Awoo.

Natal's New Name

AdventChild

£100 (I think that what it would cost over here in pounds) for Kinect ha I can get a DSi for that price and get better games 10 times better what the Kinect is offering for games right now haha Fail

Edited by Crash The Tomb Raider

Oh my it's really $150?

Well shoot, so much for that. I'll get that Super Sonic statue instead.

After everyone in the world laughed at them, Microsoft has gone "not really guys" and relabled the $150 on their website as being unofficial.

So I realized that Child of Eden was in development for the better part of a year before Natal was a thing, so I don't care about getting it that anymore.

Edited by Phos

After everyone in the world laughed at them, Microsoft has gone "not really guys" and relabled the $150 on their website as being unofficial.

They are going to put the new price at $145 and it will look like a steal!

Jokes aside, at 150 big ones, the only people who will buy the thing are real gamers interested in the tech and Kinect has already branded itself to the casual audience. Nasty little catch 22 here. Microsoft can either lower the price and sell it at a big loss to get the casuals interested, or they can re-brand Kinect with some hardcore stuff (which might take some time).

Unfortunately, I suspect neither. Its probably gonna stay at 150. 140 if we are lucky.

Edited by Sega DogTagz

So I realized that Child of Eden was in development for the better part of a year before Natal was a thing, so I don't care about getting it that anymore.

I really don't care about the fact that Kinect was thrown in at a later time, I'd still get it on Kinect if only for the fact that it looks to be the only game so far that uses Kinect and is actually looking good with it.

Just got one of ShopTo's e-mail adverts and in it was a big section about pre-ordering Kinect complete with price of £124.86 RRP £129.99 and release date of 19th November 2010 though it says -

*(RRP's have yet to be confirmed, pre-order now and pay the lowest price if we reduce the cost)*

Here's the listing on their site -

http://www.shopto.net/XBOX%20360/VIDEO%20GAMES/XB2KI03-Kinect%20for%20Xbox%20360.html

I certainly hope the final price isn't around that mark, way too expensive in my oppinion.

I really don't care about the fact that Kinect was thrown in at a later time, I'd still get it on Kinect if only for the fact that it looks to be the only game so far that uses Kinect and is actually looking good with it.

Man, if something like Mars [Tera] were to show up when I'm playing on Kinect I'd basically be screwed.

And Spooney and Angry Joe play Kinect. I feel like asking, "Wow, this is what you spent all that time one?"

Kinect pre-orders are 'very low', says UK retailer

Despite being the top selling video game product on Amazon.com last week, Microsoft's upcoming motion control interface Kinect is struggling to gain ground in the UK, according to ShopTo.net CEO Igor Cipolletta.Talking to Eurogamer, Cipolletta said that the price for Kinect is "too high", with rumours pointing to a possible £129.99 price point for the device when it launches this November.

"Pre-orders are very low," added the exec, pointing out that consumers could buy a Wii for £10 more.

Microsoft is still to confirm a price point for Kinect, but stick by claims that it will "offer great value for money."

The company previously priced the motion sensor at $149.99 on its online store before removing the listing. Microsoft's Aaron Greenberg later said that the price point was "purely speculative".

Kinect launches for Xbox 360 this November

]http://www.gamerzine...s-very-low.html

if true I would not be surprised one bit to be honest XD

Edited by Crash