Awoo.

Future Sonic Heroes and Mario & Sonic Titles confirmed?

Agent York

Heroes? Sounds okay, as long as the gameplay is dramatically improved. If you ask me, they should take the route previously mentioned in this topic where you choose the members you want on your team, and make the whole teamwork deal somewhat optional through the level design, instead of being so forced. Also, I hated how the gameplay was ridiculously bombarded with nerfing the character's abilities in order to "flesh out" the gameplay. If anything it should more in vein of the character following of Sonic 2 and Shadow, with instantaneous character switching.

Oh yeah, I wouldn't mind if they fixed character movement and the glitchiness as well. Heck, if all the characters could just move similar to how they did off SA1/SA2 (minus Tails in the SA2 area) and with fixed physics and a proper roll mechanic, we'd have a winner.

I'm just tired of playing Sonic games where every character is so different in controls. I just want another Sonic game that isn't SatBK that gives you characters that play the same but different. And really I'm dissapointed that Heroes could have been something great but fell flat on it's face.

These are some of the things I would probably like to see out of this:

A Paper M&S RPG - definitely would like to see Mario and Sonic combing worlds having Sonic and crew as party members while having the same or a revamp of PM:TTYD's gameplay. Also, it would be fairly interesting to see what Sonic's world would be like in paper.

Another idea to mix Mario and Sonic, in RPG form again, would be like the Mario and Luigi RPGs. Though maybe add Sonic and Tails (or maybe Shadow instead, then it could be as close as it gets for being similar to M&S DBZ parody flash, but I digress) with them on an adventure against Bowser and Eggman. It could work.

For All-Stars, I think an Sega All-Stars vs Capcom should be warranted. Streets of Rage chars in a game like this is a total must, and a good super move would be the whole police car with rockets and ballistics from the first game. Lest not forget Power Stone as well! Capcom should definitely remember this game and bring the chars back for a game like this like with Batsu from Rival Schools in TvC. Off topic for a moment, but Capcom should definitely try to make more games for Rival Schools and Power Stone. Heck, maybe an All-Star fighting game with gameplay in the vein of Power Stone would be pretty darn cool as well.

A Paper M&S RPG - definitely would like to see Mario and Sonic combing worlds having Sonic and crew as party members while having the same or a revamp of PM:TTYD's gameplay. Also, it would be fairly interesting to see what Sonic's world would be like in paper.

I must say I'm surprised at all the love these crossover games get in general. I've never so much as played Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games, and have no intention ever to try it. Perhaps it's just the bitter console war veteran in me, but seeing Sonic in the same game as Mario is just... all kindsa wrong.

And this is to say nothing of the fact that the crossover games by their very nature can't be canon, thus rendering them completly useless from my storyfag viewpoint too. :\

Hmm who would be Silver, and Blazes 3rd team mate?

Speed: Blaze

Flight: Silver

Power: Marine

I am so serious with that, I've love to see Marine as a power type played for laughs. Besides, Silver and Blaze are established Flight and Speed already anyway.

Oh, and so long as they make flight formation USEFUL, Heroes 2 with Silver is an insta get for me. Bonus point for Team Super being level playable.

Edited by Aquaslash

From the second part of the interview:

What's your strategy as far as core games on Wii go after the problems you had with MadWorld? Are you reducing your presence in that area?

No, not at all - you'll see that at E3. One of the things is whether they're super-mature - that's a different thing. But the Wii market is huge. Going for the super-hardcore? Probably, the answer is not. But do we think there are edgy games we can bring out on Wii? Yes.

Games that are not casual but not super-hardcore either are in development for Wii, and will be reveiled at the next E3... could that new Sonic game be for Wii?

Would they define a Sonic game "edgy"? I think they've done it in the past.

I must say I'm surprised at all the love these crossover games get in general. I've never so much as played Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games, and have no intention ever to try it. Perhaps it's just the bitter console war veteran in me, but seeing Sonic in the same game as Mario is just... all kindsa wrong.

And this is to say nothing of the fact that the crossover games by their very nature can't be canon, thus rendering them completly useless from my storyfag viewpoint too. :\

I'll challenge you on that notion, mister.

2:00 by the swing set on the schoolyard playground. Plastic Power Rangers lunchbox for a weapon is optional. :P

This is a very odd statement, coming from a Chronicles fan. >:U

Despite its non-canocity, I positively <3 the story of Mario & Sonic at Vancouver Olympic's Adventure Tours. The entire game, actually. For one, the tone was so outrageously joyously happy, fun, and sweet that I believe it temporarily gave me diabetes. I loved how it managed to give every character featured a spot in the limelight with their own role in the story - the minor fellows such as Jet, Omochao, Charmy, and even some badniks got their chance to shine. Why, we even get to use Tails' intellectual prowess for a mechanical puzzle! The plot itself is actually way deeper than I would have expected (It took me about 2 days to complete) and was very well-written. The characters were all portrayed well, and there's even a few sub-plots that unfold as you progress. Neato.

Nega felt jarringly out of place compared to the rest of the cast with his creepy demeanour, and even committed the most heinous act we've seen perform in a game so far

He promises our delightful group of protagonists that he will set his hostage free once he is defeated in a Skeleton race. What does he do when they win? He keeps his end of the promise. By nonchalantly nudging the prisoner, still encaged, off of a cliff and into the frigid arctic ocean below.

Oh man, that was lovely!

One of the game's strongest points is comedy. Sonic's reaction after he learns that he can't use Warp Pipes is priceless, and Team Chaotix supply plenty of comic relief (Minus Espio, of course). There was also a moment in which Rouge

betrays Shadow by breaking her agreement to assist him and the crew, and teams up with Eggman (He bribed her with a large quantity of jewels native to that region). She gets defeated very soonafter.

Shadow's confrontation with her later in front of everybody just emanated "Oh, you are so getting the paddle tonight." Metal Sonic also starts off as a threatening force to be reckoned with, until

he becomes Bowser Jr.'s lovable Companion Cube.

It's really hard to play this game with a straight face, and I just love it.

I'd love to see Tikal, Marine, Wentos, and the other two Babylon Rogues in the next game. Captain Whisker as a rival would be neat too. Heck, seeing as this isn't canon anyways, I want to see Black Doom and Mephiles partake in doubles figure skating! I want my sequel, nao! Make it happen, SEGA! >:U

Edited by HunterTSF

Guest Jordan-4K6

Another Sonic Heroes title? unlikely. I loved the first one but I bet they mean something like Sonic Adventure 2's team system or Sonic Next Gen's.

This is a very odd statement, coming from a Chronicles fan. >:U

But the only thing Chronicles crossed over with was RPGs. >:U

I raise you a larger and bolder frowny face.

Edited by Cupcake Hedgehog

First you have the Mario & Sonic component,

That's no good to me; I hated the Mario & Sonic crossover titles, as they were not only conceptually broken, but also shameless and gutless cash-ins of two successful franchises. They're pure commerce; nothing more, nothing less.

He then says the other parts of Sonic are Sonic solo titles, like Unleashed, Secret Rings, and Sonic 4 I guess.

Sonic Unleashed and Sonic and the Secret Rings were both disgraceful abominations, and although things on the Sonic 4 side are looking up, I'd prefer there to be more than one playable character/ gameplay style to spice things up (providing that they don't go overboard, of course).

Then there's the All-Star Titles,

The only real reason why the All-Star Titles are counted as part of the Sonic series is that SEGA knows damn well that they wouldn't be able to shift a single copy otherwise; they both suck FAR too much to sell without the blue hedgehog plastered to the front-end of them.

Finally, he says something we haven't seen in a while, but team-centric games like Sonic Heroes.

Sonic Heroes? Are they joking? It's almost like SEGA's DELIBERATELY TRYING to suck Sonic back to the fucking dark ages; I never want to see even so much as a REMNANT of that awful pile of tripe ever again if it can possibly be avoided!

So, does this list cater for those who want to see a Sonic Adventure 3? Not in any way whatsoever; this is because video game companies of the modern world don't want to risk precious money on making titles that potentially wont sell quite as well as other shitty cash-ins will. I hope that SEGA's proud of themselves; they're on the brink of losing a truly loyal fan...

Edited by Extaticus
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Bad Quality Post 4

For fuck's sake man we've had 2 SA3s already.

Would you care to specify?

'06, which is SA3 in everything but name, and Unleashed, which we know started with the idea of an Adventure-subseries game and ended up similar enough to keep "Adventure" in the title.

I'll call it 1 1/2 SA3s if it makes you feel better, but no less.

'06, which is SA3 in everything but name, and Unleashed, which we know started with the idea of an Adventure-subseries game and ended up similar enough to keep "Adventure" in the title.

I'll call it 1 1/2 SA3s if it makes you feel better, but no less.

So that's a beta prototype (an awesome beta prototype, but still unfinished whichever way you look at it) and a poor excuse for a game that would have disgraced the Adventure series had it been a true sequel? Not making me feel any better, Diogenes...

Sonic '06 I can sort of understand, but Unleashed? It doesn't play like the first two SA titles in any way, shape or form, and CERTAINLY doesn't mimic the superb quality of the Dreamcast classics...

In addition to that, Sonic '06 didn't actually happen (according to the canon, at least), so SEGA still need to create a true sequel to Shadow the Hedgehog - why not make it good and call it Sonic Adventure 3? Oh, I know; it wouldn't make them any money at all, because it costs FAR too much to make a decent game, and - despite a budget PC re-release of SADX - nobody's played the first two!

Lesson to all budding game designers: NEVER let ANY marketing leeches or automatons in business suits control your creativity - you'll only end up bleeding out shitty games into the scum-ridden gutter of the modern mainstream.

• Thumbs Up 1

The problem with your argument Ex is that adding "Adventure" to the title does not guarantee the same quality as the Dreamcast games. Hell, we've had two games since 1991 titled "Sonic the Hedgehog", both of which sucked major bollocks.

Sonic '06 I can sort of understand, but Unleashed? It doesn't play like the first two SA titles in any way, shape or form, and CERTAINLY doesn't mimic the superb quality of the Dreamcast classics...

I dunno. SA1 > SA2 is about the same jump of difference as SA2 > Unleashed is. Both in terms of type of content and basic Sonic gameplay. The only major difference with Unleashed is the tone of plot. They went for a simpler macguffin type deal than the twisting plots of SA1 and SA2.

In addition to that, Sonic '06 didn't actually happen (according to the canon, at least), so SEGA still need to create a true sequel to Shadow the Hedgehog - why not make it good and call it Sonic Adventure 3?

I kind of thought of Sonic 2006 as a new story myself. Shadow The Hedgehog was a pretty darn definitive end to what could be considered the "Sonic Adventure era" storyline arc.

The problem with your argument Ex is that adding "Adventure" to the title does not guarantee the same quality as the Dreamcast games. Hell, we've had two games since 1991 titled "Sonic the Hedgehog", both of which sucked major bollocks.

What I meant was that a Sonic title should only be awarded the "Adventure" name if it is of a high enough quality; the game earns the name - the name does not make the game good. We should have learned that from Sonic World Adventure...

• Thumbs Up 1

Title/quality correlations are overrated because they're too subjective and inflammatory. A Sonic game should be given a name that corresponds with its aesthetic and gameplay themes. It doesn't need to be any more difficult than that.

To be brutually honest, I think another 'Adventure' game is the last thing the franchise needs. And I hope the complete failure of Sonic '06 (and the mixed reactions of Unleashed) lead Sonic Team/Sega away from the Adventure formula completely.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

But the only thing Chronicles crossed over with was RPGs. >:U

I raise you a larger and bolder frowny face.

I was actually referring to Chronicles non-canocity in that statement, rather than the crossover element. >:U

It certainly is interesting that they're considering a third Mario & Sonic title, though - it's rare that we see any Sonic the Hedgehog sub-series warrant anything farther than a sequel. I'm also curious as to what these other new Sonic titles may be, I wonder if we'll see anything at E3.

Edited by HunterTSF

I was actually referring to Chronicles non-canocity in that statement, rather than the crossover element. >:U

It certainly is interesting that they're considering a third Mario & Sonic title, though - it's rare that we see any Sonic the Hedgehog sub-series warrant anything farther than a sequel. I'm also curious as to what these other new Sonic titles may be, I wonder if we'll see anything at E3.

Mario & Sonic at the Special Olympic Games!

Wonder if it's Mario Galaxy 2. 8U

Mario & Sonic at the Special Olympic Games!

specialolympics.jpg

bro-botnik is awesome

I'd buy it.

Edited by HunterTSF
  • Thumbs Up 2

I'd buy it.

I'd by every copy I could...

AND DESTROY THEM ALL IN A FURNACE!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 4

Well, that was annoying.

"Sonic Heroes 2" had better revamp the gameplay several notches if it's to get any respect from the Sonic community... I'm sure it'd sell well either way, but if what this guy says is true... they need the quality to back up their corporate decision.

End of the day your still buying copies, and making Sega think thats the way to take Sonic in the future ;).

• Thumbs Up 6