Awoo.

Who is your favorite voice actor for every character?

screwball

Since the movie is coming out soon, it got me thinking about potential voice actors for it, which then got me thinking about the current voice actors for the games. I was wondering generally what people think about the voices theyve had. I am mainly talking about the games, but you can count voice actors from the shows or movies if you want, my question is just like in your ideal world, who would voice all these characters in the games? (you dont really have to list EVERY character, just the ones you care about) also feel free to elaborate on why if you want!

For me it would prob be:

Sonic: Ryan Drummond or Martin Burke. Drummond is like the embodiment of Sonic to me, and he'll always be the voice that plays in my head when I think of Sonic. As for Burke, I just really think he sounds really charming, it's definitely a different take on Sonic, but I think it works well for the ova.

Tails: Corey Bringas. Not sure how popular this opinion is, as I admit some of the line reads are very bad, but I always felt like this voice of Tails really made him feel like a little kid, bad line reads and all. I think I honestly prefer Connor Bringas' voice but... well some of those line reads are harder to ignore.

Knuckles: Michael McGaharn. Drier is a CLOSE second, but not close enough to be included. I just love the direction Knuckles' voice has with McGaharn, he sounds very introspective and more shy, which I like for his character. It probably wouldn't fit him now, but I still think he sounded his best here.

Amy: Jennifer Douillard. I feel Douillard suits her character best, later voice actors sound more like they're trying to imitate her imo.

Shadow: David Humphrey. While at times Griffith can beat him for me, Humphrey I feel will always be my favorite Shadow. He just sounds so mysterious and creepy, in a way that Griffith never does. While Griffith may be the better voice, Humphrey is just my favorite honestly.

Rouge: Kathleen Delaney. Unparalleled. No contest. What more is there to even say. If I HAD to pick a different voice actor, it would be Kazumi Evans from Prime, but still. Delaney is the best we have ever had they got her spot on.

Sonic: Definitely Ryan Drummond in terms of English actors, but overall, probably Junichi Kanemaru. I tend to prefer the Japanese voices over the English ones, especially in modern games. He's just a fun voice actor; it helps that his version of Sonic feels more true to the character than most of the English VAs.

Tails: Colleen O'Shaughnessy. I've always loved Colleen's Tails; she just sounds miles better than the one he had in the 2000s. I also got to meet her and get her autograph at Comicon a while ago, and she was super nice! We talked a bit about voice acting, and she told me about the recording of Sonic Boom, when they would have some of the VAs recording together, she would be with Travis and Roger, mostly, and they would make weird noises into the mics all the time. Pretty awesome experience.

Shadow: Always David Humphrey, but Ian Hanlin got very close. Both of them had the ideal voice for Shadow. Jason Griffith was okay, but both his and Kirk Thornton's Shadow voices are a bit too.... gritty. They feel way too rough for Shadow. Ian and David had a deep voice, but it wasn't overly harsh and forced, it was more smooth, which I feel fits Shadow more than a gritty voice.

Rouge: I do really like Lani Minella and Kazumi Evans(her voice was my all time favorite in the entirety of Prime), but I'd say my favorite is Kathleen Delaney. Especially compared to her current VA. I don't know how I can phrase this without being rude, so I'll just be blunt. Rouge's current VA is god-awful and needs to be replaced. Badly.

Eggman: Deem Bristow. No, I will not explain myself.

Knuckles: Dan Green. Or Scott Dreier.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, cosmichaos said:

I don't know how I can phrase this without being rude, so I'll just be blunt. Rouge's current VA is god-awful and needs to be replaced. Badly.

I honestly agree, I didn't want to put too many negative opinions at the start of the topic but... yeah. She just doesn't sound like Rouge.

Also if we're going negative, I really hate Kirk's Shadow. Just so much. I don't know anything about the guy, so I don't really want to be rude. But. My god. He genuinely sounds like someone doing a bad Shadow impression. It's like everything I dislike about Shadow's current characterization rolled into one voice.

I honestly hope we get a voice actor change soon, like I don't dislike every voice right now but most of them I'm just pretty eh on.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

Sonic: Ryan Drummond. The reason I chose him over Roger Craig Smith is that his Sonic voice is SO ICONIC! It takes a lot to make a super iconic voice like that!

Tails: Colleen O' Shaughnessy. I just absolutely love her Tails voice! It's adorable and fitting to Tails' character!

Knuckles: Idris Elba. I don't know why I chose him. His voice just fits Knuckles so much!

Amy: Jennifer Douillard. It perfectly fits Amy. Adorable, innocent, and spunky!

Cream: Michelle Ruff. All I have to say is that her Cream voice is SWEET! Like Vanilla cream.

Eggman: Mike Pollock. He has a really good Eggman voice which fits Eggman's silliness, and seriousness.

Rouge: Kazumi Evans. She did an amazing job as Rouge and I want to see her voice Rouge in other games.

Shadow: Jason Griffith. He absolutely rocked Shadow the Hedgehog!

Edited by Maple Syrup
  • Thumbs Up 4

5 hours ago, Maple Syrup said:

Sonic: Ryan Drummond. The reason I chose him over Roger Craig Smith is that his Sonic voice is SO ICONIC! It takes a lot to make a super iconic voice like that!

Tails: Colleen O' Shaughnessy. I just absolutely love her Tails voice! It's adorable and fitting to Tails' character!

Knuckles: Idris Elba. I don't know why I chose him. His voice just fits Knuckles so much!

Amy: Jennifer Douillard. It perfectly fits Amy. Adorable, innocent, and spunky!

Cream: Michelle Ruff. All I have to say is that her Cream voice is SWEET! Like Vanilla cream.

Eggman: Mike Pollock. He has a really good Eggman voice which fits Eggman's silliness, and seriousness.

Rouge: Kazumi Evans. She did an amazing job as Rouge and I want to see her voice Rouge in other games.

Shadow: Jason Griffith. He absolutely rocked Shadow the Hedgehog!

I agree with everything here, except I would pick Roger Craig Smith over Ryan Drummond for Sonic. Roger's performance has really grown on me over the years.

A lot of the current Sonic casts' VAs are a mixed bag honestly. Some of them sound perfect for the role, like Mike Pollock as Eggman, while others sound... bad. Really bad. I'm not gonna point fingers at anyone... (cough cough Kirk Thornton)

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1