Awoo.

Sonic 4 Avatar Clothing

Shaddix Leto Croft

I wish they'd release this stuff on Home. If only for the fact you can now transform your avatar into things like spaceships and strange little pets... transform it into a motor bug and driving around would give me at least a couple of moments of entertainment.

BTW, that box with the cartridge was TOTALLY inspired by my make your own Genesis box. SEGA didn't say it, but considering how Ruby went gaga for my design over at the SoA forums, it's pretty obvious.

Thankfully I looked at the avatar case it looks to be a fully original design, so no need for me to sue SEGA. ;) Actually, my heart started to race when I noticed that the back looked very very much like my own design. Yeah yeah, I know if it WAS my design I'd be happy and would probably have no grounds to sue considering I used official art and screens. Anyway, compare/contrast:

left is original Sonic 1 box, right is my design:

img8288.jpg

picture2sz.png

picture3bj.png

thumblg.png

img8287t.jpg

Edited by Barry the Nomad
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 1 year later...

How odd... isn't it a bit early for this? I mean, the game's not even out yet, and they're already handing out the Avatar Items?

Episode 1's items released in December 2010, while the game was released a few months before. So at least they're releasing these before the game and not after. Perhaps the 2 month gap for Episode 1 means the same 2 month gap for Episode 2? Only the other way around? So a late May release?

The full Tails costume is female only? Yeah, ok SEGA. That'll help.

• Thumbs Up 2

Amigo confirmed for Episode 2.

Edit: Oh there's more on the site. The Special Stage seems cool.

Edited by MarcelloF

The full Tails costume is female only? Yeah, ok SEGA. That'll help.

I think what makes that worse is that, after checking out the Generations stuff in comparison, there's a Male version of the Classic Amy costume...

And alot of these look really neat. I quite like the Tails and Metal Sonic toys, not to mention little circus act that Snowy and Scarabesque put on. The Capsule, Special Stage and Episode 2 Cartridge ones really nice looking. I think I like the avatar items more than what I;ve seen of the game so far...

Wow, quite the stuff. If I remember right, Episode I didn't have so much stuff for the XBLA avatars. So much to choose

Regarding bugging SEGA for PSN items, is it even worthwhile? I know avatars aren't as integrated into PSN as they are on the 360. Also, I can't see any of the non-clothing items working on PSN.

Regarding bugging SEGA for PSN items, is it even worthwhile? I know avatars aren't as integrated into PSN as they are on the 360. Also, I can't see any of the non-clothing items working on PSN.

How about some Sonic/Tails/Metal/Eggman Avatars for the PSN?

Edited by Tmsp

They would however work exeptionally well in Playstation Home. You can now have a companion/pet that follows you around so even the 'toy's' could do stuff other than just sit there.

Sega does invest quite a lot into Playstation Home... except when it comes to Sonic... I really don't know why since it would go down great. Whilst Avatars and Themes are nice, I'd rather we get some Home items from time to time.

Yeah, I just noticed that Tails was women-only. Also, the hoodies don't even seem to be uploaded yet.

Ughh, I hate how they charge money for virtual items, really. It's not like they do anything other than look fancy. I mean, to get all these Episode 2 items would cost around £20. For what they are, it's ridiculous really. =S

EDIT: (Read: "I want them all, but even I have enough common sense not to")

Edited by -Mark-

If you own an XBOX, you can join rewards.xbox.com and get free points. Thats how I pay for avatar items and cheap DLC.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm a member of that, but how do you actually get free points? Do you have to do anything? I've been a member for a while but don't seem to have got anything at all.

EDIT: (Read: "I want them all, but even I have enough common sense not to")

You're lying to yourself. Admit it.

You know,I'd like some of these things. But I can never bring myself to spend money on digital clothing, toys and whatnot for something I never use. I'll play a game online on my Xbox about twice a year, and never really talk to people through it either. Seems like too much of a waste.

I'm a member of that, but how do you actually get free points? Do you have to do anything? I've been a member for a while but don't seem to have got anything at all.

I know they give 20 points a month for taking a short survey. You also get 200 points whenever you renew your gold membership for a year (10 points if you renew 1 month) and certain months they give you points when you spend 800 points on a game or anything else. There are also specials, like I got 200 points for taking a Bing survey. One time they gave a percentage of your points back for whatever you spent in March. So I got 30 points back after buying an arcade game.

It's not a load of points, but it's nice to know you're assured 20 points a month at least. I'm a very casual user of the service, and I racked up over 1,000 points in a year.

Edited by Barry the Nomad

I just bought the Metal Sonic face! Now i gotta wait before i get the tails costume and one of the props.(Probably either the capsule or the badniks.)