Awoo.

Because Yukkuri Cirno is the strongest at taking it easy.

I've seen that video. You should watch the other ones that were made by the same person. They're cool.

I've been playing 12.3. It's cool, even though it's just mainly an expansion pack for Scarlet Weather Rhapsody. Seeing as I had 10.5 already, I set it up so everyone from 10.5 is in there, too.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Yay! Finally got a Normal 1cc! It was in SoEW and I finished with no lives or bombs, but it's a 1cc all the same! I kinda wanted my first Normal 1cc to be MS though...

Which one is SoEW again? Is it Story of Eastern Wonderland, the second PC-98 game where Marisa is introduced?

Edited by Arvoyea the Unsung Hero
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Which one is SoEW again? Is it Story of Eastern Wonderland, the second PC-98 game where Marisa is introduced?

Yes, it is. Most of my lives were lost with Marisa too...

• 5 months later...

TOUHOU 12.5 ANNOUNCED!

"東方文花帖 ~ Double Spoiler"

e00887424313276.jpg

ZUN announced the new Touhou game, numbered 12.5, in an announcement on his official website today.

Translation:

It’s been a while.

This is the new game out out for sale Reitaisai (14.3.2010), Touhou Project 12.5: Double Spoiler ~Touhou Bunkachou.

This is the second installment of Touhou Bunkachou (Shoot the Bullet), which I think of as more of an extra than a full game.

This game will torture you with so much danmaku that even if you thought, “Forget stories or development or anything, I just wanna kill time with a short minigame,” you’ll spend hours slaving away, loving every moment.

If I had to explain the story, it’d be something along the lines of “Aya Shameimaru, Tengu Reporter, persistently takes photos of humans and youkai and whatever else and records them in her list of defeated enemies.”

Using tengu power, taking a photo of danmaku will make the danmaku disappear; use this ability to dodge the enemy’s danmaku. The game definitely has strong puzzle game elements.

All characters and scenes featured in Touhou Bunkachou ~Shoot the Bullet will return for this second installment, along with brand new content! On sale for 1,000 JPY at the Shanghai Alice Ensemble booth at Reitaisai for 1,000 JPY! Please take a look if you’re interested.

I feel much better now.

(Images are of the game in a developmental phase.)

*Note: This game is pretty difficult to clear compared to other games, so please train yourselves.

e0088742432961.jpg

e00887424335334.jpg

e00887424344979.jpg

e00887424352076.jpg

e00887424364997.jpg

Source

I am so hyped, I don't even care if it's not a main series game. >=D

The bitching at pooshlmer and MotK is pretty ridiculous. That said, any Touhou is good to me, even though I can't for the life of me clear level 3 in Shoot the Bullet.

derp. I probably should have asked what everyone's opinion on UFO is, since it's been out for like, half a year now.

My opinion is... it was okay. ZUN agreed to tone down on the epic plot growth with each game from 6 to 11, and that's what he did. My only gripe with it (besides the UFOs) is

that Nue's spell cards were too much of a snooze fest to be and Extra Stage boss. Needless to say, UFO has the worst EX stage IMO.

As for UNL, Suwako. That is all.

I've tried, really tried, played again and again, but for the life of me I can't clear UFO Easy with MarisaB. I already 1cc'd Easy with everyone else, and I'm very close to a Normal 1cc with SanAe, but I just can't get past Shou with MarisaB =/.

Awesome, can't wait to see some video of this! I've loved the Touhou series, but unfortunately Crossover can't run anything above Touhou 9. However, I've got a friend with a good computer, so I might mooch off of him for awhile when it comes out.

Someone revived this topic? Sweet.

The bitching at pooshlmer and MotK is pretty ridiculous. That said, any Touhou is good to me, even though I can't for the life of me clear level 3 in Shoot the Bullet.

This, to an extent. Not even DoujinStyle was spared. And I can't clear Stage 3 either, coincidentally. Keine makes me hates lasers. Shou makes me hate them even more.

I'm gonna have fun with Double Spoiler. That meaning I probably won't get past Stage 2.

Here's hoping Orin and Hijiri are among the cast in 12.5.

EDIT: Oh yes, and before I forget- you think it'd be a good idea to make a sort of TSS Touhou League? You know, to face each other in VS games?

Edited by The Joiner!

Oh yes, and before I forget- you think it'd be a good idea to make a sort of TSS Touhou League? You know, to face each other in VS games?

I don't know, there isn't exactly a large Touhou playing crowd here at TSS, and besides with me being all the way south of the world plus running the games through wine, every match with me would be a lagfest (assuming the game doesn't crash halfway through).

Also, Double Spoiler release inminent!

So I played about 45 minutes worth of 12.5, only because I don't have SoulSilver yet. I got up to about the fifth tier before I gave up. It pretty much retains what StB has except there's a bit less loading time in between screens. There's also a new tweak to taking pictures; when a boss isn't directly in front of Aya, taking a picture will make the lens tilt toward the boss, making it a bit easier to capture her.

And I can't clear Stage 3 either, coincidentally. Keine makes me hates lasers. Shou makes me hate them even more.
You will HATE What'sherface and Unzan then.

And now for the boss listings (Up to what I've gotten to.)

Level 1 - Both Aki sisters

Level 2 - Parsee and Hina

Level 3 - Yamame, Kogasa, and Bucket Loli

Level 4 - Nitori and Momiji

Level 5 - WHF & Unzan and Murmasa

DOUBLE SPOILER! GET IT?![/incrediblyLamePun]

EDIT: Also, does anyone have a picture of the CD cover so I may put it up on our lovely introductory post with the rest of the covers? (That is, unless it doesn't have one at all.)

Edited by Ricky

You should make a league! Then I can beat people up with Yukari c:

Also:

<-- Apparently still processing, even though My Video's claims it's in HD :V

• 4 months later...

TOUHOU 12.8 ~ FAIRY WARS ANNOUNCED

It's hot.

I made a perfect game for a hot summer like this!

Here's what I'll be putting out at the next Comiket.

e008874214174198.jpg

Touhou Project #12.8 (how far are we going to go with this?)

"The Great Fairy Wars ~ Touhou Three Fairies"

That's it.

Cirno declares war on the Three Fairies, oh no. It's a continuation of a certain famous sketch.

Actually, I'd been planning on putting out a game ahead of the second volume of "Touhou Sangetsuyou ~ Strange and Bright Nature Deity" (the second volume's sketch "Greaty Fairy Wars" is its opening story), but due to the schedule and certain other things it didn't happen, but it's finally finished!

(That's a lie, I'm working hard on it right now)

I got Hirasawa Makoto-san to do some drawings for me, so it really has the laaaaazy feel of the three fairies comic (oh, and of course we have permission from Kadokawa).

But, the actual game itself is:

"A refreshing game where Cirno freezes the bullets she's supposed to dodge"

It's the kind of game you can play mindlessly for a short time whenever you want, with a difficulty level you can chew on as you play it over and over, and bold, yet subtle patterns.

e008874214324498.jpg

e008874214332755.jpg

e00887421434782.jpg

e008874214342016.jpg

( * Warning, the game is still in development, so things might change)

It's a simple yet bold game you can play without really knowing about the story or characters, and it's got a pretty natural-feeling system, so it's the kind of game that's worth playing, so if you're interested in the games, definitely give it a try.

Of course, the version released at Comiket will be the final version!

Oh, my Comiket booth will be second day, East hall A-28a.

Oh, and it's not done yet, but.

Source (Translation found on Pooshlmer)

tl;dr: ZUN trolls his fans and makes Shoot the Bullet 3 with Cirno instead of Aya.

At least some of the print work characters will finally get a game role.

• 7 months later...

Gonna bump this topic. HOPE YOU DON'T MIND!

http://kourindou.exblog.jp/14332117/

Today Touhou 13, Ten Desires, has been announced.

e0088742_711822.jpg

e0088742_7253832.jpge0088742_7264511.jpge0088742_7262936.jpge0088742_7272994.jpg

The usual Suspects Reimu and Marisa have been confirmed, with Sanae making yet another returning role as 3rd Player Character. Spell Practice has returned, and finally.

A CHALLENGER APPROACHES!

e0088742_7401138.jpg

"Basically, the story is "Suddenly a large number of spirits appear - the type that are called divine spirits! A young girl appears to investigate, knowing this can't be left unchecked."

The main characters include Reimu and Marisa as usual, as well as Sanae, who's trying to learn to use divine spirits effectively, and Youmu, who's here to deal with any divine spirits that aren't under her control"

Have fun guys

Holy tits, is that... ZUN's artwork? This is already my favorite art style. Although Reimu seems to be missin' an arm over there, hurr hurr

And inb4 the rage of 12,000 butthurt Sakuya fans.

Edited by Ricky

Holy tits, is that... ZUN's artwork? This is already my favorite art style. Although Reimu seems to be missin' an arm over there, hurr hurr

And inb4 the rage of 12,000 butthurt Sakuya fans.

In fairness, her portrait is dramatically skinny anyway (It's nice to see she managed to lose weight I guess!? Maybe she really is an undead Zombie and lost her arm...)

And oooooh yes. Youmu's like the biggest way to troll Sakuya fans.

WHERE THE HELL IS SAKUYA, ZUN?

Ah well, it was about time to get a mainline Touhou game again. The game seems to have a graveyard/spirits theme, so I guess it makes sense for Youmu to be there...

WHERE THE HELL IS SAKUYA, ZUN?

<insert PoFV ending of Sakuya stating that incidencts are best left to Shrine Maidens>

Ah well, it was about time to get a mainline Touhou game again. The game seems to have a graveyard/spirits theme, so I guess it makes sense for Youmu to be there...

She seems to be on a task for Yuyuko with the "Not in her control" business, dunno. Actually half hope this is an opportunity to have Yuyuko or Komachi reappear.

Today Touhou 13, Ten Desires, has been announced.

Wow, really? I'm still playing Embodiment of Scarlet Devil...

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow, really? I'm still playing Embodiment of Scarlet Devil...

IT'S OKAY EXTATICUS

One day PCB will pierce your eardrums with it's high pitched trumpets.

• Thumbs Up 1

I play Touhou... on easy (yes, yes, I know: "EASY MODO?!"); I'm a newbie and it's hard. Especially since I killed the controller. I played UFO today and I had to stop because I was just FAILING at stage five.

It's surprisingly addictive though and the music is quite good. SA, PCB, IN, and UFO are great.

I found out earlier today number 13 was coming out and I was like, "Oh snap! New Touhou! Yay!!". I think the art is looking quite good too! I think ZUN really has the potential to become an amazing artist, he should learn anatomy though... and how to draw hands, but hands are hard. He's pretty good at folds and character designs though!

Can't wait for more lolis who have lots of bows and/or ribbons to annihilate me!!! XD

So I played one of the Touhou games a while back and decided that it was a waste of time. It must be because I've grown tired of seeing these characters everywhere (like fucking everywhere), but it's not exactly an ideal shooter either.

To the series' credit, it did make way for this doujin album which is full of wonderful music.