Awoo.

Sonic Colours E3 Trailer

Kori-Maru

Simply put: Visuals are absolutely stunning but the vocals kill the music completely.

I think this will be the one time I buy the same game for different consoles, for obvious reasons. :3

CGI was astounding, my jaw hit the floor.

I am loving the things like the golden chains (how many Sonic CD references will this game get?!), the hi-five with the Wisps, and strangely enough I'm loving the theme. It's like DOAA with a hint of Runblebee, or maybe not. Either way, the full version will be on my look forward to list.

Now that the FTP's been locked off I dunno how we're going to be able to find our lovely 500MB+ HD version, but I would dearly like one if somebody's brave enough to search. This thing would be prettier than Pixar in HD.

So far I've watched it 14 times, I'm going to keep a tally!

EDIT: Instrumental version is weird, I sure won't be complaining about the vocals now. Seems to be missing something...although it's a nice version of the tune for sure.

Edited by Extryn

Nice CG (as always), but cringeworthy music is cringeworthy.

How about some NEW SCREENS TO GO WITH THE TRAILER?

20657Sweet_Mountain.jpg

20658Tropical_Resort%20(1).jpg

20659Tropical_Resort%20(2).jpg

20660Tropical_Resort%20(3).jpg

20661Tropical_Resort%20(4).jpg

Stage design is looking good though. Now to see it in action.

Maybe at Nintendo's press conference?

Trailer is awesome. Theme tune is pretty cool and will definitely grow on me over time to the point I will be listening to nothing else just before the game's release.

Screens are deliciously gorgeous and the positive impressions have got me excited. Could this finally be the 3D Sonic we've all been waiting for? It's certainly heading that way. Good work, SEGA.

C'mon everybody, let's reeeeeeeach for the stars tonight ~

As was already pointed out I've just put up the SOE version and a bit like when we had Black Knight's initial trailer (remember that) we've got an instrumental version of the music for the trailer.

Thanks for the uploaded Kori-Maru :D

Anyhow, this is a bad joke at this point. It was the same trailer we saw 2-3 weeks ago, with 15 extra seconds of CGI and still no gameplay. I was hoping for something like the Sonic Unleashed E3 trailer, that was perfect! That's my gripe with the trailer for Force Unleashed 2; I don't care how pretty your CGI is, I wanna see how the game plays.

Aw well, here's to hoping we'll get some impression footage maybe today or something?

Where are you guys getting all this info? My old links suck.

Also, can someone rip that instrumental version?

EDIT: Where can i download the trailer video in HQ?

Edited by goku262002

OH MY GOD THAT AUTO-TUNE. UGGGGGGHH WHY. That would be awesome but that just sounds so bad D:

From the DS screens it's obvious it's Sonic Rush so I guess we finally get a proper console Rush? Sounds good to me. I'm interested.

CG is excellent, and the instrumental is good, but the lyrics are horribufuckus.

Sonic turning into the laser looks really cool though. I was hoping the trailer would show some actual gameplay too, but I guess we'll see that throughout E3.

EDIT: is Eggman's space station made from Lite-Brite pegs?

Edited by The Soldier

The Wii version looks gorgeous.

VE studio's CGI is stunning as usual.

It's not VE. VE doesn't put that weird normal/displacement map all over Sonic's body (What exactly is that supposed to be?), his eyes are 3D models instead of textures, and they also animate his facial expressions much better. VE would also probably not leave Sonic's hands in their neutral pose for the initial trailer. It looks like the same CG team behind the SatBK CG. I think they're not actually part of Sega.

Don't you love auto tune? Because I love auto tune. I wish I could love it to death.

I like the vibe the trailer gives off, but still concerned how this game is going to play considering its pedigree.

You beat me to the punch. ='(

But here's the lot of them.

4701738121_cc12467d75.jpg4701738363_b6e9455139.jpg4701738469_bc9dd7fc67.jpg

4701735321_4da88134c0.jpg4701735197_89aaa8a0b1.jpg4702369470_24162b717b.jpg4701735003_b125e920e0.jpg4702369264_04e26b911d.jpg4702369156_3b77831306.jpg4701734703_792231ed03.jpg4702368998_c6beb05f32.jpg4701734511_bd5c556a4f.jpg

DS version looks like sonic rush 3 with wisps insted of blaze.

Wii version looks like Sonic Unleashed with wisps in stead of werehogs.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Theme Royale with Cheese

EDIT: Instrumental version = delicious

Given the amount of Wisps in such a short area, they look like they'll be used as a method of level progression as I expected. I like it like that, really brings out the creative uses for them.

I think starting to get an idea as to how the Laser Wisp may work. As we've seen, Sonic usually travels along in a zigzag and ricochets off of crystal things. I don't really know how it'll work in 3D, though I'm getting the feeling it'll work similar to the boost in Unleashed, slower and more flexible of course, but I think in 2D it'll be used to bounce off of those crystals, kinda like how a beam of light is reflected in many different directions when passed through a prism.

Edited by Black Spy

Nice CG (as always), but cringeworthy music is cringeworthy.

Maybe they'll change it up a bit before the release. Let the Speed to mend it or w/e it's called got a big change from the E3 Trailer to the actual game release, which was better IMO.

tl;dr

there's still hope XD however I kinda like it.

20659Tropical_Resort%20%282%29.jpg

Why do I feel like the background is inspired from the Nocturns citadel from Sonic Chronicles?

20658Tropical_Resort%20%281%29.jpg

While this one has an Abadat feeling mixed with Shamar Buildings

20661Tropical_Resort%20%284%29.jpg

This one gives a Abadat mixed with Mazuri environment

Maybe its just me but it doesn't mean its a bad thing either. I'm liking it even more now hehe.

Whoa, where've I been? Oh yeah, E3 topics :P

Once again, Sega doesn't fail to disapoint in the Audio and Visual departments. The Song sounds awesome.

Maybe they'll change it up a bit before the release. Let the Speed to mend it or w/e it's called got a big change from the E3 Trailer to the actual game release, which was better IMO.

tl;dr

there's still hope XD however I kinda like it.

Do you mean "Seven Rings In Hand"? (which had different sounding background vocals in one trailer I found) Or is there some trailer featuring a different "Let The Speed Mend It" I'm not aware of?

And let's not forget how many changes "Knight Of The Wind" went through before it's final (or not so final considering the Crush 40 CD version) release.

But I have to admit, despite only hearing about thirty seconds of it, it sounds rather polished and finished sounding.

Edited by Snatcher2047

I'm prolly the only person on here who likes the song (with lyrics) better than the instrumental version. :/

Also, now that I've seen the DS screens, I'm not so sure I'll be getting it for the DS anymore. I don't really need another Rush game; I have two already, so I'll save some money.

The Wii version is still a day one purchase for me though.

The space station in the opening reminds me terribly of the one from Unleashed.

Inb4 Colours ending sequence = Unleashed starting sequence.

^ALOT it looks alot like it if you remove all the colors and put it all gray minus the chains.

Tho I think its heavily based on Sonic CD since its floating in space (CD: floating in the sky), Chained to the earth (CD: chained to a mountain on earth) and... sucking the colors? (CD: ... time and space with the time stones??)

Also when Sonic used the cyan wisp powers to flash trough all the eggpawn it was like in unleashed when he zipped trough the horde of eggbots on Eggman's space ship using the boost.

The space station in the opening reminds me terribly of the one from Unleashed.

Inb4 Colours ending sequence = Unleashed starting sequence.

I honestly think that would be the coolest thing they could do with this game.