.

25 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Ok. I just wanted to reinforce the point that some characters have/had certain expectations compared to others.

Personally I'd like either a teaming up with Gemerl as Mobotropolis' defence team, or they tag along with Mighty and Ray, since I like the idea of a forgotten hero team.

1 hour ago, SilverStarN64 said:

Heavy and Bomb could be Dr. Ellidy's attendants, along with the other Badniks that got reprogrammed to work for him on Isolated Island.

Aaand that's what I get for runnin my mouth. Good job, mate!

I forgot a lot of context regarding those two so I legitimately couldn't think of where they'd go. All I remembered was that they claimed to be rebelling from Eggman and tried to help the Chaotix with their somewhat hindering powers.

Basic rule of thumb: if Big the Cat of all characters can be made from an obscure side-character to one of the main-line Freedom Fighters, there is no stopping any other character from having a place. ;)

• Thumbs Up 4

I can't find the conversation right now, but the thing I'm on about basically said that he knew where they were in the world, but the most we need to know is that they exist and do their own thing that's not in the view of the comic.