Awoo.

Full first two levels

speedfreak

Might as well be a ring trail to light dash on.

Better idea: They could just get rid of them altogther. If they still wanted them, I would prefer a single button or no more than three, because it got ridiculous the further you went in Unleashed

It got ridiculous because the timers got skimpy, not because of the amount of buttons. Even as bad a gamer as I am, learning the controller's interface well enough to do a five-button sequence in my sleep wasn't taxing. What was nerve-wracking was simply hitting them all in 0.12 seconds.

Looking at Colors' example, it seems like Sonic performs a different aerial maneuver in conjunction with a button press, which I do like. Just extend this to more buttons than 'A' (and I'd argue to more than three; That's weaksauce, man xP), and make the time to hit the buttons in relation to the number that you have to press fairer. Just by the fact that the entire event is broken into compartments as it is, the spectrum of performance has potential to not be simply "Pass" and "Fail."

Edited by Nepenthe

We just need Act 1 of Sweet Mountain and the 2 boss battles, and we'll have seen everything there is to see thus far.

Well, that and some decent DS footage.

Well I really like what I'm seeing right now, but like most others my concern is how long the game is going to take to beat it. I mean unless the latter stages become ball busting difficult, it seems like this might take maybe 4 hours to beat. Anyway, the Wisp abilities that were shown were very cool, and I really can't wait to see more of them.

Still, after seeing gameplay, I know that I'm going to be picking this up when it comes out.

I'm not THAT too interested into knowing how long it might take to beat the whole game's story. I'm more interested at beating it at 110%: Secrets, missions, mini games.

Also I wanna know if there is plenty of replay value in each and every game.

The reaction to my previous post is almost comical.

It got ridiculous because the timers got skimpy, not because of the amount of buttons. Even as bad a gamer as I am, learning the controller's interface well enough to do a five-button sequence in my sleep wasn't taxing. What was nerve-wracking was simply hitting them all in 0.12 seconds.

Looking at Colors' example, it seems like Sonic performs a different aerial maneuver in conjunction with a button press, which I do like. Just extend this to more buttons than 'A' (and I'd argue to more than three; That's weaksauce, man xP), and make the time to hit the buttons in relation to the number that you have to press fairer. Just by the fact that the entire event is broken into compartments as it is, the spectrum of performance has potential to not be simply "Pass" and "Fail."

Mavis Beacon!!

But seriously now, I'm not even sure if QTE is really an accurate description for what we saw in Unleashed. A typical QTE is typically a thing for whenever the designers want to have the player do something that the regular control scheme doesn't include buttons for. Every one of the Mavis Beacon moments triggers the same action, so I don't know if it can really be called a QTE. It still strikes me as a strange thing to do. There were textbook QTE's in the game, though, primarily during boss fights, especially as the Werehog. These could have done without the sound effects, though.

Now I've never played Shenmue (don't hurt me, fans), but isn't that game the originator of the modern QTE? And doesn't it include QTEs that takes control of seemingly-possible actions? One of the first videos I looked up shows Ryo chasing after some guy down an alley and dodging obstacles and people via QTEs; Now really, couldn't the player have simply move out of the way on his own if it were programmed as such?

QTEs don't have to be relegated to actions that would be impossible if left up to complete player input. In fact, I consider practicality irrelevant to the whole purpose of a QTE. They merely add suspense and urgency to a moment, thus when even mundane actions are overcome in this way, there's a noticeable catharsis. So whether I'm destroying a possessed phoenix or launching off a ramp, they still provide their own sense of satisfaction to the overall experience which is why I don't give the actual concept a hard time.

• Thumbs Up 1

"The unfiltered starlight from the lovely constellations above is full of deadly radiation!"

:lol:

That's one of the things I can hear Robotnik saying over the loud speaker. It made me bust out laughing.

Edited by speedfreak

"The unfiltered starlight from the lovely constellations above is full of deadly radiation!"

:lol:

That's one of the things I can hear Robotnik saying over the load speaker. It made me bust out laughing.

I also heard him say something like "The person who's parked their-" before being cut off with the level noise and another one which seemed to mention a hedgehog.

I hoped that Robotnik might talk through some or all of the levels but this is better than I thought. Here's hoping that it sounds as awesome when heard clearly.

Such a small detail that adds so much character to the game. Well actually Robotnik did it in SA2 also but his lines here are actually pretty funny.

I still don't want those QTEs ever again. Just...ugh.

I find it strange they were added in the first place when Sound was more than capable of making those jumps in earlier games...but whatever.

I think act 2 on E3 Sounds Like incomplete , you can see enemies behind the goal ring

and what gold ring? its supposed to be capsule for free the wisps and a goal ring in an usual place

that just proves its not complete.

I need to go to bed but I'm worried that I'll wake up tomorrow and this epic E3 and Sonic Colours will all turn out to be a dream. D:

Maybe it's just me but I think I heard the Crash Bandicoot crate breaking sounds.

Naww I don't hear it I would tell If it was there after many years of playing Crash Bandicoot on the PS1/PS2, the crates in the 2D drilling section have no breaking sounds in that video similar to Crash's breaking crates sound

Edited by Crash

Maybe it's just me but I think I heard the Crash Bandicoot crate breaking sounds.

that just proves its a crash bandicoot rip off (joking)

the Crashing sound was available in so many ways in sonic unleashed , like when sonic crashes into empire city or spagonia crashing into woods , it can be even listened in any game in any movie in even real life :P

Edited by TonicTheHedgehog

Naww I don't hear it I would tell If it was there after many years of playing Crash Bandicoot on the PS1/PS2, the crates in the 2D drilling section have no sounds in that video similar to Crash's crates

I swear I heard them in the part where Sonic was breaking through those road blocks on the Sweet Sweet Mountain part.

I swear I heard them in the part where Sonic was breaking through those road blocks on the Sweet Sweet Mountain part.

here :

its in sonic unleashed too , its normal not any sound of some thing breaking is a crash bandicoot sound ...

it could appear even in real life.

Edited by TonicTheHedgehog

Ahhh I was thinking the boxes in the 2D section yes they do but not much though lol I would not compare them to Crash though since that sound is a common sound in games anyway.

Edited by Crash

Okay, back to the topic.

So far everything I've seen about this game, I like. The gameplay, the music, the color mechanics...

I think I've become more interested in this than Sonic 4.