Awoo.

Doctor Who

Patticus

So has anybody else checked Google today? wink.png

Yep. Pretty fun, but hard to control. Last level is flipping hard.

I'd say the fourth is harder due to that damn Angel. Last level's all about timing.

Edited by Spin Attaxx

Went to the Doctor Who Celebration today and had a thoroughly enjoyable day. You guys who are going tomorrow are in for a real treat! For a start, each of the three main theatre shows were really entertaining - particularly the Regenerations and The Eleventh Hour ones, I still can't quite believe I've been in the same room as four Doctors and Jenna Coleman and Steven Moffat all in the space of a couple of hours!

Outside of the primary stuff there's smaller panels - including one today with Bernard Cribbins, who I didn't even realise was going to be there and was an absolute delight to be in the company of - and lots and lots of stuff to buy. You name it, they're probably selling it there with a Doctor Who logo slapped on it. If you're planning to bring merch back, better make sure your wallets and bank accounts are full! laugh.png

I also went to a screening of School Reunion with a live commentary from the director and producer at the end of the day, that was a nice and more subdued affair to round everything off with. Overall, a really nice celebration of Doctor Who's 50 year history, and it's definitely got me psyched up for the big event tomorrow night!

Here's a picture of Bernard Cribbins because... well, it's Bernard Cribbins!

dfczlw.jpg

Oh, and in the Regenerations panel, Peter Davison confirmed that there is indeed a classic Doctor reunion set for release on the Red Button tomorrow night from... around 10pm, I think he said? Anyway, it's basically just going to be a few of the old Doctors playing themselves and protesting about not being in the 50th, or so I can gather. They promise it'll be funny so we'll have to wait and see on that! tongue.png

• Thumbs Up 5

Looks like I was mistaken regarding the Doctor's name, and him being billed in the early Who credits as Doctor Who. Still, it doesn't happen nowadays, so I still get to be irritated at kids now, yeah? Yeah?? Good. Okay. Glad that's sorted.

Oh, and in the Regenerations panel, Peter Davison confirmed that there is indeed a classic Doctor reunion set for release on the Red Button tomorrow night from... around 10pm, I think he said? Anyway, it's basically just going to be a few of the old Doctors playing themselves and protesting about not being in the 50th, or so I can gather. They promise it'll be funny so we'll have to wait and see on that! tongue.png

kBsXZch.gif

I know that this will come off as being sacrilegious to some Who fans, but I wonder if they could remake the first Doctor's adventures in HD with David Bradley? The remakes would be faithful in every conceivable respect, of course, but it could also allow for brand new multi-Doctor stories to be told, as well as a great deal more of the first Doctor's life and times to be explored, in addition to faithful updates of all those original and lost stories.

Went to the Doctor Who Celebration today and had a thoroughly enjoyable day. You guys who are going tomorrow are in for a real treat! For a start, each of the three main theatre shows were really entertaining - particularly the Regenerations and The Eleventh Hour ones, I still can't quite believe I've been in the same room as four Doctors and Jenna Coleman and Steven Moffat all in the space of a couple of hours!

Outside of the primary stuff there's smaller panels - including one today with Bernard Cribbins, who I didn't even realise was going to be there and was an absolute delight to be in the company of - and lots and lots of stuff to buy. You name it, they're probably selling it there with a Doctor Who logo slapped on it. If you're planning to bring merch back, better make sure your wallets and bank accounts are full! laugh.png

I also went to a screening of School Reunion with a live commentary from the director and producer at the end of the day, that was a nice and more subdued affair to round everything off with. Overall, a really nice celebration of Doctor Who's 50 year history, and it's definitely got me psyched up for the big event tomorrow night!

Here's a picture of Bernard Cribbins because... well, it's Bernard Cribbins!

dfczlw.jpg

Nice! Looks like it was an awesome event to go to MK, I very much wanted to make it there as well but was out of pocket unfortunately. Nevermind, I'm sure the cinema experience will ease my pain. Less than 9 hours to go now! It's come around so quickly. =O 

Just watched Tom Baker interviewed by Graham Norton for BBC Radio 2. Was about 10 feet away from the 4th doctor! This EcXeL convention is fantastic so far. About to step onto the 11th Doctor's old TARDIS set (the actual one!) I'll post more later!

• Thumbs Up 4

RE: Doctor Who vs The Doctor

WOTAN called him Doctor Who and IMHO War Machines trumps all because it's an amazing story

Also just read IDW's Prisoners in Time. Great stuff.

So An Adventure in Space and Time actually turned me into an emotional mess last night. I went on sobbing for a whole 25 minutes after the broadcast.

I'm not even joking, I couldn't stop crying after it was over.

The whole thing was endearing and, of course, fascinating since we got to see how the series began, but I was aching harder and harder for Hartnell when his health evidently deteriorated as it went in. My heart was hurting for the actor because, while a bit of a grouch at times, that man's character made the Doctor. Seeing him getting enthused in and embracing the role, playing around with children in the park as the Doctor, then forgetting his lines and having a hard time concentrating on his acting... It turned dark for me pretty quickly towards the climax.

After he was told that he would be replaced with Troughton because his crumbling health wouldn't let him do it anymore... I was not ready for that scene at the house when he broke down. Gatiss even had the fall to slip...

"I don't want to go!"

...in there, and I couldn't handle it. I wept for Bill just as he did on screen, repeating those words to himself over and over in despair.

Then his final appearance came, Pat was taking over (young, but he did the part well - "yep that's the Second"), I was still a mess, then Bill turned just as he activated the TARDIS. Cue surprise cameo and I just cried even harder, because that moment right there was so touching.

Can't wait to get home from work for the 50th.

Saw The Day of The Doctor. Bloody brilliant, especially the part where

all the Doctors (even the Twelth!) have a Big Damn Heroes moment.

I'm confused on one thing. Mind you, my livestream was so jittery for the last 10 minutes that I could barely keep up with anything BUT

I thought Gallifrey was already time-locked in a pocket dimension or whatever? Wasn't that what The End of Time was all about?

Saw The Day of The Doctor. Bloody brilliant, especially the part where

all the Doctors (even the Twelth!) have a Big Damn Heroes moment.

Yeah it was excellent.

Oh and did you see the bit where...

Peter Capaldi said "13" !

Edited by -Bender-

Oh and did you see the bit where...

Peter Capaldi said "13" !

I thought that was the other guy who said that, not him :U

The Day of The Doctor was absolutely brilliant, I loved every minute of it.

I really loved the way the story panned out, the way they were able to undo the mark Russel T. Davis made with The Time War without ruining 9, 10 and mostly 11's run was brilliant. When Capaldi showed up I was very shocked but ultimately excited to see him there. Lastly, Tom Baker's cameo was very cool, even if it had been said about the other day.

Also, 

looks like we're going to Tranzalore for one last adventure with 11. Going to be very hard to watch the Christmas episode but I do look forward to seeing the time lords again!

Oh, my god, THAT WAS EPIC!

Even Capaldi just looking up was awesome! It was even great to see reused footage of Eccleston saying "For my next trick...!" Also good to hear the series is bringing back Gallifrey!

My god, The Day of the Doctor was absolutely amazing!

Both David Tennant and Mat Smith have great chemistry together. I was not expecting Tom Baker to appear right at the end. The final scene with all the Doctors together left me with so many feels!

So does this mean that Hurt is the Ninth Doctor or something?

No it was mentioned that he will forget everything that happened and will continue to believe that he burned them all

Right then.

I think that did a pretty good job of living up to the hype!

I was starting to think they'd make a plot-hole with saving Gallifrey, but very quickly "I won't remember this, will I?" conveniently fixed that.

I also like how it linked in to the Shakespear episode from a few years back, explaining the ending to that quite well.

And Tom Baker? Don't understand how that works continuity-wise, but sometimes you just have to accept fan-service as a bloody brilliant treat. Loved all the other in-jokes as well, especially Hurt's final line about the ears.

So I guess officially Eccleston is now Ten, Tennant is Eleven and Smith is Twelve, so Capaldi (unexpected treat) will be Thirteen. Moffat's job to come up with a way to extend the Regenerations then.

(Edit - looking at below posts, ok, names may not change, but there is an extra Regeneration used up still).

So yes, very happy, and glad I avoided the Spoilers before.

Edited by Covskin