Awoo.

Donkey Kong Country Returns

Shaddix Leto Croft

GAmetrailer just give it a 9.0. I can't wait for buy the game =P

I wonder if the water stage themes are somewhere in the game. I know they said no swimming stages but hey, the music could be used for soemthing else (besides, that was one of my favorite themes)

Edited by Viku

Picked it up today, but haven't popped it in yet, =3. Gamestop conned me into getting the cheap pre-order bonus deal, XD. He said "I'll make you a deal, you pre-order Skyward Sword, I'll give you the DK pre-order." I was like "K, but as long as I can upgrade to a special edition Skyward Sword version in the future, >(."

...Now on the hunt for the music rip *shot*

-Blur

I have to wait till the 3rd December WHY NINTENDO WHYY!!1! *sigh* Yeah I'm looking forward for the music rip of this game but I rather have the game though XD than a music rip =D.

The game's awesome so far. I've been playing co-op, and we've been going through our lives FAST. Not just because the game is challenging(although it is, trust me), but because you share lives. Dying and watching the life counter tick from 3 to 1 is pretty devastating.

And I'm having a hard time buying the whole "the less experienced player can pick Diddy and ride on Donkey Kong's back" thing. It's true that Diddy is clearly advantaged, but whenever we join forces it's usually because Donkey Kong needs help. Playing as one and being able to use the Jetpack can be a godsend in certain areas, and you can make jumps with less hesitation.

Still, I'm having a lot of fun, and it's easily the best DKC game to date.

Picked up the game this afternoon, just finished world 6. Absolutely fantastic piece of work. It takes everything the original trilogy did and amps it up to 11. There are some rough spots here and there, as well as some gameplay mechanics I wish they had kept from the older games, but all in all, this is easily, in my opinion, the best platformer released this year, barely edging out the amazing Super Mario Galaxy 2.

I'm glad Retro was given the chance to try something new after Metroid Prime 3. Now let's see them work their magic on the Star Fox series. That would be a definite sight to behold. Make it happen, Nintendo.

I'm planning to get Donkey Kong Country Returns soon, most likely in the holidays. It's nice to see the game get good reviews, though.

Now let's see them work their magic on the Star Fox series. That would be a definite sight to behold. Make it happen, Nintendo.
Edited by Vulpine
  • Thumbs Up 1

I got a pre order for it today at GAME only getting it from there due to getting a free pre order bonus DK t-shirt XD

Edited by Shaddix da Immortal Enigma

So I played up until the Cave section's boss. This game is like perfect, ;D. Has just enough challenge to it, and the gameplay is like seamless, O_o. Everything about this game is awesome, XD. If anything, I wish there were more original swing tracks, but I'm perfectly content with the music, <3.

-Blur

Wow, those temple levels are tough. I'm only on the second "world" as I've been going back to levels to try and find the KONG letters and puzzle pieces. So far it's pretty great though.

Up to the Factory now. I think Nintendo needs a new policy: don't know what to do with a franchise? Give it to Retro.

Really, its just amazing how they're able to give each level such an individual motif within the very narrow themes they use. You'd expect the beach levels to be calm and straightforward, but suddenly PIRATE SHIPS! TIDAL WAVES! GIANT OCTOPUS! ROCKET BARRELS!

Now the CAVE level, oh man...

Edited by SuperStingray

I'm at the Factory *almost done with it* and I think it's my favorite stage. I love the throwback to the original red beams from the first Donkey Kong game. The silhouetted levels are by far my favorite I think, with the Factory one being the most favorite. Sadly there's only 2 of these so far though, =(.

-Blur

Having a lot of fun so far, though I can't believe some reviewers rated down Sonic Colors for cheap deaths but were fine with it in this game. I've died more cheap deaths in single levels of DKCR than I did in the entirety of Sonic Colors. :lol:

Oh and those rocket barrel levels can eat a dick. Mashing and letting go of "A" to go up and down is ass.

I was so high on Sonic Colors, saying it was the best Sonic game in 15 years. Turns out its not even the best Wii platformer THIS MONTH.

DKCR is GODLIKE

264703k.jpg

Just got back home with my brand new copy of the game that I bought with a bunch of bananas at GAME in Merry Hill, Dudley. Was totally worth going out at 5am to queue up for, especially as I'm pretty broke and jobless right now. Had a great laugh with the other people waiting for the game outside GAME once the shopping centre staff opened all of the various doors for people to queue inside. It was great fun :)

Congratulations on getting to cash in on that awesome offer, Shadzter! How many others were there in the queue with bananas (and indeed, how far into the queue were you?).

Enjoy the game because you've got one nifty bargain there. If only a GAME near me was doing the same deal!

And so, in honour of this ridiculously amazing offer, there is only one thing that can be said:

GO BANANA!

go-banana1.jpg

:lol:

• Thumbs Up 2

Thanks, and lol at that The Simpsons reference :lol:

Once the Merry Hill staff opened the shopping centre's various doors and everyone got to GAME at about 7:45 there was about 7 of us, but we slowly got the full 20 people by the time the store opened at 9. Before the store opened, one of the GAME staff came out and told us that Nintendo was here, but they're missing a 3rd staff member who was supposed to be paying for our free game's and we would have to wait for him to arrive, which may have been until 10 or 11am. Thankfully some GAME manager at head office saved the day somehow and we all got our game when the store opened :D

EDIT:

Oh, and in answer to your other question Doctor MK, I was in 5th place in queue.