Awoo.

Donkey Kong Country Returns

Shaddix Leto Croft

I really don't get why it's still an issue, it must be some sort of dick waving contest (pardon my French). Somehow playing a difficult game that shows children, and less skilled gamers, how to beat it must make you less of a man. Yet then they'd complain about the game being too hard. "Hardcore" gamers these days.

Edited by Hero Of Fate

Honestly, I'd much rather they put in the Super Guide, if it means they don't dumb down the difficulty to make sure everyone can make it to the ending.

And really, what harm does it do? If you don't want to use it, you don't have to.

I don't see the problem with the Super Guide. You don't have to use it if you don't want to, and Mario Galaxy 2 and NSMBW have already shown that they don't compromise level design for implementing it.

Sorry you're right, I don't have to use it. Ignore my previous remark.

Edit: If anything I should be happy that another DKC game is being made, and looking to be fantastic.

Edited by Balding Spider

The Official Site is up and has been updated with several videos!

That story intro is freaking AWESOME.

*SPOILER WARNING*

Nintendo World Report has released direct-feed footage of Worlds 7 and 8.

Do be warned, however, as a pretty major event of the game is at the end of the video.

As a note, I LOVE that they've given names to all the enemies just like in the original trilogy. I also dig Mr. Game and Watch's little cameo at the beginning of the video. It also looks like there's going to be a Lost World in this game called "The Golden Temple".

Edited by chaoscontrol14

The Gamespot video preview if anyones interested.

Edit: So glad squawks is returning.

Edited by Balding Spider

Ugh... for some reason lava-themed worlds always creep me out...

Well, in any case, looks like we've got our lava world now. Not too uncommon... except this one's far more realistic looking that past ones have been. Creepy...

So... was this ever mentioned?

GameInformer reviewed the game and gave it a 9.5.

Apparently Nintendo Power gave the game an 8.5 as well. /v/ says it went something among the lines of "Mario did co-op platforming first and its too hard".

Well, if they're going to make that complaint, Sonic did it before even Mario did. Although the original Mario games came out before the Death Egg Saga, and 2-Player was available, 2-Player coop wasn't. Sonic 2 and 3 both had 2-Player coop (plus 3 & Knuckles if you locked-on).

Still looks awesome to me. Damnit... too many awesome games coming out soon... However, the only one I'll really be able to AFFORD in the next several months in Skyward Sword... that's the one I'm most interested in. I still want Colors and DKCR, too, though.

Well, if they're going to make that complaint, Sonic did it before even Mario did. Although the original Mario games came out before the Death Egg Saga, and 2-Player was available, 2-Player coop wasn't. Sonic 2 and 3 both had 2-Player coop (plus 3 & Knuckles if you locked-on).

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure they're referring to on the Wii only. Mario DID do it first with New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure they're referring to on the Wii only. Mario DID do it first with New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

Even so, Sonic 2 was on the virtual console 2 years before NSMBW.

Destructoid gives it a 10! Flawless Victory for Retro once again.

I'm off to actually read the review now. God I can't wait to get my hands on this.

Edit: I forgot to ask, does this support the CC? If so, it'd be perfect to use the SNES CC just for this game.

Edited by Super Meat Swiss

Has there been any word an official soundtrack by the way? It's one of the biggest things I'm looking forward to with this game, <3.

-Blur

It's time to add to the pile of good reviews. GameTrailers gives it a 9!

I also heard that they've brought back Cranky's comments in the manual. AWESOME! :lol:

Edited by chaoscontrol14

I also heard that they've brought back Cranky's comments in the manual. AWESOME! :lol:

Oh, god, I remember that from DK64's manual. Retro really is all about the details. With Kirby's Epic Yarn, Super Meat Boy, Sonic Colors and this, it's really a great season for platformers.