Awoo.

Doctor Who

Patticus

Check out David Tennant's introduction to the 50th special.  No expense spared!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEmm6UP5G88

I wonder if that was a subtle piss take of the non existent budget Doctor Who had in the 1980's? wink.png

50th Anniversary Surprise

Your choice to click that link, but all I'm gonna say is there's someone huge on the roster for The Day of the Doctor that we do not know of yet! MAJOR spoilers ahead if you go see who it is.

YOU'VE BEEN WARNED

also internally screaming in joy get on the day of the doctor hype train choochoo motherfucker do you speak it

• Thumbs Up 3

OH MY GOD

I'm genuinely shocked by this, I REALLY wasn't expecting any classic Doctors! I can't wait to see what exactly his appearance involves, hopefully he does something awesome, even if it's just a One Scene Wonder scenario. WE'LL SEE.

I

knew that whole "no classic doctors" guff was simply a smokescreen.  I've no idea why Doctor Who Magazine ever thought it was a good idea to say that, as it created immense negative publicity among the classic fandom and wasn't even true.  I can see why Mr. X spoiled this as it is something that's important for us to know to create more excitement for the special among classic series fans.  I just wish the BBC or Moffat or someone had given a nod and a wink answer on the question of classic Doctors so that we knew to expect them but didn't know who or how.

For the record, neither my post nor ElementofChaos's post before it name names, but we do mention the nature of the part.  Summary:

A Classic Doctor has confirmed their appearance in the special.

Edit Again: Oh, and just to add, apparently another 50th minisode, "The Last Day," has turned up on iTunes - but don't get excited; apparently nothing important happens in it and there aren't even any Doctors in it, so it's just the usual prequelly material.  For those keeping track of "Doctor Who blunders 2013," while it's free in the U.S. then iTunes mistakenly put a price on it in the U.K.

Edited by FFWF

Pertwee days to go!

Fixed! :D

Anyway about the spoiler 

YESYESYESYES! I'm glad that out of any classic Doctor they got well THE classic Doctor. Especially considering he wasn't in The Five Doctors.

Some people have speculated that...

Rose is something like River in Name Of The Doctor in this episode - present, but invisible and intangible.

I don't think that's quite right, however.  I'm looking forward to finding out.  Whatever the truth is, it almost certainly has to do with:

Her Bad Wolf status from The Parting Of The Ways.

Kudos to Moffat, anyway, for:

Bringing back Rose again and doing something radically different with her.

Edit: And a comment on a visual in "The Last Day":

I wonder if the skeletonisation is a reference to the Master's electric skeleton from The End Of Time.

Edited by FFWF

The secret is out...

The “Fish Dr” Revealed? The Five(ish) Doctors Reboot

Has the mystery of the “Fish Dr” been revealed?

Has the mystery of the “Fish Dr” been revealed?

For those who are utterly confused by this bizarre question here’s a recap of events in short. Last week, a mysterious Twitter account was launched (@DayoftheFishDr) and fans were urged to follow it by people closely connected to the show, including past Doctors.

Fans weren’t told why exactly but there have been several tweets since dropping hints as to what it is all about. Along with the two photos attached, the account has tweeted the following at the time of writing:

For those who are utterly confused by this bizarre question here’s a recap of events in short. Last week, a mysterious Twitter account was launched (@DayoftheFishDr) and fans were urged to follow it by people closely connected to the show, including past Doctors.

Fans weren’t told why exactly but there have been several tweets since dropping hints as to what it is all about. Along with the two photos attached, the account has tweeted the following at the time of writing:

• 9 days. They are coming…
  • “Hang on. One thing. Why are we doing all this?”
  • 8 days. Ready or not…
  • POLICE INCIDENT LOG – April 18th 2013. Certain items reported missing from Doctor Who experience, Cardiff.
  • 7 days/One week/Approximately 130 Gallifreyan hours…
  • 6 days. Cometh the hour…cometh the men. #FDR #FishDr
  • ‘Get Sylvester, I’ve had a moment of inspiration!’ – Peter Jackson, April 2013.
  • 5 days… Quel dommage!
  • 4 days – Davison Pic (below)
  • 3 days – Tennant Pic (above)
  • Some eagle-eyed Doctor Who TV readers have since discovered a Red Button TV listing for a Doctor Who special mini episode called The Five(ish) Doctors Reboot (hence FDR).

Synopsis:

Miss the classic Doctors? They’re back in this celebratory special written and directed by Peter Davison.

This will begin airing from 10pm Saturday 23rd on BBC’s Red Button service.

Some of you remember the Classic Doctor “protest” or Sean Pertwee’s script tweet a while back. According to the latter, Peter Davison will be joined by Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy, Paul McGann, Sean Pertwee and Olivia Colman and they will all star as themselves.

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/the-fish-dr-revealed-the-fiveish-doctors-reboot-55789.htm

Edited by Liam The Animator

Crap, It looks like I'm not going to see "The Day of the Doctor" In theaters after all. Turns out the tickets to the nearest one are all sold out. That'll teach me to underestimate the number of Whovians around here...

Saw An Adventure In Space And Time... damn the feels towards the end... just... the feels.

Loved it, though I thought that the guy who played Patrick Troughton looked too young for the part. A minor part, sure, but it still jarred me.

Edited by Spin Attaxx
  • Thumbs Up 1

How do I even after that? The final scene with the cameo oh my god and the way they looked at one another 

I could of cried jesus christ 

How do I even after that? The final scene with the cameo oh my god and the way they looked at one another 

I could of cried jesus christ 

As great as it was I feel it seemed kinda out of place in this real-life kinda thing.

Also when he started to cry, dem feels got everywhere.

I liked the part with the kids in the park.

How despite treating it like a job and unsure if he was enjoying it, when the kids start calling him Doctor Who he actually joins in with their game. /please let that be a real/true story.

• Thumbs Up 2

I liked the part with the kids in the park.

How despite treating it like a job and unsure if he was enjoying it, when the kids start calling him Doctor Who he actually joins in with their game. /please let that be a real/true story.

Apparently he did actually used to do that! :D

• Thumbs Up 1

His name isn't Doctor Who. Fucking kids.

In the credits it was Doctor Who for years, it's understandable especially for the 60s.