Awoo.

Rumours Suggests Sonic Heroes Remake Being "Considered", Not Currently in Development

Dreadknux

Im all in for a Sonic Heroes remake (or even just a port or remaster). This game has been stuck on 6th generation consoles for far too long. I know theres a PC port, but that one needs its own mod manager and stuff to make it run at least decently on newer hardware.

Rumors are fun to speculate a lot of times. Just don't take them seriously.

A Sonic Heroes remake rumor personally isn't all that interesting. But yeah, usually they're fun to speculate.

Didn't think this would make it to the Stadium. It seemed too flimsy and only people who just looking for any old thing to talk about in a YouTube video seemed to pounce on it as anything with a shred of verifiable legitimacy (not saying it's NOT real but there's way too little supporting it at this time).

Edited by SolidSurgeTT

21 minutes ago, SolidSurgeTT said:

Didn't think this would make it to the Stadium. It seemed too flimsy and only people who just needed anything to talk about in a YouTube video seemed to pounce on it as anything with a shred of verifiable legitimacy (not saying it's NOT real but there's way too little supporting it at this time).

As a former writer for the site, debunking or clarifying the facts behind a rumor that's being spread around the community is part of the territory. Sometimes "there's no news, actually" is news in itself. TSS has a responsibility to squash disinformation just as much as it does reporting verifiable news.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Fist Bump 1

Considering the first hint of a Heroes related thing was from the Tailstube part of the Sonic Central from last june... if it's still in "consideration" it must have been like that for a while, if they decided to go for it, it should have been in development by now.

Sonic Heroes was actually the first game I owned on the PS2, however I didn't 100% the game, if it is 1:1 I would like to go back to it and see if I can get the A ranks for each mission. Might not be the Adventure games yet but I wouldn't mind Heroes being remade 1st then, if it does well, we get Sonic Adventure 1 & 2.

1 hour ago, Red Hot Jack said:

Considering the first hint of a Heroes related thing was from the Tailstube part of the Sonic Central from last june... if it's still in "consideration" it must have been like that for a while, if they decided to go for it, it should have been in development by now.

Another thing is also the Fast Friends video, featuring models from Heroes. While the Frontiers mention of Neo Metal probably doesn't mean anything. But it does make Heroes an interesting choice if it's true.

• Thumbs Up 1

Having Sonic Heroes remakes is a great idea willingly make except for Unreal Engine 5 develop inside Sonic Heroes run on really hope, they get use dat game engine secure good it be plus some charms too keep original Heroes has.

Edited by Aroon

7 hours ago, castell-neath said:

Wouldnt surpise me if its true. Links to Sonic X Shadow Gens, Shadow / Team Dark and Sonic 3 would also tie in if elements of the game are in the film (Omega mostly)

Has there been anything to suggest Omega showing up in the movie?

Seems like a bit of an odd prospect. 

The Sonic Heroes remake will be cool but I think it might for XBOX Series X/S, PS5, and Nintendo Switch, and the upcoming Nintendo Switch 2. But that will be cool.

Heroes has some of the best Stage themes/styles in the series, so it could be awesome.

But it would need to be completely rebuilt from the ground up.

• Thumbs Up 1

so your saying theres a chance?

3 hours ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

Has there been anything to suggest Omega showing up in the movie?

Seems like a bit of an odd prospect. 

No, nothing at all. Its just personal wild speculation lol

PLEASE, SEGA! JUST MAKE ONE FOR THOSE WHO JUST GOT INTO THE SONIC SERIES! I'M DYING TO PLAY HEROES SINCE I'VE HEARD ABOUT IT!!!!!

I don't really need a remake, but I guess it'd be nice to have a version of Heroes without those ugly, slimy looking models. 

Definitely don't want to lose the old voice cast, though. 

I feel like a Heroes remake, out of all of the older 3D games, has the most potential in terms of turning something flawed into a masterpiece, or as close to a masterpiece as Sega could achieve 

heroes has very wacky controls and physics, but the gameplay mechanic was great, the team mechanic was good, the music was fantastic, the stage themes were my favorite among 3D Sonic, there’s just a lot I like about the game. But if the controls ain’t great, I have no reason to return tbh. 

if Sega can take Heroes and remove the jank, I would totally be down. If they didn’t make it worse (totally a possibility), it would be a day one purchase 

18 hours ago, Wittymations said:

I didn't even know that there was a ton of development issues with Heroes. At least beyond the multiple hardware they had to port it to. I'm assuming that's the root cause of this. Based on quick research, heavy crunch time and him being based on the US with dev team in Japan.

Arguably every Sonic game ever, but in Heroes' case it must've been even worse.

Sonic Heroes is my favorite Sonic game, but I much rather have a re-master than a re-make. I like the original voice actors and music.

• Nice Smile 1

Has it been disproven that a Sonic Heroes remaster is not happening anytime soon?

I never had any old consoles and I only played Classic games! That's why this remake sounds pretty interesting to me! But if it is too much for SEGA, I would just ask them to take their time and release it in 2026.

It would be cool if there was a team with silver blaze and someone else maybe

14 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

Has it been disproven that a Sonic Heroes remaster is not happening anytime soon?

A lack of negative evidence is not support for positive evidence. It hasn't been disproven that SEGA's remastering Tails Sky Patrol into a deck building roguelike releasing in 2026, but that doesn't meaningfully support the idea that they are.

IIRC, games made in the RenderWare engine (which were the majority of PS2 era games, including Heroes) can't actually be "just ported" to modern systems, they would have to build it, for the most part, from scratch in another engine. Could be Unreal, but not necessarily, remember Colors Ultimate was actually rebuilt using Godot, not UE. Unleashed and Generations for instance uses the Havok engine and Sonic Team's own Hedgehog engine, which makes things easier. Hell, Superstars was made with Unity!

So basically just "adding widescreen and sharper visuals" are already a lot of work on itself. Simply importing those PS2 era games to UE have veeeery mixed results, which is why when these games get a re-release, they're usually made from scratch, like Crash, Spyro, THPS, MediEvil, Shadow of the Colossus, Pac-man World... 

Edited by Jango